Started by predxeno, Apr 05, 2010, 03:48:03 AM

Who would win: AvP's Predator or Halo's Elite

Predator
69 (77.5%)
Elite
20 (22.5%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author
AvP's Predator vs. Halo's Elite (Read 66,970 times)

The PredBen

Yes that was " cool " the only good shot the Predator had in the entire AVP film. But still it didn't even effect the Queen.

And the Elite seem to be stronger so they'd simplly jump up and slash the Queen's  throat.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: The PredBen on Apr 09, 2010, 08:14:16 PM
Yes that was " cool " the only good shot the Predator had in the entire AVP film. But still it didn't even effect the Queen.

I beg to differ.  The queen sustained injury from that attack, it just wasn't enough.  The one effect that everybody can agree on was that the attack further pissed the queen off.

RDdaNINJA

RDdaNINJA

Predator out smarts, and is way stronger than any Halo elite.  Only Arnie can kill a Predator......and Danny Glover.   ;D  (I love predator 2)

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: RDdaNINJA on Apr 10, 2010, 03:06:13 AM
Predator out smarts, and is way stronger than any Halo elite.  Only Arnie can kill a Predator......and Danny Glover.   ;D  (I love predator 2)

Predator 2 has great action replay value.  Predator 1 didn't really have much of that, it was more about mood and stuff.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Gotta disagree there. P2 has almost no value on subsequent viewings because the awful pacing. There's no incentive to keep watching once you know what's going to happen.

P1 has some of the best pacing I've ever witnessed in a film, so it strings you along time and time again.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

Quote from: RDdaNINJA on Apr 10, 2010, 03:06:13 AM
Predator out smarts, and is [i]way stronger than any Halo elite[/i].  Only Arnie can kill a Predator......and Danny Glover.   ;D  (I love predator 2)
No it's not. The Elites are much bigger and stronger than any Predator.

Elliot117

Elliot117

guys just a thought if you played and completed halo:combat evolved on legendary the vid at the end shows sgt.Johnson (Badass!) hug a flood creature which is just a bit bigger than him and the flood creatures are taller than an elite so even though somebody pointed out a while ago that the elites are hugemunguos this is not particularly true and in the movie pred 1 dutch towers above others and a predator lifts him with ease and personally in a fist fight i think that arnie would slaughter  an elite in  hand to hand combat and dutch would have been killed if it wasn't for that booby trap i therefore think that the pred would win...

The PredBen

A Predator is 7'0" - 7'3" and weights between 285 - 385 lbs normally.

An Elite is more like 9'0" and is borader I'd guess it weights 700 lbs.

huntin8-t0n

Predator > Elite
Predators are hunters, right? They are way more hard to kill I think.

Joke aside Preds eat elites for breakfast.

The PredBen

I think the elites would win. And this is coming from a person who hates Halo. I think they are stronger , faster and appear to have more advanced technology.

Not saying a Predator couldn't take one down though.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

Quote from: everybody except PredBen
PREDZ WUD WIN COZ I LIEK EM.

huntin8-t0n

For me kind of.
Oh, and because I could kill elites in Halo with my gun-stock.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

Tell me, besides Vision Modes, what is it that Predators have that Elites don't?

huntin8-t0n

As I said it's simply that I prefer preds.

And that we don't know the inner structure of the creatures, so basically the height and weight isn't a point for me. Preds seem to be more lean and agile as well. And normal spear or plasma sword? Well, an elite dies if his throat is cut open or when he gets impaled.
And I wasn't joking about elites dying from melee. I assume they won't die if you hit them in the back, still it represents their strenght. And the way in Reach they can be assassinated shows me they are not that durable. Of course the game isn't out, but the sytem is in. (Not like chess, that was funny :D). And vision mode really counts to be frank. They can't see you while you're cloaked in halo too. A cunning hunter could sneak upon an elite and... kill it.

If you want arguments.
But in the end it all comes down to preferences imo. Not just on pred side.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Predators have amazing skill in stealth, and are experts in long to close range combat.
Elites are tactical masters of large scale warfare, as well as efficient killers up close.

The main difference is that with elites, you can pop a can of beer and hang out. You try that with a predator, you will loose your face.

I am so conflicted! :-X
Quote from: Elliot117 on Apr 11, 2010, 07:43:54 PM
guys just a thought if you played and completed halo:combat evolved on legendary the vid at the end shows sgt.Johnson (Badass!) hug a flood creature which is just a bit bigger than him and the flood creatures are taller than an elite so even though somebody pointed out a while ago that the elites are hugemunguos this is not particularly true and in the movie pred 1 dutch towers above others and a predator lifts him with ease and personally in a fist fight i think that arnie would slaughter  an elite in  hand to hand combat and dutch would have been killed if it wasn't for that booby trap i therefore think that the pred would win...

That was an elite he hugged.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed