Alien Resurrection- Why or why not?

Started by Redfield, Jan 15, 2007, 04:39:49 AM

Author
Alien Resurrection- Why or why not? (Read 64,408 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Fury_616 on Mar 05, 2007, 11:56:29 PM
If I recall correctly from the AVP DVD (or it could've been from the Alien Quadrilogy box set--I forget) O'Bannon mentioned that if he were in charge of AVP, he would've had it that the Alien eventually becomes the Predator in one of its later stages.  While it would've been interesting to see and Alien civilization, the mixing of Aliens and Predators like that would've killed the fun, IMHO.

Thank God he wasn't in charge of AvP then!

Newsfop

I think that the fascination is still alive because of just how many questions have still gone unanswered. The only real way to get everything is to have a movie with the Alien as the protagonist in the vein of storytelling such as Antz or A Bug's Life. That is of course something I hope to never see.

Alien5

Alien Resurrection is a great movie, despite what people think. Everyone that I talked to who liked the other alien movies hated it. My reasoning for liking it is that I think the whole concept of human cloning to be quite fasinating, so the idea of cloning Ripley was something I could see happening. The overall movie I believe reflects mankinds need for science and if and when the first human is actually cloned would only prove how curious and experimental we are. The fact that the scientists in the movie clone Ripley and experiment with alien/human DNA is something that I could definitely see someone doing. If you read the novel of Alien Resurrection I think it fills in the gaps on what was left out in the original movie and makes you appreciate more what the characters were in fact going through at the time. The only things I would consider annoying were the fact that Weyland-Yuntani was reduced to being bought out by Wal-Mar which makes no sense and the fact that they cut scenes like the remembering Newt and exteneded speech in the chapel. If they did make an Alien 5 I could see them using Ripley 8 but maybe she is more docile and somewhat more human because of the destruction of the Aliens. Then again who knows. I think they should bring back Weaver, whether or not they decide she deserves to be the star of the show, that's up the "company". If Alien 5, is made and its the last of Ripley than she needs to go out in a full circle sort of way.

scarface

Call, shes hot.
Weavers acting.
Some characters, mainly the smugglers.

Dislikes:

New born
Queen
Back ground story.
Under water scene, was coll but impossible to hold your breathe that long, if you hadnt noticed very few people in the world can but most of those people in the movie were jsut ordinary.

Dont knows:

Alien design, didnt like the legs, dont like the brownish, but i sorta kinda like the design they just made the head to small.

Newsfop

You know, I don't get it. I really do not.

I must've been absent the day people handed out the ability-to-find-Winona-Ryder-attractive genes. I don't find anything about her alluring or even the slightest bit sexually appealing.

Could someone PLEASE explain to me what is so fabulous about this woman?

SM

SM

Some people dig on her waifish/ childlike looks.  She's fairly good looking conventionally speaking, though I don't personally find her attractive.  It took my several viewings to warm to her performance in Res.

Newsfop

Everything I've seen her in, she looks bizarre, and not in a good way. Good way bizarre would be Milla Jovich in The Fifth Element covered in ventilation suit in a silly bandage outfit. Winona is just so unappealing in my opinion.

SM

SM

I find Milla even less attractive than Noni.

silversurfer

My opinion. i think its brilliant because it shows exactly how humans have the thought of been able to tamper with whatever they please. it shows mans inability to let things be. So therefore we should get what we deserve. Pi$$ed off Aliens.

As for some of the script, well a i think a 3rd year student could have written some better lines. Really need to lose a few quirks in a horror. unless its b-grade.

Kill em All

Predator Eldar

Alien Resurrection was a surprisingly good film the first time i saw it, suspensfull and action packed.
It kicked Alien 3s a**.
But even though it had it's good points like the underwater scene it still had nothing on Alien 1 or Aliens.

Extroheal

I hate that it contradicted nearly all the novels because it was set 200 years after Alien 3. If they set it only a few decades after Alien 3 and Weyland-Yutani still existed it wouldn't have contradicted anything.

ZombieSlayer909

Liked:
-Weaver (Duh!!)
-Underwater Scene
-The intelligence of the aliens
-The chestburster going through his windpipe and out the other guy's head.  ;D
-The newborn's death
-The fact that Paris, France is now a desolate wasteland
-Improved special effects since Alien 3
-The other Ripley experiments

Didn't Like:
-Crapping dialogue
-Didn't feel like an Alien movie
-All the other actors (save Perlman)
-Dumb story
-The newborn
-And a buncha other stuff

Extroheal

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 06, 2007, 02:44:50 PM
Quote from: Fury_616 on Mar 05, 2007, 11:56:29 PM
If I recall correctly from the AVP DVD (or it could've been from the Alien Quadrilogy box set--I forget) O'Bannon mentioned that if he were in charge of AVP, he would've had it that the Alien eventually becomes the Predator in one of its later stages.  While it would've been interesting to see and Alien civilization, the mixing of Aliens and Predators like that would've killed the fun, IMHO.

Thank God he wasn't in charge of AvP then!
What is it with O'Bannon and his silly idea that aliens become civilized once they reach a certain age? Aliens and Predators are so different it would be like saying a human becomes a giant spider at a certain stage of development. However, there are some people who don't understand the concept of aliens borrowing DNA from their hosts and take the Predalien chestburster in AVP as evidence that aliens and Predators are somehow the same species. These are the same type of people who think that the Space Jockey was a Predator and that the Derelict was the giant Predator ship in AVP.

SM

SM

Oh, gee, I dunno maybe it's the orginal idea of the guy who created the Alien in the first place.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Extroheal on Mar 29, 2007, 01:23:29 AM
What is it with O'Bannon and his silly idea that aliens become civilized once they reach a certain age?

That was how he originally envisaged it way back when it was still called Star Beast: Ridley Scott agreed with, and liked, the idea. Unfortunately, its on-screen evidence was thrown away for matters of pacing and making the movie less than 3 hours long.

The adults use livestock to birth their young, then from their burster stage until a while later they're mindless carnivorous monsters who eat eat eat and eat some more. Then they mellow out, loose a few limbs - The Alien was originally a 4-6 armed squamous creature - become civilised, learn the art of communication through literature and art, and live a full scholarly life of 200 years.

Then Cameron comes in a few years later and goes 'Heheheh, no, that's just retarded. The Alien? Civilised? Please, it eats people. That's what it does. It's also pretty bug-like, so we'll make it a termite. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go rape your brainchild.'

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed