What's next for the Predator franchise?

Started by von, Jul 09, 2010, 01:25:32 PM

Author
What's next for the Predator franchise? (Read 13,377 times)

CEP

Quote from: Scree on Jul 11, 2010, 10:42:09 PM
Quote from: Axlotl on Jul 11, 2010, 10:29:58 PM
Quote from: Scree on Jul 11, 2010, 03:51:40 PM
I want AVP 3 and female Predators. It's about time.

Who says that the ones we've seen are male?

Or that all the Predators we've seen are even all the same sex?

Or that they are asexual?

Or that they aren't hermaphrodites?

Or that they can't choose to be male or female at any given moment?

Or that they don't have 3 sexes?

Man, screw that scientific mumbo jumbo. This ain't National Geographic. I wanna see Predators with boobs big asses. Heh.

You're sick. Period.

BlackMatter169

The concept of the hunting planets really opens up a plethora of ideas. I liked how the Super Preds hunt the classic ones, they could really do something cool with that. However, I really want to see what happens to Royce and Isabelle.

Hybrid PM

I think I would want to see the next one take place on earth for about 75% of the movie then the last part to take place on the Predator homeworld. I don't want a whole movie devoted to the P Planet because I want certain things left a mystery. I think it could work like that.

Aurelian

The question I want to have answered is why the Predators look so much like human beings. Yes, there are plenty of attributes like the mandibles and green blood that definitely set them apart from us, but I honestly don't think there are that many planets where the inhabitants have two arms, two legs, one head, hair, and (I think) ten fingers. They seem to do just fine surviving in our atmosphere; no problems at all with the air pressure, and as we learned from Predator 2, they like to eat beef too. All of this seems like too much to be a coincidence, even though it happens to plenty of sci-fi movies that try to brush it off.

Lar'ja Thwei

Quote from: Aurelian on Jul 12, 2010, 04:55:33 AM
The question I want to have answered is why the Predators look so much like human beings. Yes, there are plenty of attributes like the mandibles and green blood that definitely set them apart from us, but I honestly don't think there are that many planets where the inhabitants have two arms, two legs, one head, hair, and (I think) ten fingers. They seem to do just fine surviving in our atmosphere; no problems at all with the air pressure, and as we learned from Predator 2, they like to eat beef too. All of this seems like too much to be a coincidence, even though it happens to plenty of sci-fi movies that try to brush it off.
Thats the thing. It's Science Fiction.

Ite

If this makes enough we will definately see a sequel. Maybe have them get off the planet somehow.

The Demon

I would like to see the story move on. Maybe somewhere have a reference or mentioning of what happen to Royce and Isabelle but do what Predator 2 did and move on and keep it fresh. That's how you make a great sequel. Notice the pattern in these films?

Aurelian

Quote from: Lar'ja Thwei on Jul 12, 2010, 04:57:02 AM
Quote from: Aurelian on Jul 12, 2010, 04:55:33 AM
Thats the thing. It's Science Fiction.

I know it's science fiction, but I think the similarities between Predators and humans leave some interesting possibilities open to future films.

i think the ending of Ps
Spoiler
leaves it totally open for a sequel where Royce and Isabelle sort of get everyone working together, making an army to go against the next set of predators.
[close]

XenoVC

Quote from: Spaghetti on Jul 10, 2010, 05:45:26 PM
South China Sea adaptation.

That is all.

Gate

Quote from: Hybrid PM on Jul 12, 2010, 04:47:30 AM
I think I would want to see the next one take place on earth for about 75% of the movie then the last part to take place on the Predator homeworld. I don't want a whole movie devoted to the P Planet because I want certain things left a mystery. I think it could work like that.
If that were to happen, I suppose AvP:R's canon would be over-written.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed