Ok, I am new.

Started by Abhunter, Feb 16, 2010, 06:12:28 AM

Author
Ok, I am new. (Read 4,090 times)

Abhunter

Abhunter

Ok, So I havent watched all the Aliens movies in a VERY long time, and I sat down and watched the first one yesterday and thought to myself, Why, on gods green earth, would anyone LOVE this movie, yet hate AVP?

Aliens Vs Predator didn't have a ton of gore, but the Aliens looked cunning and sleek in it, while the Alien in the origional, was unscarry, and at times, confused me. Infact, some of that whole movie confused me. Like, How she knew he was a synthetic? Was it because he was talking to "Mother?" and is mother like a skynet kind of AI? Does it believe and understand on its own or is it simply a computer program to run the ship and get data? Also, What the hell was the thing where they first found the aliens, it was like GIANTS sitting in what I have been told was a giant microscope?

BillyHudson

BillyHudson

about ash they first had hint wen they saw white "blood" i think not sure

the giant is called a space jockey and various rumours around whether they created the aliens or found the aliens etc

not sure but ive also though ash is talking to the company and gettin incoming transmissions or maybe its already all stored on mother

the first part alien and AVP are totally different kinds of movies

alien is a quality classic film focusing on story, the creature, characters, set design etc
AVP is a fan made for the fans popcorn movie

so i rate alien 10 for quality classic film
AVP 6 for popcorn value

Abhunter

Abhunter

So, Then another question I had, When I watched A:R about a Year ago, Ripley was like all over the aliens, like, they werent trying to kill her? and then like, the newborn or Whatever was born.

Why didnt they try and kill her? (Even the Alien in Alien 1 doesnt try to kill her when she is in the suits?) and How was the newborn, born?

BillyHudson

BillyHudson

they dont kill ripley in AR cos she is part alien

the alien doesnt kill ripley in alien3 cos she has an alien inside her

and in alien it doesnt kill ripley cos at first it is asleep wen she wakes it up it does want to eat her she just in time presses airlock release

cant remember about newborn think its just born cos the queen has a womb scientists up to their dirty old tricks  ;D

Abhunter

Abhunter

Ok. you have been helpful. I am not big into comic books or the novels, so I base everything straight off of the movies, and I didnt understand AT ALL. you have cleared things up

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Abhunter on Feb 16, 2010, 06:12:28 AM
How she knew he was a synthetic?
Them knocking his head off, and him still being active, with a bunch of white wires and bits inside, was something of a giveaway.

Abhunter

Abhunter

Yea, that part was a giveaway, but then the question is, why did they even start fighting? cuz it seemed very rushed to me, and didnt make a whole lot of sense? cuz they knocked his head off and stuff?

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

Quote from: Abhunter on Feb 16, 2010, 04:26:24 PM
Yea, that part was a giveaway, but then the question is, why did they even start fighting? cuz it seemed very rushed to me, and didnt make a whole lot of sense? cuz they knocked his head off and stuff?

They fought because ash was cornering Ripley and his intent on completing the order to bring back a sample.   It was clear he realized Ripley was a threat and when Ripley was defended by Parker it set Ash off.

Puks

Puks

This thread hurts.

SM

SM

QuoteHow was the newborn, born?

It's explained by Gediman in the movie.  "At first everything was normal, but then she started to change.  She started a second cycle."  Ripley has some Alien in her and the Queen has some Ripley hence giving birth to live offspring in the form a the Newborn instead of laying eggs.

SiL

SiL

Either obvious troll is obvious, or someone needs to go back, watch the film, and actually keep their eyes on the screen longer than ten minutes :-\

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

LOL Alien confused him

Abhunter

Abhunter

lol, Deffinantly not trolling. I just dont have time to go back and watch and everything, and just wanted answers to some of my questions.

SiL

SiL

But all the questions you asked were explained perfectly the first time.

Also comments like this:

QuoteI sat down and watched the first one yesterday and thought to myself, Why, on gods green earth, would anyone LOVE this movie, yet hate AVP?
Yeah - Why would anyone love a classic, incredibly well-made film over a piece of disposable popcorn filler :-\

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

And for that, he is tarnished forever. (At least on THAT screen name)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed