What part of the special forces do you think Royce was from ?

Started by Spider One, Jul 03, 2010, 05:02:18 PM

Author
What part of the special forces do you think Royce was from ? (Read 4,850 times)

Spider One

before becoming a mercenary, which branch of the U.S. Special Forces do you think he was apart of ? Airborne, Delta Force, SEAL, Force Recon ?

Captain Salt

Nimrod said in the interview that he cleaned the latrines on Coast Guard ships.

Xenodog

Nothing better than an AA-12 for toilet cleaning.  ;D

Spider One

"Clean Latrine" Royce, now there is a name that strikes fear into everyone.

PHANTOM

Quote from: Spider One on Jul 03, 2010, 05:02:18 PM
before becoming a mercenary, which branch of the U.S. Special Forces do you think he was apart of ? Airborne, Delta Force, SEAL, Force Recon ?

It doesn't really matter, if he was in special forces he's trained the same as all those units above.

coolbreeze

Special Forces = Green Berets

That being said I don't think he will be an ex-SEAL because we already had SEALs mentioned in the prequel comic. Maybe an ex-Ranger, action movies seem to love the Ranger angle.

Captain Salt

Joking aside, I'd be cool if they mention this in the film...wonder if he was "Black Ops" as well, although with Isabelle there that may get redundant.

Hive Tyrant

Is it even established he was ever in any branch of the military to begin with?

coolbreeze

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Jul 03, 2010, 05:30:50 PM
Is it even established he was ever in any branch of the military to begin with?

I think the Chinese  promo vid where they show all the characters had something about Royce being ex military.

Captain Salt

Also in the Royce video on the official website Rodriguez states he's ex-military: "They trained him as a killer, and now he's here"...

Master

He is from Ass Force 6 ;D

dallevalle

Well it dosent really matter where he is from but as long as he kicks ass and from the clips then he sure is :)

Aran

Quote from: PHANTOM on Jul 03, 2010, 05:21:25 PM
Quote from: Spider One on Jul 03, 2010, 05:02:18 PM

It doesn't really matter, if he was in special forces he's trained the same as all those units above.

You got it wrong there my good man. Both Delta & Navy SEAL 6 are Tier 1 operators while Spec Forces aka Green Berets are Tier 2 operators. Therefore Delta & SEAL are the best trained amongst the elites.

Dark Jester

so let me get this straight, GREEN BERRET is the "umbrella" term for Delta, Navy Seal etc?

So all US special forces are classified GREEN BERRET?

coolbreeze

Quote from: Dark Jester on Jul 04, 2010, 03:13:31 PM

so let me get this straight, GREEN BERRET is the "umbrella" term for Delta, Navy Seal etc?

So all US special forces are classified GREEN BERRET?

No, Delta and SEALs like you mentioned are Special Operations.

Special Forces are Green Berets. The term Green Berets is like a nickname.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed