Do u think u guys will always collect

Started by Billiken, May 23, 2010, 12:13:44 AM

Author
Do u think u guys will always collect (Read 3,757 times)

Mr. Weyland

I have come to a pause with my collecting, I don't care about the money I have spent, because that can come back, but, it's mainly the space, I have totally ran out, also, I wonder how the hell I'm going to move this stuff when I eventually move house.

I even thought about selling them at one point, but thought I have spent to many hours and night on here and searching the internet on research and purchases to get rid of it all.

ArielAleXCo

Ive been told that you stop collecting as soon as you have children.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Sabres21768 on May 24, 2010, 08:58:29 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 24, 2010, 06:51:24 PM
I have yet to start.... :-\ I plan to get the Revoltech Giger Alien as my first ever figure.

That's a good start dude.

It's really a great little figure.

He looks like he just found out his home has been taken away by the mortgage company...

Also I might as well keep collecting I have nothing better to do...

Billiken

Quote from: Mr. Weyland on Jun 16, 2010, 12:03:18 AM
I have come to a pause with my collecting, I don't care about the money I have spent, because that can come back, but, it's mainly the space, I have totally ran out, also, I wonder how the hell I'm going to move this stuff when I eventually move house.

I even thought about selling them at one point, but thought I have spent to many hours and night on here and searching the internet on research and purchases to get rid of it all.
I know what you mean. I will never get rid of my stuff I have spent too much time on the net getting it. I am going to take it to my grave. even if A girlfriend hates it, my Predator Models can occupy the bed before she does.I am too running out of room. I think I might need to build some more cupbaords

TheMonolith

Yeah. I will always collect memorabilia. I hope one day i will be able to afford the life sized stuff, but that will not be any time soon.

Sabres21768

Quote from: ArielAleXCo on Jun 16, 2010, 06:04:39 AM
Ive been told that you stop collecting as soon as you have children.

Nope.

I've got 3 kids and am trying for another.

Private Hudson

I will probably stop collecting next year :'(

I don't think Camp Pendleton bedrooms would even be large enough for my collection, unless I get married and the Marines give me a house....Then I might just move the little guys back in. ;D

dallevalle

Quote from: Private Hudson on Jun 18, 2010, 07:06:51 AM

I don't think Camp Pendleton bedrooms would even be large enough for my collection, unless I get married and the Marines give me a house....Then I might just move the little guys back in. ;D

Dont get married xD !! if you do that she will take half of your collection afterwards when its over ^^ XD

Predator Queen

Thats a good idea!

Jace Madan

Yeah, I'm sure I will always collect. I've spent hundreds of dollars on the old McFarlane stuff, and thousands of dollars on the NECA stuff (with more to be spent with the new Predator figures). With Alien and Predator stuff, money is no object for me, I don't smoke, don't drink and aside from the occasional video game purchase I don't really have any expensive vices to speak of, so I'll always have that extra $20 for "just one more figure..."

Well, okay maybe two.

Or three.

My wife always says "When you get old, you can pass down all of your figures to our kids."

And I say: "Woman, these things are gettin' buried with me!"

(Actually, when I do leave them behind for my future children they could probably make a small fortune selling off just the doubles....)

Private Hudson

Quote from: dallevalle on Jun 18, 2010, 09:11:17 AM
Quote from: Private Hudson on Jun 18, 2010, 07:06:51 AM

Dont get married xD !! if you do that she will take half of your collection afterwards when its over ^^ XD

Never!! I'll hide them  ;D

No one will ever find them!

#6.0

#6.0

Always.

WolfPredator89

i have been always collecting things so yeah...

Wind923

haha.. sorry for bringing back an old thread. I'm new to the forum but have been a lurker here for years as i'm a huge fan relating to anything Alien..  or Predator..

When younger I was actually never much of a collector of toys cause of the lack of money... but then I discovered Mcfarlane rather late.... like a few years after he released some perdator figures.. and the alien warrior figure.... and got completely sucked in. spent months trying to track these prdator and alien figures that were released years ago and managed to find them for regular retail prices.. lol... then started collecting sports figures and the occasional robocop and street fighter stuff.. haha..

My collecting normally  goes on and off.... i stop for a while then suddenly the urge comes when a buddy sends me a pic.. then i realized i missed so many releases and start frantically looking.... it wasn't until a couple months ago that I found out Neca released an original Alien... and the Alien Warriors... LOL....... and i spent the last few months trying to find both of them...... actually lucked out and managed to find one or iginal Alien.. and both of the colors for the Alien Warrior figures all for retail price lately! =D but it tooks months of looking. hahaha

Just picked up the new predators series 1 set too.... just when I thought i stopped collecting..... Neca appears and sucks me back in.. LOL.. Revoltech too.. with their new alien lines.. =p

So yeah... i'd have to say i might be collecting a lot on and off for like forever... not like i waste a LOT of money elsewhere... so i'm ok. Plus i really love these new Neca stuff.. Mcfarlane got me started in this whole collecting thing... but Neca really brings it to another level imo.

Nope

Nope

Now that this threads ressurected.
Id like to collect more, but not alot of money to spend.
The only thing i have is my Neca Aliens figure.
Have it right next to my Jack Torrence portrait.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed