Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 133,477 times)

Kane

Kane

Steam reset my rank and i lost all my skins and also they changed the control/sound/graphic settings back to standard. :(

Quote"If you have played this game from another computer, your game settings and/or progress may not be in sync with what is stored in the Cloud. If you play the game now, you may lose thos changes and progress"

Same here.
Lost connection to steam - close AvP - try to restart it - get this message - restart PC - start AvP again - BOOM!!! ^look above quote.

I didn't loose my SP progress, but everything else.

worriors

worriors

Too get the multiplayer game I want I have to select the number of players and map. Because If I choose ANY, then you will usually get a small game with 2-3 people. ::)

kaljo

kaljo

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...i busted my ass again up rank 22, and then steam crashes and all ppl have lost their friends and ranks are back to 1..roflmsao

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Feb 23, 2010, 08:17:55 PM
Indeed, once you're knocked down you're dead meat unless a team mate saves your ass.  That's why I said it's a fairly pointless mechanic, because for all intents and purposes you're dead meat so knock-down may as well be replaced with instant kills in most cases. 

I mean wtf was Rebellion thinking with the shoulder cannon knockdown?  There is absolutely no way you can stand up from the first blast, the only reason you'll survive is if the predator is trolling you and allows you to stand up just so he can knock you down again. =/

It's a Predator; that's probably the exact intent.

John_Kimble

John_Kimble

So basically i'll have to loose all SP and MP progress in order to play the game again?
Random bugs FTW.....

:-\

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Seems like a technical issue with steam.

Losing your rank is probably NOT a problem with steam though.

I have had disconnections from steam before, and with other games the loss of rank or achievements is only ever temporary.  This is the first game I have played where a problem with Steam has completely wiped people's ranks and/or achievements.  So I'm thinking it's a problem with the game and not Steam.

Kane

Kane

Quote from: John_Kimble on Feb 23, 2010, 08:37:14 PM
So basically i'll have to loose all SP and MP progress in order to play the game again?
Random bugs FTW.....

:-\

Isn't Steam wonderful?  :)

-Sharky-

-Sharky-

I've never liked steam..what you see mentioned above is part of the reason >:(

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Playing as an Alien and Fighting a Predator is really really starting to cheese me off now, nine times out of ten i lose , most of my kills are stelf kills, even when i surprise a Predator i lose, and some times when fighting a human i shake my head, are these Aliens based from Aliens vs Predator Requiem by any chance?

oh the Aliens Melee sucks donkeys balls...

XxecutionerxX

XxecutionerxX

Aliens SHOULD NOT be knocked down every time they get countered by light attack. It's stupid that predators merely get stunned, cannot be knocked down and own alien asses at melee. Plus they have ranged weapons that most of the time kill in one shot! Where's the balance?!

Even a marine can totally own an alien in melee...

safetyman

safetyman

Quote from: XxecutionerxX on Feb 23, 2010, 10:50:53 PM
Aliens SHOULD NOT be knocked down every time they get countered by light attack. It's stupid that predators merely get stunned, cannot be knocked down and own alien asses at melee. Plus they have ranged weapons that most of the time kill in one shot! Where's the balance?!

Even a marine can totally own an alien in melee...

Nobody can prevent walltails, unless you can run to a place where the roof isn't low enough or the walls aren't close enough. If you're attacking head on as an alien and get countered to deaht it's because you haven't mastered the playstyle.

Biker_jez

Biker_jez

Well, today i played AvP for a while, on the Marine missions, I saved a checkpoint, then quit the game. Then later on i went to play again and my checkpoint was gone, and more importantly all my AUDIO DIARIES that i had collected have gone.... I had around 35 now i have 10....  The only thing i changed was the music volume slightly. Apart from that i have no idea what has happend. Very annoying though  :-\ :'(

Any suggestions?

Maybe this is a bug that needs to be reported to Rebellion?

John_Kimble

John_Kimble

Quote from: Kane on Feb 23, 2010, 08:38:41 PM

Isn't Steam wonderful?  :)

I'm a sad panda  :-[

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

In all fairness I've been using steam for 6 years and this is the first time I've ever experienced such a significant problem.

XxecutionerxX

XxecutionerxX

Yes, but when you play on a map like jungle or ruins it's totally different story. And I'm talking from the perspective of a predator player. Maybe I haven't faced any good alien players but when I play as a predator usually I win or a marine does.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed