Pencil and Paper

Started by SpaceMarines, Jun 09, 2010, 03:39:33 AM

Author
Pencil and Paper (Read 34,304 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 27, 2011, 08:47:16 PM
Worry not, for it does not interrupt the flow of sex.

Spoiler
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Spoiler
[close]

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Spoiler
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Spoiler
[Black man with downward gaze]
[close]

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

A tribute to a great man, and one of my personal heroes; Roméo Dallaire.

Spoiler
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 28, 2011, 06:18:15 AM

Spoiler
[close]
...Bloody amazing. Seriously, fantastic work... up there with the dropship and the Noir picture.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Dat Chin hole

AMAZING work man. you have a great sense of space to draw from eye so accurately. and the shading? f**kin' top notch.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 28, 2011, 06:18:15 AM

Spoiler
[close]

I don't even have words to describe how awesome that is! He is a personal hero of mine too.  :)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 28, 2011, 06:35:29 AM
...Bloody amazing. Seriously, fantastic work... up there with the dropship and the Noir picture.

I was going for something with Dropship-levels of detail. Thanks.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jul 28, 2011, 06:36:10 AM
Dat Chin hole

AMAZING work man. you have a great sense of space to draw from eye so accurately. and the shading? f**kin' top notch.

Yeah, when doing these time-consuming pieces, the shading is where most of it comes from.

I'm not drawing completely from eye, though. I draw guidelines across the photograph and the paper I'm drawing on. Really helps keep things in proportion.

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 28, 2011, 06:37:47 AM
I don't even have words to describe how awesome that is! He is a personal hero of mine too.  :)

I can proudly say I had the honour of meeting him once.

Have you read his book?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 28, 2011, 06:39:44 AM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 28, 2011, 06:35:29 AM

I was going for something with Dropship-levels of detail. Thanks.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jul 28, 2011, 06:36:10 AM
Dat Chin hole

Yeah, when doing these time-consuming pieces, the shading is where most of it comes from.

I'm not drawing completely from eye, though. I draw guidelines across the photograph and the paper I'm drawing on. Really helps keep things in proportion.

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 28, 2011, 06:37:47 AM

I can proudly say I had the honour of meeting him once.

Have you read his book?
I'd love to meet him, lucky!

No, I'm not much a reader though I'm very capable, but I have read a book related to a few of his experiences. Shattered by Eric Walters, it covers homelessness and the Rawanda Genocide. Though not much a reader it's been on my mind to purchase and read both his books "Shake Hands with the Devil" and "They Fight Like Soldiers, They Die Like Children".

I did a project on him once and it was really awesome to see him help with the flag at the 2010 Winter Olympics (on T.V of course).

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Hey, I did a project on him too! That's why I got to meet him. Signed my copy of Shake Hands With the Devil. I highly recommend that one. It's not easy reading, though. Few books are as crushing and sad as that one. I cried a few times while reading it.

Didn't know he had a second book. Should pick that up sometime.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Oh, wow, two new, amazing works! Both are great, in their own ways.
The first I like very much, it's simple and clear, like poster from movie. Even if he is a bit out of proportions, it doesn't disturb. The whole work is very stylish and I love colours you use. :)
The second - well, welcome back, pencil-man. :D It's amazing drawing, great shadowing, 3D mood, honestly everything is great there. In one word - perfection. :)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Thanks, key. Glad you like the Bond one. :)

Perfection? Can praise get any higher?

I can't say how much I appreciate this. Feels great when my work is seen and loved. :)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 28, 2011, 06:59:12 AM
Hey, I did a project on him too! That's why I got to meet him. Signed my copy of Shake Hands With the Devil. I highly recommend that one. It's not easy reading, though. Few books are as crushing and sad as that one. I cried a few times while reading it.

Didn't know he had a second book. Should pick that up sometime.
I didn't know either, it was published the October of last year.

There is a video on it.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/video/romeo-dallaire-on-his-new-book/article1773883/?from=1787085

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed