How would you react to a Teen rated AVP game?

Started by Rebel-Blood, Jun 09, 2010, 03:02:26 AM

Thoughts on a Teen rating.

Angry.
6 (15.4%)
Dissapointed.
12 (30.8%)
As long as gameplay is good, won't matter.
21 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author
How would you react to a Teen rated AVP game? (Read 6,324 times)

Puks

Killing people in various gruesome ways is what aliens and predators do.

Brother

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Jun 09, 2010, 11:34:09 PM
Quote from: x-M-x on Jun 09, 2010, 04:50:19 PM
see? an AVP game with out any of that is just SHIT lol

Just because you get off on other people pain and suffering doesn't mean the rest of us do. Frankly, your posts in this thread aren't painting a particularly appealing picture of you as a human being.

It's what people expect from these types of games, and from the monsters. You are a huge AvP fan, you really believe the game will succeed with no gore? I can't even imagine how it would look like.

x-M-x

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Jun 09, 2010, 11:34:09 PM
Quote from: x-M-x on Jun 09, 2010, 04:50:19 PM
see? an AVP game with out any of that is just SHIT lol

Just because you get off on other people pain and suffering doesn't mean the rest of us do. Frankly, your posts in this thread aren't painting a particularly appealing picture of you as a human being.

Then you obviously don't know me well do you...??

kids....   :P

Quote from: Puks on Jun 09, 2010, 11:37:00 PM

Exactly

Quote from: Brother on Jun 09, 2010, 11:41:46 PM
It's what people expect from these types of games, and from the monsters. You are a huge AvP fan, you really believe the game will succeed with no gore? I can't even imagine how it would look like.

And exactamundo!!!!

8)

EEV-2501

The Alien/Predator/AvP universe is for adults. A Teen Rated game like those Teen Rated shitty movies that are AvP and AvP-R ? No way ! >:(

Mr. Domino

Quote from: Puks on Jun 09, 2010, 11:37:00 PM

Absolutely. Not arguing with that at all.

Quote from: Brother on Jun 09, 2010, 11:41:46 PM

I absolutely think it could. Alien is a violent, horrific movie, but there's very little gore. You've got the kitchen scene, but that's there to get across the point of how terrible this creature is, and from then on, the terror is more in what you don't see, or don't get a good look at, than what you do see. That's true horror filmmaking, not seeing how much red paint per frame you can fit into a damn movie. Aliens has even less gore, and is still a great film. You make this case for how everything Aliens should be gory, and yet the two films nigh-universally regarded the best have the least onscreen gore in them. Even AVP, people like to hate it simply because of the PG-13 rating, but the thing is, its every bit as violent as all the other movies, it just doesn't feel the need to display all of its violence proudly on the screen. There's no need for that. The shower scene in Psycho is still one of the most terrifying murder sequences in cinema, and yet it does so without a single sight of a plunging knife, or a bare breast.

Brother

All that is true, but that's just the movies. They managed to display the creature like they wanted with less gore but we still got the idea of it like a creature that kills everything in it's way and it doesn't do it in a nice way. There is always blood, brains and asses flying around.

In a game you have to SEE it. You are the alien, you kill stuff, it bleeds. You don't just thump someone on the head and he drops dead. Or even if you are just playing the colonial marine, you have to see the burster coming out, alien impales your team mates with his tail, it's what the game is about. People expect it to be bloody and it's safe to say that some like it.

Mr. Domino

Well, actually, no you don't have to see it. People seemed to react rather well to the Jaguar AVP. Or maybe that was just my imagination.

What this all boils down to is some people like seeing brains splatter against a wall, and some don't, and both sides hate each other for it. I personally feel that the emphasis on sensationalism and violence in our art is one of the signals of the decline and fall of our civilization, just as it was for the Romans.

Brother

You are taking it too far, the topic about why people like the violence and what's it leading to is for another discussion.

In an AvP game (AvP, not all games), gore is very important. Look at the new game, one of the most popular aspects of it are the Stealth and Trophy kills. A game without it would simply not sale, or would get poor reviews.

x-M-x

Quote from: Brother on Jun 10, 2010, 03:17:46 PM
You are taking it too far, the topic about why people like the violence and what's it leading to is for another discussion.

In an AvP game (AvP, not all games), gore is very important. Look at the new game, one of the most popular aspects of it are the Stealth and Trophy kills. A game without it would simply not sale, or would get poor reviews.

Brother, its that time again !

Mr. Domino needs his medal LoL  :P

Tangakkai

Gameplay before gore in any case.

With AvP 2010 they went into the opposite direction I guess  :-[

predxeno

I think an AVP game should have gore, it is a monster-horror franchise after all.  But, there already are teen-rated AVP games out there.  They're called AVPR The Game for PSP and AVP Extinction.

Puks

One thing - how the f**k are you going to make a head bite without blood & brains when playing as the alien?

With a large black "CENSORED" sign?

Brother

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: Puks on Jun 10, 2010, 07:15:53 PM
One thing - how the f**k are you going to make a head bite without blood & brains when playing as the alien?

If I remember correctly, they can make the head disappear like AvP2.

x-M-x

Quote from: PredalienXenomorph on Jun 10, 2010, 09:00:50 PM
Quote from: Puks on Jun 10, 2010, 07:15:53 PM

If I remember correctly, they can make the head disappear like AvP2.

And if i remember correctly... you can see a head blow up blood brains everywhere etc on avp2

all bodies "disappear" in most games its normal just like the new AVP 2010 lol...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed