*SPOILERS* Ideas for follow-up in the Sequel (story/content)

Started by X-SOLDIER, Feb 23, 2010, 06:38:15 PM

Author
*SPOILERS* Ideas for follow-up in the Sequel (story/content) (Read 13,928 times)

Adey

its a strategy game where you control multiple units upgrade and order new ones tell them where to go who to attack, its a birds eye view cam angle. if you watch bonus disc of A3 somewhere on it it says they were going to impregnate an ox instead of a rottie and the facehugger was going to be a bigger black facehugger called a praetorian but they scrapped it. on extinction the queen can use a point system to morph eggs into praetorian eggs, each species earns points to order and pay for new units as long as your population count isnt full and you have enough point you can morph eggs into praetorian eggs the queen is the only one who can order upgrade new units the preds use mobile shrine and marines use com tech (a bloke with automatic pistol)

Dusk

This just popped into my head and is a scenario I'd love to see. I have that image of a group of armed Marines or other Soldiers getting into a pitchblack room. They don't detect movement and the room looks clear. One of them tries to get the light to work again and as power returns, they start to detect movement. Then they look up only to discover dozen of eggs attached to the ceilings and they are opening one after the other.

X-SOLDIER

Quote from: Dusk on Mar 01, 2010, 11:12:52 AM
This just popped into my head and is a scenario I'd love to see. I have that image of a group of armed Marines or other Soldiers getting into a pitchblack room. They don't detect movement and the room looks clear. One of them tries to get the light to work again and as power returns, they start to detect movement. Then they look up only to discover dozen of eggs attached to the ceilings and they are opening one after the other.

This is an awesome idea. Perfect cutscene into a crazy battle.

X 8)

Dusk

What battle? I'd have one of them say "Oh shit..." then all the Facehuggers are jumping out of their eggs. It would be nothing but chaos and terror. And it would be highly dangerous to shoot Facehuggers that are located directly above you. It would literally rain acid.

Lie

Its AVP so the stories need to clash so just make it the predator's going to the Alien homeworld and 6 with her new horde of aliens crashs there. The humans take the Queen mother and 6 is trying to save her and predator is trying to kill her, and the marines are just lost.

spyrl

spyrl

Quote from: Dusk...a group of armed Marines or other Soldiers getting into a pitchblack room.
...they look up only to discover dozen of eggs attached to the ceilings.
They are opening one after the other ...jumping out of their eggs.
It would be nothing but chaos and terror. And it would be highly dangerous to shoot Facehuggers that are located directly above you. It would literally rain acid.
This is an awesome idea. In a dark room, seeing only with your flashlight?
As you said, chaotic terror.
Also, with that nightmare above, you may not notice at first the horrors coming in from the vents around you...

Dusk

It's too bad Rebellion added a cliffhanger. I would've liked another unrelated game. Something that starts fresh. I'd love if the first Mission of the new Predator campaign starts with you and your fellow Predators, trying to capture a Queen. Trying to get chains around her ankles, wrists and neck and to subdue her.

Or maybe taking the Predator through different time periods. Like having a Mission take place in present time and setting up events for the future. Or maybe even play different characters. Like in the Alien campaign, sure, we expect to play the standard Xenomorph Warrior, but wouldn't it be great to also cause some chaos as a Predalien? Or to destroy your foes as an enraged Queen? Think of it as side missions, where you take over the role of other characters.

spyrl

spyrl

Quote from: DuskI'd love if the first Mission of the new Predator campaign starts with you and your fellow Predators, trying to capture a Queen. Trying to get chains around her ankles, wrists and neck and to subdue her.
Kind of like in the books? (Hunter's Planet, War)

I have some thoughts on playing as a Queen, anyway...
For the humans, I think it would be cool to include a vehicle or two (APCs -like in Aliens, modified power loader). But, for certain "hive" levels, I think it would be cool to provide a chamber that opens after certain conditions are met (even as simple as breaking down a wall, or having only a certain amount of time left in the match), and the first xeno player that presses the action button near the Queen within -becomes her. Powerful and deadly, but a large target that can't fit into smaller tunnels and corridors easily. Or, maybe easier, plot-wise, the Queen chamber opens, and you have the options of playing as a Praetorian.

So, vehicles for the humans, the honor (and sadistic thrill) of playing as a Queen (or maybe Praetorian) for the xenos, and though no variation for Yautja, perhaps this will, though in a small way, "balance" them, as so many feel they are the most powerful of the species.

kaljo

Plz. Make another company make the sequel. Or let Peter Jackson direct the story.

spyrl

spyrl

Peter Jackson...?!

...Anyway, a thought for xeno campaign:
Implement the use of facehuggers more. For example, how many hosts you harvest in one level affects how much "back-up" you have in a later one. This could even become an ongoing thing -building an army of your siblings, level by level, to assist you in storming a particularly troublesome final level. This would seem to be very fitting of the very nature of the xenos. Of course, you could always try to "up the difficulty" by not harvesting hosts, and go through the increasingly harder levels alone. Possibly altering the ending...?

Lochinvar

Lochinvar

What do you think will happen in the sequel for the three campaigns?

Mine is ~ (SPOILERS)

Marine ~ You wake up and your in the massive ship were number 6 has escaped again. You find Tequila and the cyborg woman, but you will then suddenly be taken away by number 6. You then wake up to see yourself hived and you have a xeno inside you. Tequila turns up and explains that the cyborg lady has treated her and must get you to her new hospital like bit. Just after you get treated Wayland and his goons will show up, and Groves will run up to them only to have a chestburster ripped out his stomach. You and your two friends will be taken away, to the xeno homeworld, where you are placed on so Wayland can survey what the aliens do. You will then battle your way through and place a big bomb on the planet. You will sneak away on a stray ship and the planet will incenarate and Wayland 'supposedly' dies. You see your next destination. Earth.

Predator ~ You will go to the wrecked ship where 6 ecaped and you will blow it up with a bomb. It will next be based when Rookie and his two mates are placed on the xeno homeworld and you will go to place a bomb aswell on it to kill all the serpents. As you drop the bomb and start to set it, Rookie comes along, so you go invisible. Rookie and his homies set the bomb and steal Predators ship and Predator will just grab hold of the bottom and fly off.

Alien ~ You will go and capture and harvest Rookie firstly. As Wayland arrives he captures you again and places you in cargo hold and sends you off to Earth! You will escape again though and get to the xeno home planet where you attack Waylands space ship. You see in the distant background a drop pod fly off while the bomb blows. You stay in Waylands ship and see the next destination. Earth.

Thanks.

x2SMONEY

x2SMONEY

I dont know if they should show the xeno-homeworld.I would like a game where it starts out on a ship,then goes to a colony.

Highflys

IMO, I really liked the first post in this thread. I would change some things though for the Alien campaign. For the sake of "originality", I would have 7 go through an incident that separates her from 6. Perhaps a capturing by WY. During this captivity, 7 would have experiments performed on her for a reason unknown to the player. Then after WY finds the ship that 6 was on crashed on Xeno World, 7 would be released at a location close to 6 for unknown reasons.7 would then find her way to 6 only to find her and her servants mutated by the planet's atmosphere into more "pure" forms of Xeno. The Queen would then telepathically inform 7 that she is a threat to the Hive, and will not be accepted into the Hive. Queen 6 would then sick her servants on 7 forcing her to escape. It will be revealed that the experiments that WY performed on 7 made her resistant to the Xeno World atmosphere's effects and triggered a transformation into becoming a Queen. That's all I got so far, but you can guess where this is headed.

Highflys

Also, this is just a free concept, not an actual idea for a storyline. It's more like something that should be integrated into an overall Alien story, obviously.

MadassAlex

Didn't read it; no paragraphs.

There's no way I'll be able to wade through that and keep my place.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed