Predator vs a Grizzly Bear (Wristblades only)

Started by Bloodee Jacob, Jul 24, 2010, 05:13:22 AM

Who wins?

Predator only equipped with Basic Wristblades
56 (82.4%)
a bloodthirsty Grizzly Bear
10 (14.7%)
They both die
2 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author
Predator vs a Grizzly Bear (Wristblades only) (Read 19,780 times)

Bloodee Jacob

Bloodee Jacob

A average Predator takes on a bloodthirsty Grizzly Bear with only Basic Wristblades to use. No other weapons/equipment including cloak and self destruct device. So who wins in this vicious brutal battle? I think the Predator will eventually kill the bear by stabbing his wristblades in its head possibly or after one to many hits. The Predator has to watch out and be fully aware though.

Sylizar

I'm assuming this was based off that comic?

Anyway, it's hard to say. When I first read the comic, I was like, "That's bulls***." But the more I think of that outcome, the more possible it seems. They're both pretty even in strength and speed. But in the end, I give it to the Predator.

#6.0

Pred.

PredalienXenomorph

Head uppercut with wristblades.

FUZION PREDATOR

Double head uppercut with wirstblades  ;)

Purebreedalien

I think that realistically the Predator would win, it has speed, agility and sharp cutting tools on its side, whereas the bear has strength, but is relatively slow but still hits hard. I think that the Predator would win just about, but he'd also sustain injuries.

FUZION PREDATOR

When Madass will shows up on this thread it will be +1 for the Grizzy (i'm just jocking  :D)

TheMonolith

Predator has the brains. Brains always win, unless he gets cocky and underestimates his prey.

FUZION PREDATOR

100% for the Predator "Yeah"
0%for the Grizzly  until now.

lets see how long the spree will be.

BANE

Depends on the size of the Grizzly bear, really. One of the largest grizzly's in the world was 10'6" when standing on its hind legs and weighed 1200 pounds. It took a 338 caliber shot to the brain, and yet still lived through 5 more shots to the chest before dying. If that thing got anywhere near the predator, his only hope would be a wrist blade shoved through the brain. If he didn't do that, the predator would probably be torn to pieces.

Also, Grizzly's are extremely fast. They can run at 30 mph.

I'll let you guys make up your own decision.

Bloodee Jacob

Quote from: AintGotTime2Bleed on Jul 24, 2010, 03:38:41 PM
Depends on the size of the Grizzly bear, really. One of the largest grizzly's in the world was 10'6" when standing on its hind legs and weighed 1200 pounds. It took a 338 caliber shot to the brain, and yet still lived through 5 more shots to the chest before dying. If that thing got anywhere near the predator, his only hope would be a wrist blade shoved through the brain. If he didn't do that, the predator would probably be torn to pieces.

The Grizzily Bear in the thread is an average size Grizzly Bear but is completely bloodthirsty and nothing crosses it's mind then to kill the Yautja in my scenario.

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: AintGotTime2Bleed on Jul 24, 2010, 03:38:41 PM

Are you realy :o really :o really :o sure of that.
Are you sure that the 338 lapua Magnum shot in the brain wasn't the last shot. (or the bullet just hit his face but not i cephalic area)
Because if that's not the case ,then this bear is overnatural even more resilient than a xeno. Nothing on the world can survive to a 338LP in the brain (elephant hippo, orca, whales ....)

BANE

BANE

This was in the analysis of an urban legend. It was a 338 caliber winchester magnum. I quote:

QuoteNot quite a world record

In real life, the big grizzly in the first two photographs measured 10' 6" from nose to tail and weighed an estimated 1,000 to 1,200 pounds - unusually large for the vicinity in which it was found, says the USDA Forest Service, but not quite a world record, nor even a record for Alaska. It was killed on October 14, 2001 by U.S. Air Force Airman Theodore Winnen on Hinchinbrook Island, Prince William Sound. The photos were taken by his hunting partner, Staff Sgt. James Urban. Both were stationed at Eielson Air Force Base near Fairbanks at the time.

Though the bear was within 10 yards of the hunters' position and moving towards them when he fired the first shot, Winnen says, it did not charge them, contrary to what the email claims. "I don't know if the wind was in our favor or what," he told the Anchorage Daily News. "We were dressed in camouflage. He might not have seen us." Winnen's weapon was a 338-caliber Winchester Magnum, not a 7mm semi-automatic as alleged. The first bullet pierced the bear's brain but left it standing; five more in the chest brought it down.

Here is the link:
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl-grizzlybear5.htm

This was an absolutely massive bear.

Now, if it was a regular grizzly, then most definitely not. But that grizzly would give the predator FAR more of a challenge.

MadassAlex

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Jul 24, 2010, 03:18:09 PM
When Madass will shows up on this thread it will be +1 for the Grizzy (i'm just jocking  :D)

:P

Fun fact: I was one of the first voters for the poll, voting Predator.

If a Predator has potential to defeat an Alien in hand-to-hand combat, then it can sure as hell make short work of a grizzly.

BANE

BANE

I dislike how everyone puts the alien on a pedestal. Its not really that deadly. It has acid blood, sure, but without that a grizzly would absolutely destroy an alien.

EDIT: and now the fighting starts.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed