Mass Effect

Started by Space Sweeper, Dec 12, 2010, 01:46:57 AM

Author
Mass Effect (Read 425,882 times)

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Doubt it will add much but bring me closure...

Nightlord

Nightlord

Weird that this just gets announced out of nowhere, I'll try it but I doubt it will make up for the original ending.
Few other things on the website http://www.masseffect.com/about/extended_cut/
Spoiler

It looks like nobody died after all except for Shepard.
[close]
Obligatory  :laugh:

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Spoiler

Peace on Rannoch? Does this mean that there is a way for the races to resume their travel of the galaxy?

Don't wanna get my hopes up there, but that alone would make me happy.
[close]

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Ima wait until Tuesday. Good lord, I hope this thing satisfies me.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

No additional charge?

I have a bad feeling about this.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

It was established as soon as it was announced that it would come at no additional charge, just as the others had been. If it was at an additional charge, nobody would bother, and it would pretty much be an insulting joke.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I am foaming at the mouth just wondering how I will react to this DLC. I'm even more excited to see how other people will react. I don't even know if I want the DLC to make fans happy, or more pissed off (to those that are pissed off).

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Being with the fanbase for the full run, I'd really rather see them get the satisfaction they deserve; because I'm one of them. Not that there aren't irrational people within that fanbase, but Jesus Christ, every fan got f**ked with the existing ending.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I can't help but be suspicious, a part of me is actually expecting something along the lines of an insulting joke either way, that part of me could be proven wrong though but I'm not getting my hopes up, I guess we will see what happens on the 26th. Those pictures provide a little faith but I'm not certain if that is the final product.

But on the bright side it is free.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jun 24, 2012, 05:23:14 AM
I can't help but be suspicious, a part of me is actually expecting something along the lines of an insulting joke either way, that part of me could be proven wrong though but I'm not getting my hopes up, I guess we will see what happens on the 26th. Those pictures provide a little faith but I'm not certain if that is the final product.

But on the bright side it is free.

There's no way that they will make a joke. Bioware knows that the fans are...most of them...angry as hell about this. So many damn theories out there to make sense of the ending, that's just f**king sad because it clearly shows that Bioware f**ked up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjAO3B0ITnM#ws

This video here is the first thing I saw of Bioware even addressing the fans. After processing the ending, and feeling indifferent about, and after reading and watching videos on why the fans were angry, this video up here, and it's parts, is the one thing that left me knowing that Bioware will do right by us.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I'll let the Extended Cut speak for itself.

So what I gathered from part 1 and 2 of the video...

Spoiler
So there is basically still going to be blue explosion, green explosion, and red explosion and they still crash on some random planet, but they pick it up from there depending on what choices you made?

Well, if I get more closure out of it then I'll probably be a lot more satisfied than I was with the ending we got, that is what matters.
[close]

BlackMatter169

BlackMatter169

For me, this DLC won't fix anything. I have no intention on downloading it. Partly because I can't mostly because I won't. I'll look up videos on youtube, I'll read reviews, but I will not be downloading it. Bioware lost me as a customer the moment I watched the mass relays blow up. If the DLC does make sense of everything and ties everything up in a neat little red, green, or blue bow then good for Bioware it only took thousands of screaming fans and three months for them to actually finish their game.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

That seems rather petty but suit yourself.

BlackMatter169

BlackMatter169

I'm merely voting with my wallet, because that's all I can do to truly express my displeasure of the ending. Sure, the DLC is free, I know. But my course of action seems like the simplest and clearest way to express my opinion. To me, these endings were a betrayal of my trust, my faith in Bioware as a developer. Thus, I have chosen to not purchase their games. If that is petty then I don't know what you'd call the petitions and charity drives other fans did to change the ending.   

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I agree with the feeling of betrayal. After Mass Effect 3 I am going to stop and think before I buy anything they make from now on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed