Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 403,227 times)

PVTDukeMorrison

Well. I'm done with this thread for a while.

Darwinsgirl

people texting while driving.... >:(

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Mar 15, 2013, 12:16:27 AM

SO MUCH f**kING THIS!

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: Cal427eb on Mar 15, 2013, 12:16:59 AM

SO MUCH f**kING THIS!

I hate it when you are in the passanger seat and they do it. I never know what to say other then "WTF are you doing??" but most the time that would only be ignored or cause problems. >:( f**king people...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I stand guilty as charged. I do my best to only do it when I'm stopped at a light.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 15, 2013, 12:56:33 AM

I stand guilty as charged. I do my best to only do it when I'm stopped at a light.
I only do that if I'm at the back of the line at a light. I hate it when it people do it when they're actually moving or they're not paying attention and holding up traffic.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Now that it's been brought up, what I hate are meaningless laws like the ones that issue fines for using a device while driving. It's not as if that's the only way to distract a driver...

Nightmare Asylum

But they are a way to distract the driver, and a very avoidable one.

I never text while driving, and only a few times have I picked up the phone to answer a call.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 15, 2013, 01:18:13 AM
Now that it's been brought up, what I hate are meaningless laws like the ones that issue fines for using a device while driving. It's not as if that's the only way to distract a driver...
Exactly, looking over at your friends that are in your car, or adjusting your radio can be distracting as well, but as far as I know there isn't any laws or fines for that kind of stuff. It can just as dangerous.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 15, 2013, 01:19:39 AM
But they are a way to distract the driver, and a very avoidable one.

I never text while driving, and only a few times have I picked up the phone to answer a call.

So is speaking to someone else in the car with you, eating, or using the radio. Like Cal said, there are no penalties for those.

SM

SM

Maybe because those are not nearly as distracting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHQHcLWQewA#ws

...meaningless...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You sure about that?

SM

SM

Yes.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Really? So someone cannot be distracted by fumbling about grabbing a piece of food in the passenger seat or, heaven forbid, choking on said food? Or getting into an argument with the person sitting next to them, just like you would over a phone? Or fiddling with the radio, looking for your favourite station? Or adjusting the volume? Or looking for that next song to play with a music player?

Nightmare Asylum

Yes, those are all potential distractions, and if at all possible it would be best to avoid all of them while driving.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed