Mass Effect

Started by Space Sweeper, Dec 12, 2010, 01:46:57 AM

Author
Mass Effect (Read 418,426 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I never even worked up the enthusiasm to revisit it after it's initial release.  Did Bioware ever fix it?

What tier is it?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Andromeda would've been fine if it was marketed as a spinoff instead of the replacement for the original story. 

People loved the original crew though, and it suffers the same problems that the new star wars sequels do in that people just don't want new cast replacing the old cast. 

The story is weak and feels unfinished, but it wasn't as terrible as people made it out to be.  6.5/10. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

My money says any ME4 will be a shlooter.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I think it's time for EA to follow Capcom's example and remake the ME trilogy for the PS5/XSX.  The graphics and frame rate should be amazing and it would go a long way towards redeeming Bioware.

I'd like to see one long game divided into three chapters and an overhauled inventory system for the entire thing.  ME1 was too much, ME2 was too little, but ME3 was a happy medium.  They should use that as their basis and improve on it.

They could even retcon the ending a bit to pave the way for ME4.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I'd buy it.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

ME2 is right along TLOU as my favorite PS3 experience. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Would you buy a remake of it that had the same polish as RE2's?

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I'd by a remake if it was even just a graphics update like the Halo anniversaries, clunkyness and weird inventory and all. If they went the whole way and made it more like ME2 gameplay/inventory wise I'd be ridiculously happy.

Been a Mass Effect drought recently.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Personally, I think EA would be wiser to pursue that course before even trying ME4.  They could even give us a multiplayer component tied to all three games of the trilogy (and load it with microtransations, for all I care).

Maybe they could also rework ME3 so the war assets have more of an impact on the final battle.

The Old One

The Old One

I think that's the only viable option.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

More customization options too.  The PC versions always had an advantage with mods that console players never got.  It's time to either allow mods or give us a metric f**k-tonne of built-in options.

The Old One

The Old One

Yes, I agree.

Local Trouble

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed