Regarding controversial content, SPAIGHTS authorship and legitamacy of 'Harvest'

Started by Politikon, Feb 25, 2010, 04:26:12 AM

Author
Regarding controversial content, SPAIGHTS authorship and legitamacy of 'Harvest' (Read 24,194 times)

Mr. Domino

Not surprising. The lengths idiots on the interwebs will go to these days ceased to surprise me...a while ago.

Its genius really. The author has got exactly what he wanted - global attention to his hard work creating a script for an Alien prequel.

I am not denying that the script isnt well written and it must have taken a good few months to complete. But it is NOT an official work of Mr Jon Spaihts.

We can all laugh (or cry) when official evidence of the real prequel story starts to appear...

peanut8

Thank you, 180924609, for the hard evidence. Hopefully this ridiculous script will be off the internet soon enough.

Federick Gonsa

Quote from: 180924609 on Feb 27, 2010, 02:47:55 PM
Its genius really. The author has got exactly what he wanted - global attention to his hard work creating a script for an Alien prequel.

I am not denying that the script isnt well written and it must have taken a good few months to complete. But it is NOT an official work of Mr Jon Spaihts.

We can all laugh (or cry) when official evidence of the real prequel story starts to appear...

Wow man. That was great detective work. You put Mike Harrigan to shame lol. Well That settles the matter. It is Fake, and Fake it is...

Politikon

Quote from: samH3LL on Feb 27, 2010, 02:36:48 PM
Thats alot of work to put into a hoax that would'nt amount to much more then some fanboys arguing on a forum. :P

Yeah. That would be ridiculous and the script itself, would be ridiculous. The whole idea of this being fake is somewhat ridiculous. I've seen some fake scripts in my day, and they are obvious fakes. This thing was written by a skilled writer.

ShadowStalker

If the real script comes out, i believe they will keep lot of things to this movie close to their chest just like producers are with Predators

Again using Shadow 19 and Passengers scripts as 'reference controls':

SHOCK/TENSION EXPRESSION STYLE INCONSISTENCY EVIDENCE AGAINST:
The 'Alien Harvest' script uses the phrase 'a beat' several times to convey scene tension or sudden shock moments. (I count over 50 of them!)

The 'Shadow 19' and 'Passengers' scripts never use this expression once!

>> Why would Spaihts suddenly use this expression style for Alien Harvest?

Politikon

Politikon

Quote from: 180924609 on Feb 27, 2010, 01:21:05 PM
I present evidence that the Alien Harvest script is NOT by Jon Spaihts:

METADATA EVIDENCE AGAINST:
From the PDF document metadata (obtained by opening the PDF, then File->Properties...)

'Shadow 19' and 'Passengers' metadata contains:
- A reference to an .fdr file which is a file extension relating to Final Draft - the industry standard script authoring tool costing $250.
- PDF file was created using a Amyuni Document Converter - a professional PDF creator package costing over $600.

'Alien Harvest' metadata contains:
- no references to .fdr files
- PDF file created using OpenOffice - a free shareware web download.
- The PDF creation tool has surreptitiously embedded the name of the user who installed OpenOffice: 'David Bryan'.

>> Why would an aspiring hollywood writer downgrade his professional tools and start using freeware? And who is David Bryan?

EMAIL ADDRESS EVIDENCE AGAINST:
The 'Shadow 19' script has an email contact to (presumambly) his own bought and paid for domain: jon@spaihts.com.

The 'Alien Harvest' script has a cryptic address at a google webmail address (that anybody could make up): darksp8s@gmail.com

>> Why would an aspiring hollywood writer ditch his own domain account and start using a webmail account?

CONTENT LAYOUT STYLE EVIDENCE AGAINST:
The 'Shadow 19' and 'Passengers' scripts both have a DOUBLE line space before every new scene.

The 'Alien Harvest' script only has a SINGLE line space before new scenes.

>> Why would Spaihts suddenly change his layout style for Alien Harvest?

FALSE 'CEASE AND DESIST' DOCUMENT EVIDENCE AGAINST:
At the original source of the script, the user 'JSmith535' at scribd.com, the script has been removed and in its place is a snippet from a document claiming to be a 'cease and desist order'.
The content of this document refers to a legal team called 'Keats, MacNeill & Willson LLP', which does not exist according to Google. However, according to Google, there IS a legal IP firm in beverly hills called 'Keats, McFarland & Wilson LLP'

>> Looks like an hoax legal doc to make the removed script appear to be legit.

** All of this evidence suggsts to me that someone has staged an elaborate hoax.

I'm gonna tackle some of this.....

FIRST-

___________________________________________________________________________________________
From the PDF document metadata (obtained by opening the PDF, then File->Properties...)

- A reference to an .fdr file which is a file extension relating to Final Draft - the industry standard script authoring tool costing $250.
- PDF file was created using a Amyuni Document Converter - a professional PDF creator package costing over $600.
________________________________________________________________________________________
1- You are comparing a released draft of another script to the alleged STOLEN draft of a script that was copied somehow illegally! Therefore, who ever did this, possibly not a sucessful writer, would need software to copy it.
2. FINAL DRAFT creates .pdf files for you. So the fact that you are comparing HARVEST which does not include any Metadata relative to FINAL DRAFT, to a script that ALSO did not create it's .pdf WITHIN Final Draft, is only evidence to suggest that it is wrong to assume that HARVEST wasn't written in FINAL DRAFT, in the first place. Unless, you can find some reason why the RELEASED Spaihts scripts were converted outside of FINAL DRAFT, this just doesn't add up.

NEXT-
__________________________________________________________________________________
- The PDF creation tool has surreptitiously embedded the name of the user who installed OpenOffice: 'David Bryan'.
__________________________________________________________________________________
1. Again, it was stolen. Which means some measures were taken for it not to be copied. Its easy to imagine a scenario involving the thief of HARVEST having to download software that would allow him to do this. Say, something like OpenOffice, which is a free download.
2. David Bryan may be Spaihts assistant or a friend of his assistant, or someone who works at the desk next to his assistant....
****3. The writers assistant would be the person who creates the .pdf for Jon Spaihts...NOT Jon Spaihts!!!
I know this because I myself was an Assistant to the Creator a few times and know many writers and their assistants.
A better way to think of this is that David Bryan would have to be some kind of third party, the Assistants best friend maybe, who loves ALIENS say, and so Sp8's assistant let him read it, and the smart alec copied and leaked it... you can come upwith a thousand scenario for why this is what it is.

________________________________________________________________________________________
>> Why would an aspiring hollywood writer downgrade his professional tools and start using freeware? And who is David Bryan?

1. Easy, he didn't. Whoever stole the script did. Besides, Jon Spaihts would absolutely not be doing this stuff. His assistant would. Thats what he pays them to do.

The 'Shadow 19' script has an email contact to (presumambly) his own bought and paid for domain: jon@spaihts.com.

The 'Alien Harvest' script has a cryptic address at a google webmail address (that anybody could make up): darksp8s@gmail.com

>> Why would an aspiring hollywood writer ditch his own domain account and start using a webmail account?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Have you tried the domain Spaihts.com? Go ahead.
2. How many email addresses do you have? I have at least 4 personally. Not too mention work email addresses that change form project to project. Anyone could dream up any number of my email addresses.
3. The easiest reason he would change all this info is BECAUSE it leaked on the internet! You think he kept using that for anything not related to those projects? I dont use emails from past projects when I was a lowly PA! or even when I was an assistant.
4. Again, the released scripts have his contact info because he wants them to. The HARVEST script would def NOT use the same address as that he posted on released scripts.

______________________________________________________________________________________
The 'Shadow 19' and 'Passengers' scripts both have a DOUBLE line space before every new scene.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

1. This is just silly. Formatting is done for you. You don't do your formatting. A programs template does, and as YOU already pointed it, these scripts, all 3 of them have been, exported, imported and converted more than once so...what does that mean?
2. Furthermore, after inspecting the other scripts I have to agree with the person that posted them. The writing style is identical. The timbre is identical, the pacing, if you read one line after another from the two scripts, they absolutely seem to be the same writer.

FALSE 'CEASE AND DESIST' DOCUMENT EVIDENCE AGAINST:
At the original source of the script, the user 'JSmith535' at scribd.com, the script has been removed and in its place is a snippet from a document claiming to be a 'cease and desist order'.
The content of this document refers to a legal team called 'Keats, MacNeill & Willson LLP', which does not exist according to Google. However, according to Google, there IS a legal IP firm in beverly hills called 'Keats, McFarland & Wilson LLP'

>> Looks like an hoax legal doc to make the removed script appear to be legit.

** All of this evidence suggsts to me that someone has staged an elaborate hoax.
[/quote]
__________________________________________________________________________________________

1. This TEAM does not exist because 'LLP' means it is a LIMITED LIABILITY PARTNERSHIP! This is attached to any team of individual lawyers that work for separate people who all have stake in a claim. If you say have 3 people with relevant liability, with 3 different lawyers. In this case, one is Spaihts lawyer, on is for FOX... The lawyers are only related by the script so they form an LIMITED LIABILITY PARTNERSHIP. For a multitude of reasons. But this is the one you are concerned with.
One person is Spaits lawyer, one is a lawyer representing FOX and another is maybe the Executive producer.
The team only exists for this particular thing. That LLP establishes them as guilt free in the advent that one of the other person or corporations lawyers, that they are teaming up with, is corrupt, the other lawyers wont be liable. They will only be liable for their own hand in this matter.
2. If this is a hoax it is seriously a ridiculously time consuming one. Think about it, it's silly.

All in all...This stuff doesnt prove anything, it's only made me think the script is real.

Thanks for posting the links to SP*'s other scripts. They definitely seem like they are the same guy. I'd be surprised if they aren't.

ShadowStalker

....Good lord man!!!!!! :o!.....Can like give breif overview of that? im too lazy to read it all!

Thank you  ;D

Politikon

Haha. Just read the post Im responding to. Most of that is just me rewriting his post so you'll know what parts ! was responding to! Sorry. Haha. ;D

Politikon

Quote from: samH3LL on Feb 27, 2010, 12:38:32 AM
There are recurring descriptions is all three scripts. Just how he describes things in his words. Its also the flow or rhythm  and his writing style. You could go through and quote them if you wanted to.

Absolutely agree! It's obvious within reading the first few pages of them.  Thanks for the links!

maddriver

Ok, so as far as I understand, the script has a 95% chance of being legit. That means that the next Alien movie will be a disaster. End of story. Moving on to Predators.

SiL

Closer to 50/50 of being legit.

Federick Gonsa

Federick Gonsa

Quote from: Politikon on Feb 28, 2010, 01:34:24 AM

I'm gonna tackle some of this.....

FIRST-

___________________________________________________________________________________________

1- You are comparing a released draft of another script to the alleged STOLEN draft of a script that was copied somehow illegally! Therefore, who ever did this, possibly not a sucessful writer, would need software to copy it.
2. FINAL DRAFT creates .pdf files for you. So the fact that you are comparing HARVEST which does not include any Metadata relative to FINAL DRAFT, to a script that ALSO did not create it's .pdf WITHIN Final Draft, is only evidence to suggest that it is wrong to assume that HARVEST wasn't written in FINAL DRAFT, in the first place. Unless, you can find some reason why the RELEASED Spaihts scripts were converted outside of FINAL DRAFT, this just doesn't add up.

NEXT-
1. Again, it was stolen. Which means some measures were taken for it not to be copied. Its easy to imagine a scenario involving the thief of HARVEST having to download software that would allow him to do this. Say, something like OpenOffice, which is a free download.
2. David Bryan may be Spaihts assistant or a friend of his assistant, or someone who works at the desk next to his assistant....
****3. The writers assistant would be the person who creates the .pdf for Jon Spaihts...NOT Jon Spaihts!!!
I know this because I myself was an Assistant to the Creator a few times and know many writers and their assistants.
A better way to think of this is that David Bryan would have to be some kind of third party, the Assistants best friend maybe, who loves ALIENS say, and so Sp8's assistant let him read it, and the smart alec copied and leaked it... you can come upwith a thousand scenario for why this is what it is.

1. Easy, he didn't. Whoever stole the script did. Besides, Jon Spaihts would absolutely not be doing this stuff. His assistant would. Thats what he pays them to do.

1. Have you tried the domain Spaihts.com? Go ahead.
2. How many email addresses do you have? I have at least 4 personally. Not too mention work email addresses that change form project to project. Anyone could dream up any number of my email addresses.
3. The easiest reason he would change all this info is BECAUSE it leaked on the internet! You think he kept using that for anything not related to those projects? I dont use emails from past projects when I was a lowly PA! or even when I was an assistant.
4. Again, the released scripts have his contact info because he wants them to. The HARVEST script would def NOT use the same address as that he posted on released scripts.

______________________________________________________________________________________

1. This is just silly. Formatting is done for you. You don't do your formatting. A programs template does, and as YOU already pointed it, these scripts, all 3 of them have been, exported, imported and converted more than once so...what does that mean?
2. Furthermore, after inspecting the other scripts I have to agree with the person that posted them. The writing style is identical. The timbre is identical, the pacing, if you read one line after another from the two scripts, they absolutely seem to be the same writer.

HARVEST FANBOYS TO THE RESCUE!!!

Quote from: SiL on Feb 28, 2010, 09:25:43 AM
Closer to 50/50 of being legit.

With 180924609 anylisis I think that is less than 50% chance of it being true. Politikon only offers alternate explanations to inconsistencies pointed out by 180924609. The only good point that politikon makes is that of the software used. Not to mention,  180924609 makes a good point about the 'beat'

Why would someone write such a long hoax?

would it surprise you, politikon, to hear of someone to go to the extremes of writting a LONG, LONG script if it would not be for hire? Well, your post defending Harvest is quite damn LONG. So if someone is willing to take the time to write as LONG as you do (you are not the only one), it would not surprise anyone to see some jobless dude with good writting skills to write a script based on his own personal fan fic.

SiL

Politikon's counter-argument largely relies on the draft being "stolen".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed