Started by gameoverman, Jul 10, 2007, 11:54:10 AM

Author
Hudson's last stand (Read 14,118 times)

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SiL on Jul 15, 2007, 09:42:32 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 15, 2007, 04:43:35 PM
took a fair amount of aliens with him.
Really? I don't remember seeing him actually kill any.

Then really you are discrediting the aliens.  There's no way Hudson could have fought them off for that long without incapacitating them or killing them.  Don't tell me the aliens were dogding the bullets or hidiing - they were rushing at them from all sides (that is how aliens attack in swarms, I believe).

SiL

SiL

Quote from: gameoverman on Jul 15, 2007, 09:49:59 PM
There's no way Hudson could have fought them off for that long without incapacitating them or killing them.
I don't doubt he incapacitated some of them, but there's nothing to say he killed any.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SiL on Jul 15, 2007, 09:59:43 PM
Quote from: gameoverman on Jul 15, 2007, 09:49:59 PM
There's no way Hudson could have fought them off for that long without incapacitating them or killing them.
I don't doubt he incapacitated some of them, but there's nothing to say he killed any.

Well, how do you incapacitate an alien, SiL?

SiL

SiL

Hurt it. Shoot it in the legs, make it crawl around, giving you time. Knock it ass-over-head in the blast of a grenade, dazing it.

gameoverman

gameoverman

One thing you ignore is that when aiming at a target, it is always best to aim for the chest area.  This is because it is the largest target and most likely to bring the target down.  Police are trained in this, and my guess is so would the colonial marines.  It is fairly standard.

SiL

SiL

Okay, you show me dead Aliens, and I'll believe you.

It's poorly lit, there are strobe flashes from the muzzles, and those Aliens aren't standing still. We don't see any Aliens die and there's no reason to immediately assume he killed all, or any, of the ones that he shot at.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Yep, and SiL wins this round, because Cameron doesn't show shots of dead aliens lying around unlike Jeunet.  So really the only confirmed kill is the one squashed by the APC.  ::)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: gameoverman on Jul 15, 2007, 11:12:03 PM
So really the only confirmed kill is the one squashed by the APC.  ::)
Or, you know, the shots of the Aliens being torn apart and exploding by weapon fire. Or the one Ripley gets. Or the one Vasquez gets. Or those that would be blatantly caught in the explosion of Vasquez and Gorman.

All I'm saying is, we don't know if he took down 'a fair amount' with him.

Highland

Highland

theres plenty of kills, Shotgun, Air vent, ripley at the end, ran over, sentry guns.

Of course Sil just closes his eyes at those parts! ;) :D

SM

SM

He sees more with his eyes shut than his detractors.

SiL

SiL

::)

Kimarhi said Hudson took down a fair amount with him. I said, we don't see him kill any, and he only lets off five or six bursts of his rifle while shouting. At most he killed about six, but I doubt all of those bursts killed Aliens.

That was it.

Highland

Highland

lol, i'm just joking with you, and Sil i'm shocked! 6! i'd say 3 tops, but we'll never know!

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SM on Jul 15, 2007, 11:22:00 PM
He sees more with his eyes shut than his detractors.

That's f**king funny.  ;D ;D

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: SiL on Jul 15, 2007, 11:22:31 PM
::)

Kimarhi said Hudson took down a fair amount with him. I said, we don't see him kill any, and he only lets off five or six bursts of his rifle while shouting. At most he killed about six, but I doubt all of those bursts killed Aliens.

That was it.

I was actually thinking three or four.  I'm pretty sure there are at least two confirmed kills on screen though.  One he zaps right across the midsection, the other he shoots around the head.  Then when he's pulled in the vent I imagine the one he's aiming at is history since it was point blank range.

Anytime you can kill three or four aliens at once, your doing fairly well.  I wasn't implying he went berserk and dropped fifty of them.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

I do agree with SiL, You dont see him actually killing any, however, i do believe he took down a FAIR amout with him, which doesnt mean he took out alot, just a fair amount.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed