The Predators Pictures/Discussion Thread

Started by XenoVC, Apr 19, 2010, 05:06:55 AM

Author
The Predators Pictures/Discussion Thread (Read 70,187 times)

Puks

You mean Tomistoma schlegelii? Google says the image is a fossilized skull of an extinct, but true, gharial.

Noir-Gojira

Google is a lying pig :P

Anto of the Sand

I thought it was Gavial. :-[

Noir-Gojira

It has more than one name.

Machionic

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Puks on May 11, 2010, 09:51:02 PM
You mean Tomistoma schlegelii? Google says the image is a fossilized skull of an extinct, but true, gharial.
"This is a fossil gharial skull. Gharials (also called gavials) are a group of crocodilians with long, narrow jaws. They lived in South America during the Miocene, but are now extinct in South America. Gharials still live in parts of India."
Took from the description, on flickr.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

The joke around the water cooler is that the guy was told "false gharial", but heard, "fossil gharial" instead.  Granted, the skull is not identical to that of extant false gharials, but structurally speaking, the two share much more in common with each other than with fossilized and modern true gharials.

Machionic

Johnny Handsome

Looks like concept art.

Where did you find those.

Machionic

Yep, it's concept art. From 'Predator: UHE' blu-ray.

pmaz11

Quote from: Machionic on Jun 13, 2010, 07:28:43 PM

Interesting concept art, I do like the blood river from the first pic.

Doomofman

Quote from: Machionic on Jun 13, 2010, 07:37:41 PM
Yep, it's concept art. From 'Predator: UHE' blu-ray.

Is that all the Predators stuff on it?

Machionic

Old trailer, old sneak peak. These arts from "Evolution of the Species: Hunters of Extreme Perfection" Featurette.

Doomofman

Any new footage in that? Assuming its a video... do you have the blu-ray?

Machionic

Yes. These arts is all new stuff about Predators that i found on blu-ray. Maybe on US release there will be some new video.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed