Overrated, Overappreciated, Overrecognized

Started by OmegaZilla, Apr 04, 2010, 05:12:36 PM

Author
Overrated, Overappreciated, Overrecognized (Read 242,183 times)

Cal427eb

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 01, 2014, 06:59:50 PM
The Elder Scrolls & Fallout 3.

Bethesda's games essentially.
Fallout 3, yes. Elder Scrolls, no.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

The main problem I have with their games is the story, it pales in comparision to Dragon Age, Baldur's Gate and The Witcher.

Vickers

Cabin in the Woods

Cal427eb

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 01, 2014, 07:03:41 PM
The main problem I have with their games is the story, it pales in comparision to Dragon Age, Baldur's Gate and The Witcher.
Yeah, I can agree with you on that. The story is pretty shit. But nobody plays the Elder Scrolls for the story.  :laugh:

Still one of my favorite games.  :P

Quote from: Vickers on Feb 01, 2014, 07:05:22 PM
Cabin in the Woods
WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Cvalda

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 01, 2014, 07:06:38 PM
Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 01, 2014, 07:03:41 PM
Yeah, I can agree with you on that. The story is pretty shit. But nobody plays the Elder Scrolls for the story.  :laugh:

Still one of my favorite games.  :P

Quote from: Vickers on Feb 01, 2014, 07:05:22 PM
Cabin in the Woods
WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I have very little money, and I'd rather experience a bad game with a good story than a good game with a bad story.

First Blood

lol this thread's essentially become 'name popular shit to gauge a reaction' thread.

SpaceMarines

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 01, 2014, 07:12:36 PM
lol this thread's essentially become 'name popular shit to gauge a reaction' thread.

What do you mean "become"?

Eva

Any movie with Tom Cruise :D

Cal427eb

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 01, 2014, 07:11:36 PM
I have very little money, and I'd rather experience a bad game with a good story than a good game with a bad story.
If story is the only thing you're looking for in a game, I feel very sorry for you.

Pretty much.  :P

Cvalda

Quote from: Eva on Feb 01, 2014, 07:13:57 PM
Any movie with Tom Cruise :D
Hell -- Tom Cruise himself ;D

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 01, 2014, 07:14:10 PM
Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 01, 2014, 07:11:36 PM
If story is the only thing you're looking for in a game, I feel very sorry for you.

Pretty much.  :P

Why?

My only interest in games is the ablitity to tell a story differently than any other medium, to diverge in different directions in a cinematic experience that makes the player that character. I have exceptions for games like Blood Dragon.

The problem in games like Super Smash Bros and The Elder Scrolls is that they have no story to tell or a weak one, they rely upon the player to get enough endorphins from the experience that it is enjoyable.

I could get the same from a board game, and that would likely have more social benefits. I just don't see the point in playing a game that has nothing to say and is closer to a commercial in terms of it's artistic contribution to the medium than actual high art.

Aspie

John Williams.

Cal427eb

life

Crazy Rich

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed