AVP Manga

Started by Rebel-Blood, Nov 13, 2010, 12:53:25 AM

What would you think of an AVP manga or manga style comic?

Hate it.
12 (30%)
Never heard of manga.
0 (0%)
Why fix what isn't broken.
4 (10%)
I like it.
24 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author
AVP Manga (Read 14,794 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

This Hiroya guy seems to be the best choice for things like an AvP manga.

Regarding again the clichè faces... just no brother, I wouldn't "justify" them in any A/P context. This is AvP. SRS STUFF. Not Naruto.

SiL

SiL

Assuming all manga/anime looks like Pokémon/DBZ/Naruto is like assuming all western comics and animation looks like The Simpsons.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

not saying this.
Just that those faces are clichè, common places, of manga and anime.

SiL

SiL

Wasn't talking to you specifically :P

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Shouldn't be like this:

Ghostface

Ghostface

Id love to see a series Aliens Anime movie. I think the Japanese could do a very interesting and eery interpretation.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 14, 2010, 10:26:08 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 13, 2010, 08:35:39 PM
AVP manga? No. AVP anime in the style of Halo Legends, I'll check it out.

Please no, Halo: Legends was exceptionally awful.
Well.... most of it was awful. But when it was good it was REALLY good.

Quote from: Rebel-Blood on Nov 14, 2010, 01:46:12 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 14, 2010, 06:36:09 AM
Quote from: Rebel-Blood on Nov 14, 2010, 05:00:19 AM
Manga is alo more accesible nowadays than regular comics
I don't even know what this means.
I go to bookstores, regular stores, libraries, school libraries they're everywhere. Not once have I gone to a public library and seen the new issue of any comic.
I dunno, can you name any live-action movies that have come out recently that were based on anime/manga? Because there have been a shitload based on comics, with more in production.

SM

SiL

SiL

Yeah, my answer would be "quite a few".

They just don't get a wide release in the west.

Heck, I'd say there are probably more comic book movies made in Japan than here.

SM

SM

Reckon.

And I'm hanging out for the one above.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Holy shit, I'd never heard of that one. I've got no idea what was going on in that trailer, but I'm not sure it matters because it looked crazy.

SM

SM

Space battleship Yamato - Star Blazers in the west - is a cartoon from the late 1970s.  The first series, from the which the film takes it's lead as far as I know, involves a planet bombarding Earth with radiation and another friendly planet offering 'cosmic DNA' that will repair the damage.  The Yamato has a year to travel a gazillion light years to get the cosmic DNA.

Carnage and wave motion hilarity ensues.

After another staple of my childhood, Thunderbirds, was royally f**ked up - this looks fecking awesome.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Cool, thanks for the info!

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: SM on Nov 16, 2010, 11:03:03 PM
After another staple of my childhood, Thunderbirds, was royally f**ked up

Never forget, never forgive.

SM

SM

"Hmmmm... the core audience for this will probably be in their 30s and 40s, possibly their 50s - and their children.  So let's try and appeal to them in equal amounts.  And given the vehicles were the main draw and focus of the TV show, along with desperate situations and rescues, we need to play to that as much as possible."

"I know - how about we focus almost entirely on a teenage Alan, Tintin and make up some nerdy mate."

"Who's also Brains son!!"

"f**kING GOLD!!!  Get the beardy guy out of Star Trek to direct!"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed