AvP Article in Sci-Fi Magazine

Started by Darkness, Jun 22, 2004, 09:44:59 PM

Author
AvP Article in Sci-Fi Magazine (Read 30,172 times)

SaNdMaNxX

SaNdMaNxX

and u really think a predator iz ganna give it up that eazy becuz of alil acid blood on him ???? Hey FARI that sitting ducks shit was kinda funny lol

Hell Alien

Hell Alien

Ok last post for the night Im working tomaro. First, Fari, try to bring good points on this cuz now your only saying that the pred are the best  and bla bla bla. And we dont even know if aliens are seeable on heat sensors. That is still to proove. Cuz if not, the pred will have to be quick on the buttons to change vusion modes fast. So bring good points or stand out of it. cuz saying that pred are the best is not a point. Anyway I will be here tomaro so come back and lets continue this tomaro. k?  As for the sandman, no acid wont be enough, a pred can wistand a 12 in the face, he can wistand lil blood. But, I was talking about the weapons advantage. Anyway pred armor is suppos to be acid resistant.Right? if not , preds are dumb, or want more challenge. Anyway the alien will only have to neutrolize the wrist b, and the pred will have to deal with tail claws jaws. Even if the blades are damn long, the alien could dodge it. or take a hit but getting the pred down on the same time. That way he will be on top ready to strike with 3 weapons.    Anyway, its great to discuss with ya 2, we will continue this tomaro k?

SaNdMaNxX

SaNdMaNxX

aight hell talk to u tomorrow ..

Joe

Joe

the predator is the ultimate bad ass, good bad it doesn't matter. THEY RAISE THERE KIDS ON ALIENS. INSTEAD OF GOING TO THE PARK THEY SEND THEIR TEENAGERS TO ANOTHER PLANET AND MAKE THEM KILL ALIENS. i always thought of the pred to have hero tendencies. especially since the first avp cominc with the coolest predator ever, Broken Tusk

FlyOnTheWaLL

FlyOnTheWaLL

hell alien, No aliens are not seeable on IR sensors, as seen in their first attack in aliens and subsequent games, Preds supposedly have a vison mode to cope with that(in AVP 1&2) but dunno if it will be persented in the movie. Speaking of the movie, in both pred movies games books ect. they all reference how preds love heat, and hate cold then i ask wtf are preds doing in the artic, makes nay sense shoulda beeen a Ancient Aztec pyramid or somthun  -out-

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

I m sure alot of others will agrre with me on this when i say that the pyramid is in the arctic to mabey add to the challenge of there passage to manhood test, 'fighting and surviving the aliens'.Now alos as some have commented mabey it is in that enviroment to keep the aliens from escaping to a civilized area and to kepp them in the pyramid.But I realy dont think that the preds hate the cold they prob just prefere the heat .

Shadow of FUS

Shadow of FUS

Well...lots of people are gonna be pissed when the Predator wins   :-\  

Barreth

Barreth

I think what Paul Anderson meant when he said people would sympathize with the predators was that we have more in common with predators than we do with aliens. Predators have human characteristics, such as their social structure, their physique, and their sense of morals(their honour code).  People are going to argue that they have no morals... ie: they hunt humans and aliens for sport. But if you look at our society, are we really any different? Someone mentioned that predators are over confident. Yes they are, because they believe themselves to be superior to all other races. Therefore, they consider us a lesser species as with the aliens and therefore in their view it's acceptable to hunt us. It's very similar to us hunting deer,duck,bear... whatever your preference... we feel we are superior and are of greater worth and therefore it's acceptable for us to animals. But human hunters dont kill baby's, and they dont kill females... they generally just kill the males... obviously the weapons rule doesnt apply because animals on our planet dont have weapons... so that rationale cant apply for the preds  But thats literally the difference between aliens and preds. Preds hunt us for sport, because they consider us a lesser species... aliens just dont give a sh*t.. they dont care if ur man, woman or child. You're either food or a host... or both, and thats really all there is to it. Aliens, much like all insects have no honour code, have no morals and no sense of right and wrong... they do what they have to, to survive...   In my opinion, preds are a lot more like us than most people realize, it's just difficult to see, because instead of hunting deer and duck... they hunt us..

Pvt Hudson

Pvt Hudson

Wolfman your stupid to think the gridalien was born with grid cuts into its head!

Barreth

Barreth

hahahaha

Variable

Variable

Barreth you and me finaly have something in common. I agree with that essay you wrote a few posts back. I especialy agree with your outlook on why the predators kill armed people. They fell that we are in control of the situation. We are the superior. We dont go blowing away babys or females if we are on a trophy hunt. the same with the preds. I am sure that the preds have a certain amout of respect for the humans because they are almost a even match. When you look at aliens I also have to agree with Barreth. You are either food or a host. No honour code. No logic. No reason. They have no pity. That is what makes them such a perfict organism.

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

I dont realy care who wins, I grew up only an alien fan, never really knew what the predator was until, I played the very first AVP video game for the SNES, I loved it, so I watched the pred and pred 2,I came to love the predator just as much as the alien, so I really dont care who wins, pred human, alien, makes no diffrence to me.

Winston

Winston

Hell Alien, have ever read the AVP books? maybe if you did you could come up with a better agrument. the Preds armour is mabe from alien exoskeleton so therefore acid resistant, all of their weapons are acid resistant and in the first book AVP Prey a single pred takes out about 20 alien with just a spear and blades, the only reason he lost was because the alien overwelmed him about 100 to 1.  fari_21, Preds do rule and these people with their pathetic attemts to say aliens are better just need to wake up and smell the acid, Preds RULE, Aliens suck. if they had any advantage at all it would be the fact that they can wall climb or their overwhelming numbers

FlyOnTheWaLL

FlyOnTheWaLL

Also for the AVP books, the aliens were out in the open, as said thier element is Darkened halls and other similerly closed areas, so the pred would have more of an advantage out in the open like that, but not so much in another area such as a temple/spaceship, where space is limited and thier wall climbing capability can be utilized.

WonderBrick

WonderBrick

I would like to see how Aliens act when they do not feel the survival instinct to survive.  I would think this is what Ridley Scott wants to cover with the potential Alien 5 or 6, and a journey to the Aliens homeworld/origins.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed