Author
Mass Effect (Read 423,449 times)

Samhain13

Samhain13

I tried posting somewhere else, see if you can see it now:

Sabby

Sabby

Oh, a Volts Orb. I get it.

Okay. The game unlocks for me in 20 minutes. We've all had a lot of fun shitting on the game, but now I'm going to do my absolute f**king best to purge the keks from my brain, drop my expectations to zero, and really try to experience this game in as close to a vacuum as is possible without a memory scraping.

I really hope this game is good with the right head space.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 22, 2017, 01:00:08 AM
Oh, a Volts Orb. I get it.

Okay. The game unlocks for me in 20 minutes. We've all had a lot of fun shitting on the game, but now I'm going to do my absolute f**king best to purge the keks from my brain, drop my expectations to zero, and really try to experience this game in as close to a vacuum as is possible without a memory scraping.

I really hope this game is good with the right head space.

A game is either good or it isn't. There's no "right head space" about it my friend. All that leads to is lying to yourself to justify spending the money.

Sabby

Sabby

I both agree and disagree. You're right, the games quality doesn't change because of how I feel, but my ability to enjoy something can be hampered by my mood and expections. I'm trying to open myself up to whatever the game has for me.

Was there a day one patch? I'm making a custom white girl with no issues.

I see us natural gingers are still not represented in media... I have to look like some fake with a gross dye job appropriating my culture.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 22, 2017, 02:16:23 PM

I see us natural gingers are still not represented in media... I have to look like some fake with a gross dye job appropriating my culture.

Gingers are subhumans. Even SJWs don't want you around.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I did the first mission last night plus 2 side quests. I honestly haven't seen much of what everyone's complaints where about. The only two problems I've had are Addisons face and the fact certain cut scenes have lagged for me. I'm running the actual game just fine, but the cut scenes are the thing that lags which is odd.

Addisons face...there's no animation in the world that could save that disaster.

Sabby

Sabby

Welp, that was fun. Mouse got stuck on screen, textures stopped loading, and then a loading screen hung until I had to kill the process. Let's try that again.

Edit: Aaand I can't progress. Instantly, a game breaking glitch. f**k.

Further edit because f**k Origin: Game didn't install the redistributables. Hoping maybe those and a reboot will let me play the game.

I'm really trying to be positive here.

Gate

Gate

Don't listen to the reviews. Game's a blast. The only major issue are technical bugs. On my monster of a laptop I get random lag spikes and the f**king lighting effects are a huge lagfest.

Facial animations are fine. It's no worse than Mass Effect 3.

Story isn't inconsistent. What the hell were you talking about, Le Celticant?  There's just a whole lot to do because it isn't linear.

Please don't listen to the reviews and pick this game up whenever you want. It's fun.

Sabby

Sabby

Problem solved. Origin downloaded the game wrong, because it's a great f**king program. Working now.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Gate on Mar 22, 2017, 03:53:06 PM
Don't listen to the reviews. Game's a blast. The only major issue are technical bugs. On my monster of a laptop I get random lag spikes and the f**king lighting effects are a huge lagfest.

Facial animations are fine. It's no worse than Mass Effect 3.

Story isn't inconsistent. What the hell were you talking about, Le Celticant?  There's just a whole lot to do because it isn't linear.

Please don't listen to the reviews and pick this game up whenever you want. It's fun.

I agree with the above.

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 22, 2017, 04:36:08 PM
Problem solved. Origin downloaded the game wrong, because it's a great f**king program. Working now.

Origin is the devil.

Vow

Vow

It's fun.

What can I say to that? Truly we are defeated. There is no going against the "It's fun" argument.

Except for the fact that a ton of people do really, really weird and messed up shit and still have fun with it.

Fun is subjective. What you find fun, others won't, and vice versa. Example: I don't find eating shit to be fun.

Not to mention, your wilful ignorance reviews is disturbing. By no means am I saying that anyone should ever completely heed reviews. God knows there's a ton of awful ones out there, shitting on perfectly decent games, but you just saying to completely disregard them, which presumably includes the ones pointing out the game's flaws, is just very shill-like.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Vow on Mar 22, 2017, 05:12:03 PM
It's fun.

What can I say to that? Truly we are defeated. There is no going against the "It's fun" argument.

Except for the fact that a ton of people do really, really weird and messed up shit and still have fun with it.

Fun is subjective. What you find fun, others won't, and vice versa. Example: I don't find eating shit to be fun.

Not to mention, your wilful ignorance reviews is disturbing. By no means am I saying that anyone should ever completely heed reviews. God knows there's a ton of awful ones out there, shitting on perfectly decent games, but you just saying to completely disregard them, which presumably includes the ones pointing out the game's flaws, is just very shill-like.

Did bioware/EA hurt you? Because it seem's like you have a personal vendetta against this game

Vow

Vow

Not really. I just call it like I see it, and I have no misplaced affection for Bioware, let alone EA. The former is not even a shadow of its former self, while the latter is one of the shittiest companies ever to exist in the history of video games. There are undoubtedly some redeeming bits about ME:A, I don't question that. Folks have mentioned improved gameplay, but I'm not one to look past everything else, just because it might have good combat.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Vow on Mar 22, 2017, 06:05:10 PM
I just call it like I see it

But have you played it? Or at least watched a play through of it post release?

Gate

Gate

Someone buy me a drink. I was just called a shill.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed