Why December?

Started by ian36015, Jan 11, 2007, 02:37:51 AM

Author
Why December? (Read 6,314 times)

ian36015

ian36015

Ok well filming ended last month and i sapose jan-feb will be the CGI stuff. But why december? It seems alittle to long dont ya think. The original release date said Augest 07, that sounds more realistic. hypathitcly the film should be done may/ june area, so why wait 7 more months?

SonOfTheDark

SonOfTheDark

Well, I guess post-production will take a couple of months. It's not a bad sign if they really want to take their time with the movie to make it as good as possible. Of course, it could be just marketing reasons as well...

XxSaNdMaNxX

XxSaNdMaNxX

yea im not to crazy about this december release kinda sucks, not that many ppl go to the movies on those seasons BUT ill be there  ;D

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Because it's cool.  :D

Darkness

Darkness

Fox moved it to December to avoid going up against Rush Hour 3. I think there were other reasons but that's the main one. It's still subject to change.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Lol shows how much confidence Fox has.  ::) I wouldn't have seen Rush Hour as any real competition - and I like the films.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 11, 2007, 10:56:18 AM
Lol shows how much confidence Fox has.  ::) I wouldn't have seen Rush Hour as any real competition - and I like the films.

I agree, but I suppose in that line of business, its better to be on the safe side.

SonOfTheDark

SonOfTheDark

And they have more time to optimize the movie in terms of editing and stuff...

Darkness

Darkness

I really don't think there's any need for such a long post-production though. And December? Not many people would go to watch a horror film in December.

QuoteLol shows how much confidence Fox has.   I wouldn't have seen Rush Hour as any real competition - and I like the films.

Only seen the first one and didn't like it all.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I bet it's just to give the brothers time to complete the editing properly. Remember, Anderson was working on his editing for a day or so before the premiere.

Darkness

Darkness

I heard that too. Wasn't sure if it was true or not.

Trioxide

Trioxide

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 11, 2007, 11:02:00 PM
I heard that too. Wasn't sure if it was true or not.

It was indeed true. --> There was an interview with Lance Henriksen just days before the premiere and he said that Paul Anderson "is a perfectionist"... well......we all know how that turned out, now don't we?  >:(

ian36015

ian36015

lol wow. But know that I think of it I want them to take as long as they want, so that they can make it perfect

Darkness

Darkness

QuoteIt was indeed true. --> There was an interview with Lance Henriksen just days before the premiere and he said that Paul Anderson "is a perfectionist"... well......we all know how that turned out, now don't we? 

Well, yeah I remember that. I reported it but Fox cancelled the press screenings right before the premiere. Some said this was because editing was still being done but the thing is, they submitted the finished film to the MPAA a couple of weeks before. They wouldn't have been able to change it after that.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Meh. I always thought that was down to they knew it would get slayed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed