Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, Feb 14, 2010, 05:34:49 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 89,164 times)

Dajanksta

Dajanksta

Playing it on nightmare so the campaigns take longer. So far the pred is decent. And the survivor and pred hunt are a blast! I love that. Only issues with multiplayer is when we started pred hunt inwas the pred but it started me in front of all the marines. Obviously I was dead in 2 seconds

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: Dajanksta on Feb 16, 2010, 08:24:08 PM
Playing it on nightmare so the campaigns take longer. So far the pred is decent. And the survivor and pred hunt are a blast! I love that. Only issues with multiplayer is when we started pred hunt inwas the pred but it started me in front of all the marines. Obviously I was dead in 2 seconds
I'm kind of dissapointed that you can't weld doors in survivor mode. Oh well it should still be somewhat fun.

heady89

heady89

Quote from: VvOLF7 on Feb 16, 2010, 08:23:17 PM
Me and my bud are one of 2 people in our city to have a copy of the game in our posession due to only 1 out of the 3 Gamestops getting the shipment today (by this posting im sure other people have picked it up there also)

Only got to play a bit of the Pred Campaign and due to the lack of Americans (like myself) dealing with shipping confusion i waited for a ranked match but no such luck, so based on the Pred Campaign i feel the game is so much smoother than the demo and for all you Bugs the Predator Heavy attack does take a hell of a lot longer to hit than demo Heavy. That is once again based on the Campaign play, but i doubt it changed that drastically from SP-MP.

If i'm wrong i apologize, after getting 1hr into pred campaign i had to head to work (which i was already late for)  And as for me and my bud are not sleeping tonight and hitting up some Survival Mode like the good ol' PC game on Gamespy :-P Sad to say we have made a console transition so we're on XBL.  Hope to see fellow xbox gamers on MP. Happy Hunting!

The difference between mp and sp can be quite significant taking into account balancing etc.

VvOLF7

VvOLF7

Very True senor  ;D, but it just took me by surprise how much of a longer "wind-up" the heavy attack took in the final SP compared to the MP demo Heavy attack speed. The Preds H.Atk seemed quicker than the Bugs standing tail whip in the demo and some felt that sort of difference seemed unbalanced, and i agreed.  So if the change reflected in the SP (final) is carried over the MP(final), the balance would seem to be restored :-D

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I got the PC version from steam, all maxed out on 1920x1200. So far, I've played it for about 5 minutes and from what I saw it was dam good!

I'm not going to rate it just yet, until I play the multiplayer and try all three story lines. But again, so far.....

It's state of the badass art bro 8)

ViolentTMAC

ViolentTMAC

It's definitely a game made ONLY for the fans. Freakin lovin the Marine Campaign so far!   ;D

PsychoticMarik

PsychoticMarik

Quote from: ViolentTMAC on Feb 16, 2010, 11:56:45 PM
It's definitely a game made ONLY for the fans. Freakin lovin the Marine Campaign so far!   ;D
Which overall...is not a good thing.

-mimic-

-mimic-

Quote from: PsychoticMarik on Feb 17, 2010, 12:00:28 AM
Quote from: ViolentTMAC on Feb 16, 2010, 11:56:45 PM
Which overall...is not a good thing.

Exactly.

But this is rebellion 2010. So you gotta be a little realistic.  ;D

Cloud

Cloud

I got my game today all i have too say is its a f**king awesome game.The game is amazing with 3 campaighns and a amazing multiplayer i for fact love this game.The Single player is great.With hordes of aliens.Deadly marines.And mean predators.The alien is very fun.Extremely intresting i had my downs on the alien campaign because ive never been a fan of playing aliens but the first level just scoops you in.its like a bannana split but with extra fudge.The graphics are very good well detailed in some ways less and others.And the Trophy kills are exciting.Its like a box of chocolate what kool trophy kill am i going too see.ive only tested a little bit of each but i have too say there all amazing.Now the multiplayer is great.Reachs the standards i have too say though that infenstation is my favorite of all.as 1 alien kills marines and turns the into aliens very heart pounding.The game has easy controls in my opnion i adjusted very quickly only issue is the alien walking on walls cellings etc etc.The marines are very easy too use point aim shot heal game over lol.Predators are very easy too use.All in all the game has good details good campaigns good multiplayer and a AMAZING story i give this game a 9.5/10

kingdong24

kingdong24

Got my copy today right after work.  All I can say is so far very awesome game.  The mulitplayer is the most enjoyable I've ever played.

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

Mother F@#king awsome game man, the graphics were pretty good (even though im playing on HDTV 1080p), the predator campaign was cool as hell and im about halfway through marine. Marine is probably my fav to play as in SP and in MP, the battle w/ the pred was cool and creepy at the same time. The little audio diaries are pretty cool (remind me of DOOM 3 big time) the multiplayer is "freakin sweet" aswell. The only thing that sucks is that for pred hunt you cant bring your party in (we had 5) and for species deathmatch you cant choose who you wanna be it chooses for you?!?! Other than that Badass game all around. * 2 thumbs up*

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm just a little ways into it, but I don't like how situationally unaware the AI is in the game.  They don't try to flank, call for backup, or anything that most common FPS do in today's games.  You can get the drop on almost anyone and if his comrade is standing with his back turned you can get away with (murda!) literally. 

Yeah, that's nice, and would show the Alien to be a badass, IF the guy he was killing wasn't begging and moaning, and the alien wasn't snarling every 1.2 milliseconds.

In the mulitplay, rail/scope sights would've been nice, and I'm not to fond of the grappling/block mechanic.

I prefer Rebellions original take on the Alien/Pred.  If one of the other species got near you as a human you were dead.  If a human caught an Alien or a pred out in the open, they were dead.

Realism over gameplay mechanics?  Yeah.  For me at least.  I can't get over how stupid it feels for a 6' marine to be bitchslapping 8' tall badasses that physically manhandle humans in the film. 

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 16, 2010, 06:07:38 PM
Quote from: Its Game Time on Feb 16, 2010, 06:05:21 PM
Yeah, i've finally got the money. I'm going to see if i can go in town today and pick it up. I really want to play it... hopefully i wont be disapointed

I wasn't. It may not have been what I expected but in the end I still liked what I got.

I ended up getting the Game, i'm about halfway, and its pretty awesome! Granted it could be better in some aspects but i'm so far enjoying it. Here is how i rate the gameplay...

Predator: 6.5/10
Marine: 7.5/10
Alien: 8.5/10

Thats not saying i hate the predator gameplay, thats pretty sweet, however the marine and alien campaigns are just downright better!

What i've been doing is switching back and forth from, Marine to Pred to Alien then back to marine. It gives it a bit of a cinematic feel to it! I love the game so far, its done pretty well in my opinion. The detail is spectacular, having said that i should point out that some of the detail does suck in some ways. If you go up real close to a sentry turret, it looks like something from a Nintendo 64 game, however generally the detail in the game is pretty good as far as i can tell!

xboxgamer4life

xboxgamer4life

so i beat marine campaign on hard i give it a
8.5/10
i played some infestation. about 10 social matches.
i give it a 9.5/10
it was the most fun i have had online in months maybe a year. but i did lower my expectations after playing the demo. also i was expecting small maps. there are a couple mig awsome maps
by the way if anyone wants to play my gamertag is si rambo is

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

for 360/ps3 players.....

Whats the difference in the retail gamefrom the demo if any?

Just curious.........

:)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed