Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 404,957 times)

[Alpha]Frost

I love roast dinner, with chicken, turkey or roast beef but I HATE lamb... it's so chewy and fatty... ugh i find it disgusting... the taste of it makes me want to throw up as well

The PredBen

Carnival games/fair games ... They're rigged!

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: The PredBen on Aug 22, 2010, 04:34:21 PM

Yet so many fall too the scam.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: PredalienXenomorph on Aug 23, 2010, 12:14:55 AM
Quote from: The PredBen on Aug 22, 2010, 04:34:21 PM

Yet so many fall too the scam.
Most people play them for fun,

Space Sweeper

People that judge the reinvisioned Battlestar Galactica based solely on it's name/origin.

MrBrokenTusks.

Didnt the new one get better reviews? That itself should stop the judging?

Space Sweeper

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Aug 23, 2010, 12:23:41 AM
Didnt the new one get better reviews?
Hell yes.

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Aug 23, 2010, 12:23:41 AM
That itself should stop the judging?
Hell no.

Deathbearer

Personally I thought the new Battlestar Galactica was trying way too hard to be thought provoking and all political. I didn't enjoy it.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Deathbearer on Aug 23, 2010, 03:34:41 AM
Personally I thought the new Battlestar Galactica was trying way too hard to be thought provoking and all political. I didn't enjoy it.
You have to suspend your mind from thinking it is a completely sci-fi show. What political and thought provoking is simply what it is, not trying hard to be. The only reason one would think that it is trying hard to be both of those things (much more the political side on that matter) is because it is essentially still sci-fi. Without the political aspect, the show would lose a large part of what it is, and really, aren't most of the great Science Fiction pieces thought provoking? All part of what makes this show what it is- truly epic.

Deathbearer

I just didn't like it. I never did get my head around the whole "human looking cylon" thing, nor how there were half cylons, and the characters that were cylons but everyone thought were human and they somehow managed to not get noticed even though you'd think they'd have DNA testing or something. Just shit like that ruined it. Not to mention it kept on playing as Baltar as crazy but oh wait he's not crazy but he wound up being useless anyway in the end. And Starbuck being a lady and she shot someone in the leg and they just kind of let that shit slide from what I remember. The "pro-life vs pro-choice" episode was unnecessary filler..I just did not like that show. Maybe it's because I enjoyed the original.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Deathbearer on Aug 23, 2010, 03:54:15 AM
Maybe it's because I enjoyed the original.
There you go.

Also, you must not have watched the entire series or didn't pay the slightest bit of attention, because all of the questions you brought up were answered over it's run.

Spoiler
And that wasn't Starbuck who shot Gaeta's leg, that was Anders while trying to defend Starbuck in a hostile situation.
[close]

Also, the pro-life/pro-choice thing was only a small part of the episode you are refferring to. And really, it was more relevant in their situation that it is at the current moment in the modern day!

And Baltar useless in the end?

urban_predator83

technology

Deathbearer

Yes, because even though he got everyone to calm the f**k down it didn't matter because the guy flipped out when the found out the Indian cylon killed his wife and they wound up breaking their deal with the cylons anyway and went to Earth. Such a contribution. Gaius was little more than a tool.

Space Sweeper

Can't disagree with you more.

You should probably put a spoiler tag on that whole thing too, there are people that are starting to get into the series around the site, and that would be horrible for them to have anything spoiled.

EEV2650

EEV2650

Quote from: [Alpha]Frost on Aug 21, 2010, 12:30:33 AM
I hate people who are so arrogant they assume everyone wants to listen to their music and blast it out on trains and buses. Does anyone else find it ironic these people always listen to shit music? Like Chupacabras said, get some bloody headphones!

I hate people who wear fake tan and look orange. Do they know how f**king stupid they look? lmao... This is one thing I will NEVER understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X9OdvjVfD8

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed