Figure Pics of the Alien

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Jul 30, 2007, 07:28:49 PM

Author
Figure Pics of the Alien (Read 16,504 times)

Master Chief

Master Chief

^ Noir-Gojira  :D

Alien: Hey, hey, did, did you see a little rabbit run by here? Which way did he go, George? Which way did he go?

Bugs Bunny: Him go dat way.

Keyes

Keyes

I think it looks pretty good! The "Aliens" design "updated" if you like, and I'd say a decent compromise between the old and the new looks. Perhaps the best design since Alien3 or maybe Aliens, but we need some footage first :)

SiL

SiL

Well, Greg wasn't lying; they did make the back of the head rounded again. That's good.

Pity about everything else. They tried going biomechanical with the neck, but it just looks like a mess. The hands don't look quite like they'll have super long fingers again, but the production still says otherwise.

Tell me, when the Strause's say 'the roots', do they mean the original movies, or the first AvP movie? Cos that don't look much like something we'd have seen in Alien or Aliens, and yet the Predator looks like he walked right out of the Predator ship at the end of the second movie.

Maybe next time :'(

EDIT

Oooh, looks like they kind of de-fleshified the Alien's belly a bit. Doesn't save the design but it's a nice touch.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Ha ha, i was right in some ways :D ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Don't worry SiL, it's a bad camera angle and the lighting's wrong. :P

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 30, 2007, 09:07:54 PM
Don't worry SiL, it's a bad camera angle and the lightings wrong. :P
You forget - It's also a stunt suit! And ... and ... it was, like ... incomplete ... and shit ...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Nah. I like it. It's only the neck and the very very fleshy shoulders I don't like.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Well, the lighting is wrong, and this figure does shure look not as good as the real deal. :P

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

Quote from: SiL on Jul 30, 2007, 09:08:42 PM
You forget - It's also a stunt suit! And ... and ... it was, like ... incomplete ... and shit ...

hahahhaa coments like this will make Strauses and fox work harder in the trailer so we can see it tomorrow  :D

SiL

SiL

Meh, f**k the trailer. I'd rather an Alien that looks like an Alien than the trailer at the moment.

*Goes off to watch Alien*

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Anyone else wanna go off-topic?

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The teeth in the model are just the same as those in 'Aliens' - check it. Should be fine.

predpant

predpant

i think the front top part of the head looks different to the ones in ALIENS  :-\

beeko

beeko

its more aliens than avp look at the feet & hands also the pipes on the back are more rounded than pointed like ar or avp

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I like it. The head is fine, and it is original. I feel that whatever they saved from the AVP costumes are the good parts. Love the head, back is original. Like the color. Better than the pitch-black of AVP.
The neck, I agree, looks huge, but that doesn't mean it's bad. I actually like it! It fits. It makes the alien look more threatening.

I don't know why everybody is angry at the design. For not being the original? Why would we want the original again? We had it! Variety is the spice of life. For being similar to AVP? The designs weren't at fault there. If you watched the AR special feature on the creature effects, besides the disjointed legs, the costume is great. The angles, they are the diminishes. Along with the lighting and behavior. For looking organic? I think it doesn't. It has just what it needs- bio and mechanical. BIO-mechanical.

Looks great. Judgment remains for the behavior.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed