Mass Effect

Started by Space Sweeper, Dec 12, 2010, 01:46:57 AM

Author
Mass Effect (Read 427,039 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Remonster on Mar 20, 2012, 01:58:45 PM
I was thinking about something at work today. If the script was leaked during the beta, why didn't we know that the ending was going to be so controversial? Did they change it because of the leak?

I have questions on the leak as well. I have been internet deprived for nearly a year now, and I did get on the interwebz at least from time to time, but I never heard anything of any sort of leak until last week. To my knowledge it was leaked by IGN, Bioware supposedly changed the ending because of that but that's it, anyone here that can clearly explain what happened with that?

To add my two cents on the ending to ME3, I absolutely hated that there was no closure at all in the end, I didn't feel it. Pretty much obvious the game isnt over already, so I am just waiting on DLC or whatever, because the "REAL" ending either needs to followed up on with DLC, or just make another game, which I doubt is going to happen with the ME universe we are currently playing with.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Anyone that wants closure should have a look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG4EyfXOTJ4#ws

QuantumSheep

QuantumSheep

You know what was insulting? The "buy more DLC" message that popped up after the ending. That was just a slap in the face. It's like having your dog die, only for a salesman to show up at your door and say, "Oh, I'm sorry your dog died but would you like to buy some dog food, a collar or maybe even a kennel?"

I'm not buying any single player DLC. What would be the point?

Vakarian

Vakarian

I don't really see a problem with buying the DLC to be honest.

QuantumSheep

QuantumSheep

The inevitable "Take back Omega" DLC isn't going to make the ending any better, is it?

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Nightlord on Mar 20, 2012, 06:48:53 PM
Anyone that wants closure should have a look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG4EyfXOTJ4#ws
This is now Cannon!

Remonster

Remonster

I'm not buying any DLC for the game. I'm gonna go spend the money on Binary Domain instead and enjoy my over-the-top cheesefest.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Sierra on Mar 20, 2012, 08:45:27 PM
It's because they asked 20 bucks extra for collectors edition which doesn't matter despite the art book and the patch and the little comic.
Spoiler
Because shep is dead and dead man/woman has no use for special guns, hoodies. and a robot dog.
[close]
And the fact people who did not have money for collectors edition still had to fork up an extra 10 dollars for first day dlc which is seriously something you NEED to complete this story is just pure extortion.  Even with Zeede or whatever his name is was free.
Spoiler
Nobody should fork up money for an ending that should of not been disappointing in the first place! 
[close]

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: Predator Queen on Mar 21, 2012, 12:41:12 AM
Quote from: Sierra on Mar 20, 2012, 08:45:27 PM
It's because they asked 20 bucks extra for collectors edition which doesn't matter despite the art book and the patch and the little comic.
Spoiler
Because shep is dead and dead man/woman has no use for special guns, hoodies. and a robot dog.
[close]
And the fact people who did not have money for collectors edition still had to fork up an extra 10 dollars for first day dlc which is seriously something you NEED to complete this story is just pure extortion.  Even with Zeede or whatever his name is was free.
Spoiler
Nobody should fork up money for an ending that should of not been disappointing in the first place! 
[close]

Agreed.
Spoiler
The Prothean wasn't just some random character to the game. He really felt integral to the story. He should of never been DLC..
[close]

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Confirmation that they are doing something about the ending.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/21/4108/

QuoteBuilding on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey. You'll hear more on this in April.  We're working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we've received.  This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Mar 21, 2012, 05:02:50 PM
Confirmation that they are doing something about the ending.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/21/4108/

QuoteBuilding on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey. You'll hear more on this in April.  We're working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we've received.  This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue.
Well this is good news I suppose.

I'm amazed at how suprised he is that most people don't like the ending,

I mean seriously, Mac walters just had no idea what he was doing.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Yeah, I don't understand how they could be surprised either. They create a series that gets people very emotionally involved, and then they end it with barely any closure just after altering the very fabric of the universe itself, and they didn't expect people to get upset? And that's not even taking into account the outright lies given to us about multiple and varied endings based on all the choices we made.

QuantumSheep

QuantumSheep

Quote from: Nightlord on Mar 21, 2012, 06:08:42 PM
I'm amazed at how suprised he is that most people don't like the ending,
http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt123/XXXpredALIEN/1332190712246.png
I mean seriously, Mac walters just had no idea what he was doing.

"End of first Matrix"-- Uh, no, Mac. You got the first and third Matrix films mixed up (not a good thing).

"LOTS OF SPECULATION FROM EVERYONE"--Because ending a trilogy with a whole heap of unanswered questions is a really clever thing to do.

"Sense of hope"--How so? We plunge the galaxy into a new dark age. Not exactly hopeful.

"But why did he have to die?"--Oh, drama for the sake of drama, I suppose.

How did the Synthesis ending work? Space magic? What happened to all of the characters? Where's the closure?

It's as if they replaced the ending of Return of the Jedi with the last ten minutes of 2001: A Space Odyssey. Mac Walters has proven just how clueless he is when it comes to writing plot. He seems so baffled that hardly anyone likes the ending.

One argument by people who defend the game's endings is that games are "art" and should not be changed. However, "art" is made for the consumer. If the consumer isn't happy, they can complain about it, throw it in the bin, suggest the artist fix it up. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle brought Sherlock Holmes back from the dead due to public outrage, Michelangelo repainted the Sistine Chapel three times since people didn't like it. One thing I notice, done by those defending the endings, is that they do their best to gloss over the obvious plotholes, almost as if they're in denial. Anyone with half a brain can see the ending was half-assed.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

So, I was wondering...

How bad woud it be if I started paying Mass Effect 2 without playing the 1st?

My argument is that long long ago I actually played the demo for #2. If the real thing isn't far from the demo then I'd die right in the start but then be resurrected with a side effect of memory loss, and there would be converstaions that seemed like you could ask questions as if you were new to the story.

If I played #2 then #3 I could treat #1 like a prequel later on. The reason I want to do this is I'm having a hard time getting #1 and I don't want to miss out out the fun. I kinda got a #1 before but the guy had actualy run out so the only thing I got was my money back.

What do you think?

Vakarian

Vakarian

Playing ME2 and ME3 without playing ME1 is like going to a prostitute for a hug. You just dont do it.

It really depends, if your looking to get emotionally attatched to characters and understand and feel the story more. Play the first two games, its fun to see everything evolve from game to game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed