'Space Jockeys' according to the Alien 1979 novel

Started by Mr. Weyland, May 19, 2010, 01:36:21 PM

Author
'Space Jockeys' according to the Alien 1979 novel (Read 5,157 times)

PredalienXenomorph

I have noooo idea...... ;)

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Does it mention any acid damage to the ship when the Alien rips it's arm off?
You would think that would be quite a spill.

SM

Causes a hull breach when it eats through one of the airlock doors, thus exposing Ripley and Parker to decompression.

Kimarhi

Didn't the dead jockey itself (chest bursted jockey) get no mention in the novel?

Haven't read it in awhile.

Its been mentioned by the crew that despite its odd appearance the cast and crew felt the Jockey would've been a benevolent creature had it actually existed.  They didn't mention the creep factor being a problem at all, like it was with the Alien suit.  Of course, that might've had something to do with Scott having Bobajo follow them around.

SM

QuoteDidn't the dead jockey itself (chest bursted jockey) get no mention in the novel?

Yep.

They did however find an open empty egg from memory.

PredalienXenomorph

It also makes the Alien look weak by having it look like Ash save it. Than by Ripley stabbing it . I liked the Dallas vent part better though ;D but otherwise the book was so-so.

ShadowPred

Quote from: SM on May 20, 2010, 12:24:41 AM
What's so far fetched about eggs with parachutes and hang gliding facehuggers...

Quite possibly the greatest image I can conceive in my mind. Thank you, SM.

SiL

Quote from: SM on May 20, 2010, 01:53:10 AM
They did however find an open empty egg from memory.
Indeed.

The book also mentions the skeletal remains in the rocks that Dallas and co pass on their way to the derelict, IIRC, seeing as it was in the script and the Jockey wasn't.

SM

Hang gliding facehuggers for Alien 7 plz.

SiL

To the tune of Ride of the Valkyries.

With little pilot goggles.

ShadowPred

Quote from: SiL on May 20, 2010, 04:38:00 AM

Can't believe the original image just got even better with that.

XenoVC

Quote from: SM on May 20, 2010, 12:24:41 AM
What's so far fetched about eggs with parachutes and hang gliding facehuggers...

OTHER PREDATORS

COMING SOON

SpaceMarines

Quote from: SiL on May 20, 2010, 04:38:00 AM

Mr. Weyland

I never really liked the idea of the Space Jockeys even having a form of threat, carrying the eggs to use for battle, seems like ever other aliens race in the Aliens and Predator universe are hostile, there's no real peaceful ones, or not so aggressive, the Jockeys are closest to peaceful beings, it does get repetitive at a another race bent on killing or battle.

Also, in the novel, they never actually saw the dead Space Jockey, I think that what the rock formation was, but they found an empty egg and the weird transmission machine, which was some kind of metal rod moving back and forth, not a piece of dust or rust on it. But I can't remember reading or hearing anything about the ship crashing, looks more like it landed. I also like the idea of the ship being grown, instead of built.

Blacklabel

Quote from: SM on May 20, 2010, 12:03:54 AM
Who knows what technology they have to get them to the target?

The Half Life Games do provide a possible answer to that... The headcrabs in the game are delivered to rebel controlled areas inside a rocket... after hitting it's target, opens up and let's loose a fair bunch of them..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed