Started by BANE, Jul 31, 2010, 01:23:19 PM

Which would annihilate the other first?

Dutchs' team
15 (31.9%)
Alien Hive
32 (68.1%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author
Dutchs' Team vs. Alien Hive (Read 3,699 times)

BANE

BANE

QuoteDutch's team would've been slaughtered as they had no body armour
I must disagree with this, for the body armour really didn't do anything for Hicks...

QuoteAlso the minigun would be useless, not only is it too bulky to effectively move in such a cramped space but even if  it would be possible for the team to see the aliens the minigun would still probably not do much damage seeing as the Colonial Marines' explosive rounds bounced off of the aliens exoskeleton on more than one occasion.

Yeah, some of the rounds bounced off, but a lot more of them actually did damage. And with a weapon firing at 100 rounds per second, the likelihood of penetration is pretty damn good. Also, the cramped space is really quite relative: the marines didn't seem to be constrained by the space, even Vasquez and Drake with their smart guns, whose size is quite comparable (if not larger/longer) than a minigun. And with the amount of people being less in Dutchs' group (as has been pointed out by ScoobySnax before), there would be MORE room for Dutchs' team to maneouvre (including Blain and his minigun). If you intend to tell me that it is too bulky to move around quickly, Blain didn't seem to have any trouble doing that in the rebel camp.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Original Predator on Aug 02, 2010, 01:21:07 AM
Considering Preds are so much more advanced in every single way of an Alien and Dutch was able to kill one after he figured what it was and how it works, Dutch's team KNOWING their enemy would defeat it.

They would probably go through ton's of in-tell on the Aliens and go in prepared. 

A hive or a swarm of Aliens isn't wouldn't be victorious to Dutch and his squad.  I believe there would be casualties but the end game is a victory for Dutch and whoever on his squad is left standing.   
What intel? Ripley's incomplete report?

And Dutch's squad would still be outnumbered nearly 23 to 1, in a situation completely unlike what was seen in 'Predator'.

Not to mention that Predators and Aliens employ different tactics - Dutch being able to outwit one Predator (after the rest of his squad got killed, and even then he almost got killed anyway and barely survived by the skin of his teeth) doesn't mean he and his boys could take on 150+ Aliens and come out with a "victory".

I love Dutch and co as much as the next guy and they're all really cool dudes, but I seriously doubt anyone, no matter how well-armed and well-prepared, could get out of the hatchery without sustaining major casualties, let alone "win".

Heck, we could even put it to a little test. You all have seen 'Aliens', you know exactly what to expect. Give it a shot. That game even lets you select the placement of all your Marines, so you can put them all exactly where you want them and you have complete control over where they move and what they do.

See how many make it out alive. :)

SM

SM

Aliens in the second round.

BANE

BANE

That game is strange...sometimes 2 shots kills them, then 2 shots from the same distance and same guy doesn't kill them.  :'( All my marines were dead.

SM

SM

That'd be the random element from the original game that involved using a dice (from memory).

Leigh (CMTM) Brimmicombe Woode did an expansion for Alien.  It involved two squares representing the Narcissus.  Ripley starts on one.  Alien on the other.  A roll of 1-3 means Ripley shoots the Alien out the airlock, 4-6 means the Alien kills Ripley.

BANE

BANE

Very strange...and quite frustrating, to say the least.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Aug 02, 2010, 02:19:58 AM
That'd be the random element from the original game that involved using a dice (from memory).

Leigh (CMTM) Brimmicombe Woode did an expansion for Alien.  It involved two squares representing the Narcissus.  Ripley starts on one.  Alien on the other.  A roll of 1-3 means Ripley shoots the Alien out the airlock, 4-6 menas the Alien kills Ripley.
That's awesome and hilarious.

SM

SM

Quote from: BLAIN on Aug 02, 2010, 02:29:25 AM
Very strange...and quite frustrating, to say the least.

The ops level certainly is.

I managed to get Hicks, Dietrich, Frost and the 'Ski out of the reactor room.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I can beat the Newt rescue with just Ripley pretty consistently, and I can do alright in the reactor room, but I've never beaten Ops. The closest I came was Hudson getting grabbed 1 square from the exit. :(
Pulse rifle grenades are a huge liability, they're far more likely to kill your own team than any Aliens.

SM

SM

Think I've only played the Newt Rescue level on the actual board game.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Dutch's team vs. Alien hive?
I can tell you this would pretty much be a repeat of Aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed