NECA Predators Series 3

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 06, 2010, 04:57:31 PM

Author
NECA Predators Series 3 (Read 247,225 times)

spinksy

spinksy

I ended up buying 2 sets of the series.

1 set I'm keeping in box and the other I have opened, I've customised the P2 elder.

Definatley a great set of figures, I actually LOVE the Pred hound!!

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

Pred Hound is AWESOME spinksy!!!

So hey guess what guys?
I finally decided to open my Elder pred, which is BEAUTIFUL btw, and nooooo his arm is just fine no breaking. But get this! He is missing his armor on his right leg along with the "knee-pad" armor on his lower leg armor. WEIRD. I have to admit this is kinda disappointing... but not really a big loss... i'm contemplating emailing neca about it. Not sure if its worth the trouble...

This happen to anyone else?

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

Well... No. Didn't happen to me! Because I don't have series 3 yet. Damn Australians, ahead in time but not in gear...
However, there is no harm in emailing NECA, heck even give them a call.
You have a right to atleast try to get it exchanged! (Atleast in my opinion.)

samoht

samoht

Quote from: SizzyBubbles on Sep 05, 2011, 02:32:01 AM
Pred Hound is AWESOME spinksy!!!

So hey guess what guys?
I finally decided to open my Elder pred, which is BEAUTIFUL btw, and nooooo his arm is just fine no breaking. But get this! He is missing his armor on his right leg along with the "knee-pad" armor on his lower leg armor. WEIRD. I have to admit this is kinda disappointing... but not really a big loss... i'm contemplating emailing neca about it. Not sure if its worth the trouble...

This happen to anyone else?

Take it back to the store you got it from with the reciept

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

QuoteTake it back to the store you got it from with the reciept

I would have. But i bout it to long ago and just decided to take him outta the box. So i no longer have the receipt. I'm not to disappointed, but its kinda awkward.

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

Try calling them up, they might be nicer then you think.

gtsp669

gtsp669

I got series 3 today.....

Predator Hound is Great! But my '87 Classic predator's right arm breaks right as I try to move it. My Elder Predator's left arm and right broke off as I tried move them.

What is this crap?

protonpackin

protonpackin

its weird so many ppl have figures that break...ive never had any problems

brownieccad

brownieccad

Quote from: gtsp669 on Sep 09, 2011, 12:34:33 AM

Predator Hound is Great! But my '87 Classic predator's right arm breaks right as I try to move it. My Elder Predator's left arm and right broke off as I tried move them.

What is this crap?

Well I Thought i had better luck with my second Elder, picked one up and didn't move it at all, it, along with a few other preds got dipped into a near boiling pot of water. Each fig, seemed to improve in their affected areas and joints. So it definitely works on stiff joints suffering from glue residue. I moved each joint a few times while the plastic was slightly bendable. I thought it was all fixed, but I am noticing now that my elder, is sticking a little still and I am noticing a lot of movement on his right elbow joint. I believe the problem is, the peg that goes from the ball joint up into the bicep is super thin, too thin to support an arm that size. The other problem is, we should not be seeing this peg, it should be up in the bicep, so all of this extra room it has, mixed with a thin-weak plastic peg, is what I believe to be the result of all the breakage... I have posed my elder and I guess I will keep him that way, but this is the only explanation I can think of

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

My elder has a little plastic piece sticking out from under his head in front of the neck. Like when they come off the assembly line. Anyone else notice this on theirs?

von

von

heads up guys. Series 3 is up on Figure of the Day. the pred hound is first in line

http://www.figureoftheday.com/

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Damn good price. People, nows ur chance to jump on series 3!

gtsp669

gtsp669

Quote from: brownieccad on Sep 09, 2011, 05:54:57 AM

What is this crap?

Well I Thought i had better luck with my second Elder, picked one up and didn't move it at all, it, along with a few other preds got dipped into a near boiling pot of water. Each fig, seemed to improve in their affected areas and joints. So it definitely works on stiff joints suffering from glue residue. I moved each joint a few times while the plastic was slightly bendable. I thought it was all fixed, but I am noticing now that my elder, is sticking a little still and I am noticing a lot of movement on his right elbow joint. I believe the problem is, the peg that goes from the ball joint up into the bicep is super thin, too thin to support an arm that size. The other problem is, we should not be seeing this peg, it should be up in the bicep, so all of this extra room it has, mixed with a thin-weak plastic peg, is what I believe to be the result of all the breakage... I have posed my elder and I guess I will keep him that way, but this is the only explanation I can think of

Im trying to get them exchanged, so if I get a second I'll try the boiling water thing.

About how long should they be dipped?

Taraka

Taraka

I went to Toys r Us with a few friends, and found a whole wall of Neca goodies. They only had the Hound left in series 3. I was about to walk out with the Hound, Freddy Krueger, and Robocop. But then I noticed, the hound was not only a buck more expensive, but there's alot of them. Then I noticed that something was a bit off on the robocop figure. Looked to me like the head sculpt (for once) wasn't as good as the Mcfarlane one. But I wanted to be sure first. So I only walked out with Krueger. Frankly, I LOVE this figure, even though the leg sculpt make me think he's about to start Moonwalking.

Anyway, I liked what I saw of the hound, except for 1 little thing. The quill's are too bunched up. It's the packaging though, not the figure. But it did kinda bug me.

brownieccad

brownieccad

Quote from: gtsp669 on Sep 10, 2011, 04:55:43 AM
Quote from: brownieccad on Sep 09, 2011, 05:54:57 AM

What is this crap?

Im trying to get them exchanged, so if I get a second I'll try the boiling water thing.

About how long should they be dipped?

Frankly, only a couple of seconds, since it was the first time having to do so, I dipped for a couple of seconds in really hot water. I don't know if it would be better to have a slightly lower temp and put in a little longer. I didn't have a way of checking the exact temp, but my guess is close to boiling, no bubbling in the water tho. It was just enough that the glue seamed to separate from the sticking joints, and the thin pegs of the joints warmed enough that they could bend a little bit, giving you more flex than straight off the card...

Hope that helps and good luck

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed