Dying in combat for a Pred?

Started by Meathead320, Jul 05, 2007, 01:22:25 AM

What is death in combat to a Predator?

Disgrace.
2 (5.9%)
The besting thing that could happen to a Pred.
4 (11.8%)
Not ideal, but still honorable to go down fighting.
21 (61.8%)
Shit happens.
7 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author
Dying in combat for a Pred? (Read 2,182 times)

Meathead320

Meathead320

So are they all about dying in battle?

Are they all against it?

Discuss.

aliensetta

aliensetta

I think its not ideal, but still honorable to go down fighting. well that what i voted.

gameoverman

gameoverman

No, it is stupid, I hate it.

The Preds aren't Mandalorians (for those who have played KOTOR, et al)!

It's not honour, it's hunting ethics.  There's no point in killing a sick animal (ie Weyland), as it is no sport.  No point in killing a pregnant animal, as that reduces your hunting stock.  And a helpless animal (ie being unarmed) is also un-sportsmanlike.

War is totally different to hunting.  We haven't seen the Predators in war.  The rules of engagement are different in war.

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

Quote from: gameoverman on Jul 05, 2007, 02:53:48 AM

It's not honour, it's hunting ethics.  There's no point in killing a sick animal (ie Weyland), as it is no sport.  No point in killing a pregnant animal, as that reduces your hunting stock.  And a helpless animal (ie being unarmed) is also un-sportsmanlike.

Honor, sport they're very friggin' similar, get over it!

I voted that its not ideal to die in combat, but its better to die fighting.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: darkbladepred on Jul 05, 2007, 04:19:50 AM

Honor, sport they're very friggin' similar, get over it!

I voted that its not ideal to die in combat, but its better to die fighting.

They would I think, unless they were up against overwhelming odds.

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Dying in a hunt is something a Predator should expect when stalking dangerous prey.
Voted: "Shit happens."

Highland

Highland

I went for "best thing" only one again lol!

I 've not read my comics for a while, but i think to die in battle is the way they want to go.

I mean think about it, thats what they do, they hunt the biggest trophy's to gain status, if you are defeated it was from a worthy opponent. Hence the giving of the gun to Harrigan.

I mean how else would they want to die? crossing the road?! :D

Plus the whole self destruct thing, they dont want to be saved, they'd rather go out with a "BOOOOOM"

WisePredator

WisePredator

I voted "Shit happens", that's what the Pred said in P2, so it just happens, anything dies in a hunt that goes wrong :P

Predboy

Predboy

I would have voted "shit happens" and "not ideal" if I could.

SM

SM

Depends on the circumstances..

Predboy

Predboy

Well, the other options depend. The shit happens is something that will always apply, so I guess Im voting for shit happens then. ;D

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

War is totally different to hunting.  We haven't seen the Predators in war.  The rules of engagement are different in war.

Yes, I agree!!!
They are not klingons! If they were warriors,they would not be called Predators.
Predators hunt for fun. If it was honor, they would leave a guy alone even if he has a gun, if he doesn't want to die. And who wants that?
The ones we have seen don't kill the weak or helpless, but we have only seen 5 excluding ones who stand around to give trophies. That's what? .0000000002% of all predators?
I'm sure there are some who kill anything for the glee of it.
And I'm sure that some have better things to do than live on safari.  Hmm... Predahitler... interesting...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed