Where the Jockeys come from - we will see it?

Started by Xenoscream, Jun 16, 2010, 10:57:00 AM

Author
Where the Jockeys come from - we will see it? (Read 2,260 times)

Xenoscream

Ridley: Says prequel will explore where the 'space jockey' came from and then maybe even where those aliens came from, and so on

So do you think we will be taking a trip to the Jockey homeworld, or simply getting some on screen explaination.

Personally I have mixed feelings either way, I hope some mystery is retained, but it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

cmc

yes i'm pretty sure we will see it, hopefully giger will create it, if he's on board, then and only then will we know roughly what to expect, also from ridleys quote, it suggests that the aliens were not created by the space jockeys but come from somewere different altogether!

Xenoscream

Hm I missed that bit... what makes you think they are not created by the Jockeys?

Having Giger on board in my opinion is the only way to create something complete Alien (or Jockey like)

cmc

Ridley: Says prequel will explore where the 'space jockey' came from and then maybe even where those aliens came from

He has never mentioned them being created by the SJ's, that theory was made up by fans using their imagination, ridley i would say knows this so would want to do something different, if he's going to blow the lid on were the jockeys come from, them maybe he wants to keep the aliens origins a mystery, for now at least.

Jody=Geek

Jody=Geek

Yes. I don't know if the movie will be more about aliens or the space jockeys. The film makers should show the aliens home planet, if not both the alien and the pilots home planets. We need to see the alien home planet for sure. We've seen the predator's home planet in alien vs predator: requiem and predators. Now we need aliens home planet. The space jockeys brought the alien eggs to  LV-426. Either by accident or from a battle with the aliens. The pilots and the aliens are long time enemies. Just like the aliens and predators are enemies. The pilots are the enemies of predators as well, according to the avp comics by frank miller. There is other aliens in predators (the movie) besides predators. That tells you that they're other aliens on different planets besides the known alien, predator and space jockeys. Until seen or read, we won't know who's the enemy of who. A chestburster came out of the space jockey. The space jockey is not the alien. The space jockey is the alien's suit. The alien is inside of the space jockey (pilot). Alien 5 will be very interesting. I read that ridley scott might direct two alien prequels (awesome).  I hope ridley scott directs the movies.

Gate

I would want the world to be barren and dead. Something as creepy as the Jockey's suit itself.

Ballzanya

I take it that we might see the jockey's homeworld(which may or may not also be the aliens homeworld) but that the jockey ship will leave there and land somewhere else for the majority of the film.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Jody=Geek on Jul 12, 2010, 09:46:57 AM
We've seen the predator's home planet in alien vs predator: requiem and predators.

Not in Predators, no.

I dont think its nessacary to see their point of origin, honestly. Maybe we could get close, or an idea of what its like, but I see no reason to destroy that final haven of mystery. Perhaps we could even, in getting the hint, open up many more questions? I'd much prefer that.

Jody=Geek

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 12, 2010, 07:50:18 PM
Quote from: Jody=Geek on Jul 12, 2010, 09:46:57 AM
We've seen the predator's home planet in alien vs predator: requiem and predators.

Not in Predators, no.

I dont think its nessacary to see their point of origin, honestly. Maybe we could get close, or an idea of what its like, but I see no reason to destroy that final haven of mystery. Perhaps we could even, in getting the hint, open up many more questions? I'd much prefer that.
Your right. My mistake. I saw predators, and thought it was great. I got confused there, because of the predators home world scenes in AVPR alien vs. predator: requiem. It wasn't the predator's home world in predators. It was another home world (or planet). Thank you for letting me know. I think it's very necessary to show the alien's home planet in the two potential prequels. It might be more about the space jockeys. It would be great to see their home world. Fans are eager to see it. With two prequels in the works, this is a great opportunity to reveal the secrets of their world.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

We neither have proof that the planet in AvPR is the homeworld. It might just be a colony planet.

Gate

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 18, 2010, 11:12:00 AM
We neither have proof that the planet in AvPR is the homeworld. It might just be a colony planet.
Why would the Predators have a colony world with such a nomad society? Actually, your theory isn't too far off from my own. What if the clans have their own planetary headquarters, just like they have planetary Game preserves?

Anyways, that's off-topic. The Jockeys have been brought up to be menacing, ugly, and powerful... So I'd assume their world is just as bad.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed