Aliens novels chronology

Started by Magneto, Mar 07, 2010, 08:31:34 PM

Author
Aliens novels chronology (Read 41,929 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 19, 2010, 04:02:41 AM
Xenomrph, I thought you considered EU canon.
I do. ???

predxeno

predxeno

Then you have to acknowledge Predators using hypersleep cylinders as canon.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

When does it happen, again?

predxeno

predxeno

It's mentioned in the AVP1 movie novelization.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Ohh, okay. It's been a while since I read it. :)

paxromana

paxromana

I think that AVP novelization stated that the predators were inside a "black goo" instead of hypersleep chambers.

predxeno

predxeno

Whatever, point is; they were in hypersleep.

paxromana

paxromana

You are right  ;)

predxeno

predxeno

Of course, I am. ;D

SM

SM

However this in no way supports Machiko being with the Predators for decades.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah, she definitely wasn't. I'm pretty sure at least Hunter's Planet, War (novel), or the latest AvP series that wrapped up says she was with them for a year.

predxeno

predxeno

Maybe some ships require hypersleep pods while others do not; Predators get chosen for each ship depending on rank.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Or maybe you should stop talking about preds in an Aliens thread

SM

SM

QuoteYeah, she definitely wasn't. I'm pretty sure at least Hunter's Planet, War (novel), or the latest AvP series that wrapped up says she was with them for a year.

Such was my recollection (or thereabouts).  Wasn't she on Ryushi on her own for about a year between Prosperity Wells blowing up and the Predators coming back?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I don't think they really give a timeframe for that, but it's been a while since I read the novelization. I'd also have to check if AvP: Duel gave any sort of timeframe between Prosperity Wells' destruction and that Marine detachment showing up, because Machiko was gone by the time they arrived. I never really got the impression she was on her own for too long.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed