NECA Predators Series 3

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 06, 2010, 04:57:31 PM

Author
NECA Predators Series 3 (Read 245,819 times)

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

Series 1 Classic, Falconer and Tracker were good with paints, Series 2 Mr. Black was meh

uruk

uruk

tracker was okay for me, i couldn't look at the rest.

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Sep 19, 2011, 05:21:29 PM
That Hot Toys Classic looks way better than my Series 2 piece of crap Masked Classic. Im not gonna go back to old records again but my classic still looks like it was painted by a baboon.

Was the head beneath the mask just one dull shade of brown? Mine was.
Also the netting was poorly painted on, they missed half of the sculpted netting...
Terrible paint job either way. lol, so I ended up making my Celtic Predator from him.

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

Yeah, under the mask was plain boring brown. No relation to a real Predator's face. Tsk Tsk Tsk   :-\

Snowdog

Snowdog

Just received my Neca Elder Predator. I have to say this is the best neca figure i have at the moment. The detail is amazing !!!
Sorry if the picture loads slowly, it's a pretty big file ::)

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

Quote from: Snowdog on Sep 20, 2011, 06:01:09 PM
Just received my Neca Elder Predator. I have to say this is the best neca figure i have at the moment. The detail is amazing !!!

Agreed. This is by far the most impressive figure I've seen, and I'm not even into collecting figures. But this is a work of art.

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

Dunno if i'll get Elder soon, it just hasen't warmed up to me. Of course I would get it but it's just that it's not very screen accurate, the colouring is good but the polka dots are very odd and why bother putting pipes on the Elders armour when it wasn't in the movie? Why couldn't Neca also do a perfectly screen accurate Plasma Caster that he had? Neca didn't really perfect the Elder as much as I thought. I may get it soon though...

uruk

uruk

you know... it's not that hard to resize the image. and the problem vanishes...  ::)

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: uruk on Sep 20, 2011, 09:22:32 PM

you know... it's not that hard to resize the image. and the problem vanishes...  ::)

I know but i also like the semi high resolution :P

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

You post the pics as big as ya want Snowdog.

Don't worry what others think.

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

I'm actually hell keen to get Elder. I just lack the funds and the effort to go pick him up. :P
I did however order Classic and Tracker. Could've gotten tracker ages ago, but it didnt appeal to me due to all of the complaints. But now i'm sick of just Falconer and beserker... Might repaint tracker if he looks dodgy as well.

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: Sabretooth on Sep 21, 2011, 09:42:41 AM
I'm actually hell keen to get Elder. I just lack the funds and the effort to go pick him up. :P
I did however order Classic and Tracker. Could've gotten tracker ages ago, but it didnt appeal to me due to all of the complaints. But now i'm sick of just Falconer and beserker... Might repaint tracker if he looks dodgy as well.

What complains?

The paintjob on him was pretty nice (MUCH better than Berserker's) and dont need a repaint  ;)

The only thing wrong about him was his tusks broken here and there, but since NECA changed it to soft plastic it not break anymore...  8)

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

I was actually considering getting Tracker before I got Elder, but the greens are just too damn bright.

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

The tusks should of been soft plastic since the beginning. My Tracker has already suffered from, lets just say, "a big bump". And the paint on him is quite nice, the Tracker i say wouldn't need a repaint, works well when you put him next to other predator figures.

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

In pictures that I have seen, Tracker does sit well next to other Predators. One thing I have noticed is that he isn't as detailed as Falconer Predator and the Series 2 Berserker Predator. However, Tracker was lacking in the same depth even in the film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed