Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 133,421 times)

never

never

I'm having latency issues on the full PC version of the game, detailed in the following:

1. My HUD won't be drawn for a few seconds after I spawn (5-15 seconds of no HUD)

2. Pings are all over 200, players rubberbanding/warping all over the place

3. Taking a melee hit doesn't shake my screen, splat blood, or make a sound.

4. Often after respawning, I won't be able to move for a few seconds.

5. Finally, I played the demo and had none of these horrid latency issues, this only began once I attempted to play MP in the full game.

It is also noteworthy to say that I have played many other PC shooters, and my ping is much lower in those, always below 80 or so.

Please help.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: kaljo on Feb 22, 2010, 10:01:12 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Feb 22, 2010, 09:42:11 PM
Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Feb 22, 2010, 09:30:15 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Feb 22, 2010, 08:48:29 PM
I get increasingly annoyed by being knocked over: no matter what you do, you won't stand up again. You're dogmeat, pal.

Yeah it seems a pretty pointless mechanic.  99 times out of 100, getting knocked down is as good as dead.

It really gives you hope when it comes to learning to counter properly :')

Very true. I still have my faults on that part :P

It's like those god aweful Quick-Time-Events without having a visual clue.

kroenen77

kroenen77

the badest thing in MPis,that the game ends,when the host is leaving the game.and the host are often leaving the game,when they don't making good kills.

Tequila

Tequila

Yep. Host bailing sucks.  Host migration please. 

woody28

woody28

I sent this message to the rebellion website, and they redirected me to this forum.

I have a lot of trouble finding an online game, and I do mean A LOT of trouble. ??? Sometimes it can take upwards of 10 to 15 minutes or more to find an online game, even then it's with barely 3 people. I am from Australia so I thought it might just be our country having issues. From what I've heard, it's not just us. I still play other games online, with no fuss, so I'm positive it isn't my service connection.

Another issue I'm having as I'm positive it is happening everywhere, is when the host of an online game quits, all other players are kicked to the menu. This makes it incredibly frustrating when I have to wait so long for a game, only to have it ended prematurely by someone....

Rebellion have created an amazing game, I just hope that some of the online issues are resolved so I too can enjoy the ultimate multi-player experience....

ColdDeadEyes

ColdDeadEyes

Found this while lookin for news on a patch.......thought it might help any folks havin problems like game crashing.

some people seem to be having intermittent crashes to desktop (CTD), black screens, stuttering, distorted, delayed or lagging audio both in game + in cutscenes and various other problems

http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2010/02/fix-aliens-vs-predator-3-avp-3-2010.html

hope it helps

Steve C

Steve C

^^ Awesome find.  Any luck finding news on a patch, or a release date for dedicated servers?  Which should have come out with the damn game...

safetyman

safetyman

I'm pretty sure it takes forever to find quick match (unofficially renamed "very long match") on both the 360 and the PC as well? I queue up with 2 of my friends, and we always have to wait close to 5 minutes to get a game, sometimes more if unlucky.

I sure hope the PS3 isn't the only platform getting a revised quick match.

ColdDeadEyes

ColdDeadEyes

i was only looking for about half an hour and i found nada......ill keep lookin, even a little hint of a patch is good news so hopefully somthing will pop up :)

S.Y.L

S.Y.L

do we really need another thread about this?

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

Last night i actually had zero problems, it was awesome.

cerebral45

cerebral45

i agree the matchmaking on the PS3 is completely broken and when it does work it only matches you up with 2 or 3 other people its completely ridiculous.it seems like the games dieing out too because of it if rebellion doesn't patch it soon i think this games gonna be a ghost town online sadly.can any of the devs please let us know if oyu guys are going to fix this?

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: skull-splitter on Feb 22, 2010, 09:42:11 PM
Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Feb 22, 2010, 09:30:15 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Feb 22, 2010, 08:48:29 PM
I get increasingly annoyed by being knocked over: no matter what you do, you won't stand up again. You're dogmeat, pal.

Yeah it seems a pretty pointless mechanic.  99 times out of 100, getting knocked down is as good as dead.

It really gives you hope when it comes to learning to counter properly :')

Same i was an alien and got shot by a predator got knocked over, heres me starting to hit my sprint button as i start to get up only to be killed by the same pred :((

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Indeed, once you're knocked down you're dead meat unless a team mate saves your ass.  That's why I said it's a fairly pointless mechanic, because for all intents and purposes you're dead meat so knock-down may as well be replaced with instant kills in most cases. 

I mean wtf was Rebellion thinking with the shoulder cannon knockdown?  There is absolutely no way you can stand up from the first blast, the only reason you'll survive is if the predator is trolling you and allows you to stand up just so he can knock you down again. =/

John_Kimble

John_Kimble

Hey guys, i got a problem which isn't really gameplay related, more like technical.
So i was playing one of the pred missions on nightmare. Then i just decide to go for some multi and it says Steam was unable to connect. So i quit and restart the game and this is what i get from steam:
"If you have played this game from another computer, your game settings and/or progress may not be in sync with what is stored in the Cloud. If you play the game now, you may lose thos changes and progress"

I've tried simply rebooting the PC, which didnt change anything.
Ofc i've played this game on my PC only. Seems just like a pretty random issue. If i decide to play guess i'll loose all SP progress and MP ranks/skins ye?  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed