Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 133,804 times)

Kane

Kane

Quote from: Brother on Mar 29, 2010, 08:23:36 AM
After the patch when you try to join trough a Steam friend it always says that your connection has timed out, anyone else experienced this? Invitations still work though.

Same here.

Quote from: QueenofDeath on Mar 28, 2010, 07:13:10 AM
Quote from: Valheru on Mar 27, 2010, 01:31:44 AM
Thing is on the PC, the SP glitch is about the only way to get the new skins now as hardly anyone plays ranked  :-\

How do u do the glitch?

Join a Ranked Match, finish it, then go into Singleplayer, you get XP for killing like you were in a Ranked Match.
Not possible anymore, though. I think they fixed it with the patch. I tried it yesterday but it didn't work.

Valheru

Valheru

Yeah what Kane said, but the patch has fixed it...you would have to uninstall the game, reinstall with updates turned off and then try and find a ranked match with some that has the same un-patched version ::)

Just wait till people make enough noise for rebellion to incorporate ranked match support into the dedicated server code ;)

Cheers!

Valheru

Greenpakto

Greenpakto

Quote from: Valheru on Mar 29, 2010, 01:05:36 PM
Yeah what Kane said, but the patch has fixed it...you would have to uninstall the game, reinstall with updates turned off and then try and find a ranked match with some that has the same un-patched version ::)

Just wait till people make enough noise for rebellion to incorporate ranked match support into the dedicated server code ;)

Cheers!

Valheru

You cant start up steam without it patching itself :P

Brother

Brother

It won't update the game if you have the automatic game updates off. Though if you reinstall the game from Steam it will install the latest version of the game.

Greenpakto

Greenpakto

Quote from: Brother on Mar 29, 2010, 04:52:12 PM
It won't update the game if you have the automatic game updates off. Though if you reinstall the game from Steam it will install the latest version of the game.

Okay so is it possible to install game without steam?
Anyway as soon as I start game it demands internet connection with steam and updates anyway. So that is confirmed by me. CANT start game with steam unless updating.
I repeat, it is NOT possible to start the AVP game unless you update it first, if pausing update and try to start it, another bar shows up and automaticaly updates the game.

Brother

Brother

Haven't tried it, could be. I'd suggest getting the XP the fair way, and I believe soon we'll be seeing ranked dedicated servers/matches. The current state of ranked gaming is very bad and there is no point in having XP achievements and stuff if you can't get a ranked game going. Surely the Lions can see thins.

Greenpakto

Greenpakto

Quote from: Brother on Mar 29, 2010, 06:29:17 PM
Haven't tried it, could be. I'd suggest getting the XP the fair way, and I believe soon we'll be seeing ranked dedicated servers/matches. The current state of ranked gaming is very bad and there is no point in having XP achievements and stuff if you can't get a ranked game going. Surely the Lions can see thins.

Exactly. Better to earn XP the slow way :)
More honest gameplay!

Valheru

Valheru

Hey Greenpakto,

I believe the updating you are talking about is just Steam itself updating. If you found an earlier version to install or had backed the game files up before updating then you could install/restore that with your internet disconnected, go into the properties for the game through the Steam game tab and in one of the tabs there is an option to turn off automatic updates for just that game.

Whenever the game downloads and applies a new update it says it in the game tab next to that specific game, if steam requires a restart because of it then it will also pop up a restart request window when the update has finished.

But yeah, don't bother with all that mucking around...just wait for Rebellion to add support for ranked matches to the dedicated servers.

Cheers!

Valheru

Greenpakto

Greenpakto

Quote from: Valheru on Mar 29, 2010, 10:39:14 PM
Hey Greenpakto,

I believe the updating you are talking about is just Steam itself updating. If you found an earlier version to install or had backed the game files up before updating then you could install/restore that with your internet disconnected, go into the properties for the game through the Steam game tab and in one of the tabs there is an option to turn off automatic updates for just that game.

Whenever the game downloads and applies a new update it says it in the game tab next to that specific game, if steam requires a restart because of it then it will also pop up a restart request window when the update has finished.

But yeah, don't bother with all that mucking around...just wait for Rebellion to add support for ranked matches to the dedicated servers.

Cheers!

Valheru

Yes it does work to turn of updating, but as soon as you want to start the game, it pops up a new bar that AUTOMATICALY updates the game...
At least thats what happened for me. But if I am correct the XP glitch cant be used anyway, because the unpathced game will reset your stats. ^^

Adey

Adey

how com when i press square to initiate a sk as an alien, i make the motion to grab them then just cos they move forward a foot it cancels it, its getting really frustrating.

Valheru

Valheru

Quote from: Adey on Mar 30, 2010, 02:43:30 AM
how com when i press square to initiate a sk as an alien, i make the motion to grab them then just cos they move forward a foot it cancels it, its getting really frustrating.

That's more how it should work...you just need to keep close behind them and you should have no problems...most people complain about turning moving away or turning around and see the alien but get pulled back magically and SKd anyway as it's lag allowing them to turn around or walk off when the SK has in fact already been activated. So your issue could be lag related, I haven't heard of a case like yours though where the SK animation starts but the victim gets away.

Cheers!

Valheru

Brother

Brother

The difference between your and your enemy's ping makes you see him further away or closer than he actually is, messes up the SK prompts, range and pretty much all the attacks.

darkcaleb

darkcaleb

Hey i'm new here and i wanted to ask a quistion about avp because i bought the hunter collector edition, but i'm having trouble with the game, the game runs fine but still having lag or stuttering in the game. Is this already fixed or will rebelion updated this?

Brother

Brother

PC or console? If you're on PC check if you have the latest graphics drivers.

Fleshtrap666

Fleshtrap666

Quote from: Valheru on Mar 30, 2010, 04:58:20 AM

That's more how it should work...you just need to keep close behind them and you should have no problems...most people complain about turning moving away or turning around and see the alien but get pulled back magically and SKd anyway as it's lag allowing them to turn around or walk off when the SK has in fact already been activated. So your issue could be lag related, I haven't heard of a case like yours though where the SK animation starts but the victim gets away.

Cheers!

Valheru

Happens to me quite often as the alien...even with marines...so I usually don't even try SK's unless I'm directly behind an enemy. Hell I've even had the aliens claws turn up like it was grabbing ahold of a predators shoulders to headbite him from behind....and he just sprints away. Kinda of funny IMO but still aggravating to say the least.

Pretty much knew it was a ping/connection issue however.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed