ACM Status Update #2

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 19, 2010, 11:24:40 AM

Author
ACM Status Update #2 (Read 158,154 times)

Vulhala

Vulhala

Screens look good. But that's just not enough info for me. We'll be waiting a while before we get this one guys  :-\

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Why would they show us screens of A:CM if it's not going to be released? It's just delayed 'cuz they're working on DNF.  ::)

Vulhala

Vulhala

Don't get me wrong, I honestly believe we'll see it. Just not for a while. Maybe they'll release it concurrently with the Alien Prequel  :D

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Shifting priorities from Aliens: Colonial Marines to Duke Nukem Forever would be very bad. It's like unearthing a fossil of a dead animal and wanting to revive it and leaving a living animal to become one (a fossil, I mean). You can't have both at the same time, but...come on!

RavagerDX

RavagerDX

I'm just happy we got something.

Quote from: Vulhala on Sep 06, 2010, 08:58:03 AM
Don't get me wrong, I honestly believe we'll see it. Just not for a while. Maybe they'll release it concurrently with the Alien Prequel  :D

you never know, maybe sega thought that releasing alongside the prequel would be a money spinner.

the more time spent on ACM the better, imho

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Whoa! What's with the massive alien re-design? In all the earlier interviews they talked about using Aliens as the primary source material, with a bit of Alien thrown in, which was reflected in the early screens. Now we have AVP aliens (with the bowed dorsal tubes and ridged tails) with AVP-R heads (visible in the screen where it hangs upside down)...

Brother

Brother

Created a new topic for the screens, let's keep this one for the status updates.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=34711.new#new

shinigami

shinigami

Looks like they were ripped from a movie. Nice.  :)

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Oh man, AvP3 should've looked like this...

(then again, with all the comments SEGA got on AvP, perhaps they learn for the next incarnation)

XxecutionerxX

XxecutionerxX

"Aliens: Colonial Marines Still Alive"

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1118581p1.html

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

If they release these properly, I am going to have to get a a:cm profile, full of epic f*ucking win so happy right now, and I think you might have double posted the news article? Or my computer is spazed up.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: AvatarIII on Sep 06, 2010, 11:31:50 AM
you never know, maybe sega thought that releasing alongside the prequel would be a money spinner.

The Japanese do love the Alien franchise.  I believe that even Alien3 was met with a positive reception when it was released there back in the day.  If SEGA has some fans on the board that decides when to release games, I wouldn't be surprised if we see this game released when the prequel comes out.  But at this point, I'm a little hesitant to give SEGA the credit of that much foresight when the development history of A:CM has been anything but intelligent on their part.

Quote from: AvatarIII on Sep 06, 2010, 11:31:50 AM
the more time spent on ACM the better, imho

There is such a thing as spending too much time on development.  Game engines and consoles can become obsolete if a developer is not punctual with their product.  I'd rather see an A:CM that is slightly rushed at this point than over-developed.  If GBX isn't lying and they really have been working on this game for as long as they say they have then the game should be done by now.  It's not because they haven't been working on it and thats why they can't even produce screens that are in-game. 

At the end of the day, I still believe that this game will be canceled very soon.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

I don't think sega even released avp in japan :/ be interesting to see if they do with this.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 06, 2010, 04:20:22 PM
I'd rather see an A:CM that is slightly rushed at this point than over-developed.  If GBX isn't lying and they really have been working on this game for as long as they say they have then the game should be done by now.  It's not because they haven't been working on it and thats why they can't even produce screens that are in-game. 

At the end of the day, I still believe that this game will be canceled very soon.
Finally some serious and nice post! I agree 100% Now everybody will say that we are trolls or haters or some..nah thats the truth about this game. 4 screens for 4 years what the hell...is it so hard to capture a damn video clip?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed