Mass Effect

Started by Space Sweeper, Dec 12, 2010, 01:46:57 AM

Author
Mass Effect (Read 427,153 times)

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

I know I'm going to love the game but the whole jamaican protean squad member is the dumbest thing Bioware has ever put in one of their games. WHY? Whoever thought making a protean sound like a rasta was a good idea should be shot in the balls and then fired from the gaming industry. YES I MAD.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Well thats me officailly ready for Mass Effect 3. Every squadmember and Crew members survived the suicide mission, All DLC done and every side mission completed.

Bring It on!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, I haven't heard anything about the prothean squadmate, I'd rather wait till I play the game before I relay an opinion.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

You know, the whole Zaeed launch day DLC was annoying enough, but this shit EA and Bioware are pulling is f**king insulting.
Spoiler
How do you reduce a prothean to a DLC squadmate? They are one of the most important species in the entire mythology; finding one alive should be a massive discovery. But no, its DLC which Bioware has declared "unimportant" to the overall story.
[close]

Talk about a giant middle finger to consumers. The video game industry is the only industry where we let them get away with this; any other industry's consumers would be pitching a giant fit over something similar. Imagine if movies or books made you pay extra for another character, people would call bullshit over that in an instant. And I'm part of the problem, because if I had a stronger will I wouldn't give them my money for this, but because I have to play this game, I'll willing to compromise. And that is why they are able to get away with it.

Remember the days when games came complete out of the box, and you could just put it in and start playing instead of having to put in 5 passwords with a controller just so you can have an extra gun or outfit? Good times.

Effectz

Effectz

That is EA for you man,Bioware probebly were gonna throw it in the game anyway seeing as the Protheans are an important part of the story its just that EA knew people would buy it.They're robbing bastards.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Activision is even greedier than EA though.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Nobody bitched about Quarians having largely Israeli accents, but now they're bitching about Protheans having an African one... hmmm...

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 23, 2012, 07:07:05 PM
Nobody bitched about Quarians having largely Israeli accents, but now they're bitching about Protheans having an African one... hmmm...

It's Jamacian, man! Having Djimon Hounson voice a Prothean would be pretty badass.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

I just can't picture the almighty protheans talking like jamaican rastas from Earth.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 23, 2012, 07:13:28 PM

It's Jamacian, man! Having Djimon Hounson voice a Prothean would be pretty badass.
...Who is African.

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Feb 23, 2012, 07:15:15 PM

I just can't picture the almighty protheans talking like jamaican rastas from Earth.
I think you missed the part where the accent isn't Jamaican.

For f**k's sake, people, you act as if he's refering to the Commander as "mon" and asking him if he'd like to "smoke'up sum'd ganja mon" and trying to incite "one love". Space Israelis got off easy, it'd seem.

And the voice actor doing the role is does an awesome job, so there's no place for bitching on that front.

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Feb 23, 2012, 04:58:26 PM
You know, the whole Zaeed launch day DLC was annoying enough, but this shit EA and Bioware are pulling is f**king insulting.
Spoiler
How do you reduce a prothean to a DLC squadmate? They are one of the most important species in the entire mythology; finding one alive should be a massive discovery. But no, its DLC which Bioware has declared "unimportant" to the overall story.
[close]

Talk about a giant middle finger to consumers. The video game industry is the only industry where we let them get away with this; any other industry's consumers would be pitching a giant fit over something similar. Imagine if movies or books made you pay extra for another character, people would call bullshit over that in an instant. And I'm part of the problem, because if I had a stronger will I wouldn't give them my money for this, but because I have to play this game, I'll willing to compromise. And that is why they are able to get away with it.

Remember the days when games came complete out of the box, and you could just put it in and start playing instead of having to put in 5 passwords with a controller just so you can have an extra gun or outfit? Good times.
Completely agree, what finding a living Prothean represents is f**king substantial. I don't know how they could even plan to have people go through the whole game without that discovery taking place. How stupid.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Except it's African and it sounds fine.

I can't believe people are upset over the accent and not the fact that a Prothean squad member is DLC.

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Today at 11:58:26
QuoteHow do you reduce a prothean to a DLC squadmate? They are one of the most important species in the entire mythology; finding one alive should be a massive discovery. But no, its DLC which Bioware has declared "unimportant" to the overall story.

Well said.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: coolbreeze on Feb 23, 2012, 07:45:39 PM

Except it's African and it sounds fine.

I can't believe people are upset over the accent and not the fact that a Prothean squad member is DLC.
Thank Christ for a voice of reason.

Prime113

Prime113

Well, Djimon has an AFRICAN accent. Jamaican and African accents aren't the same. If it was African, as Djimon's would be, it would be awesome.

EDIT: Sorry, I haven't actually heard the voice of the Prothean yet. I've only taken peoples word for it. Their word said it was Jamacian...In my opinion that would be stupid. I mean, who wouldn't think that a Jamacian Prothean wouldn't be stupid?  :laugh:

And, SpaceSweeper, please, don't try and turn this racial. It's not. If it was a dumb white hick Prothean, I would be upset. If it was really any accent that sticks out, it would come off as unreal and I would be upset.

Personally, I think they should just leave the Protheans out. But, since there is one, I think they should mix several voices, or run it through some programs or something along those lines.

And, I am incredibly upset that they are only doing this as a DLC both personally and story wise(Its a f**kin PROTHEAN). At least most of you will get it several months before the rest of us.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 23, 2012, 07:59:32 PM
And, SpaceSweeper, please, don't try and turn this racial. It's not. If it was a dumb white hick Prothean, I would be upset. If it was really any accent that sticks out, it would come off as unreal and I would be upset.
I... wasn't aware I was turning into a racial thing... uhhh...

Vakarian

Vakarian

Aw f**k sake that GIF is awesome. XD

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 23, 2012, 08:12:16 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 23, 2012, 07:59:32 PM
I... wasn't aware I was turning into a racial thing... uhhh...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zm9BB0bekgw/Tw4oVej03TI/AAAAAAAAAms/EaK-LqQK-Xs/s1600/Carl-Winslow-Shocked-Gif.gif

You kept mentioning Israelis in space, and that they "got away" with that. To me, that sounded like you were trying to make it racial.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed