Single Player Questions/Help Thread

Started by WeaN, Feb 14, 2010, 03:37:48 PM

Author
Single Player Questions/Help Thread (Read 61,024 times)

thrown_hammer

Not clicking on "spoiler" is killing me!

VEF214

VEF214

Quote from: thrown_hammer on Feb 15, 2010, 12:38:58 AM
Not clicking on "spoiler" is killing me!

The whispers of curiosity will haunt you if you don't.

Do it.

Lil Theo

Lil Theo

VEF.

Are you playing the AvP Demo a lot?

I'm looking for a play buddy 'til Tuesday.

VEF214

VEF214

Quote from: Lil Theo on Feb 15, 2010, 12:47:10 AM
VEF.

Are you playing the AvP Demo a lot?

I'm looking for a play buddy 'til Tuesday.

I was today. I can't play tomorrow. I'll try to get on Tuesday but even that looks doubtful. It looks like you just missed me, sorry.  :(

Namihana

Namihana

Awesome thread.

Shame that the Alien's campaign is short as hell, but I'll just enjoy myself on that one and take my time. ^^

I hope the Pred's is a little longer though.

Question to WeaN.

What happens to #6 during the end of her campaign?

Toxicon

Toxicon

In what order do the campaigns take place (time-wise)?  From what I can gather, it sounds like Alien first, and then the Predator and Marine campaigns overlap.

Corporate Merc

Was there any cool cutscene's from either campaign that sticks out in your head?

PsychoticMarik

Spoiler
This may be a stupid question, but how much of Queen #6 do you really see?
Does the games story leave obvious openings for a sequel other than this?
[close]

firefly101

firefly101

Well thanks for the answers I am going to CANCEL my order with gamestop.com I am not paying $63 with shipping for this game. I think I will wait until its $20 I have a feeling alot of them will be on Ebay when people get bored with it.

I new rebellion was the wrong company for an SP game, the original AVP was nothing but a MP game, and now they are following the same cheap line of 12 hours of gameplay is what I FEAR. I cant play online, but even if I did with auto aiming and slow moving aliens, no way I will wait for Mods to come out or the price to drop alot. Too badI would have liked to play, but I pay out of my own pocket and I can find something better to do with $63 then a half consolized 12 hour game.

Thanks again you saved me money and disappointment, if Rebellion Reads this Next AVP make a better and LONGER SP game, and Bots in the MP for people who dont play online.

Baasje92

Baasje92

Quote from: firefly101 on Feb 15, 2010, 01:29:25 AM
Well thanks for the answers I am going to CANCEL my order with gamestop.com I am not paying $63 with shipping for this game. I think I will wait until its $20 I have a feeling alot of them will be on Ebay when people get bored with it.

I new rebellion was the wrong company for an SP game, the original AVP was nothing but a MP game, and now they are following the same cheap line of 12 hours of gameplay is what I FEAR. I cant play online, but even if I did with auto aiming and slow moving aliens, no way I will wait for Mods to come out or the price to drop alot. Too badI would have liked to play, but I pay out of my own pocket and I can find something better to do with $63 then a half consolized 12 hour game.

Thanks again you saved me money and disappointment, if Rebellion Reads this Next AVP make a better and LONGER SP game, and Bots in the MP for people who dont play online.
Dude listen, it's just an mp age, almost no game concentrates on sp gaming, most go for mp gaming that's what this game is about to, the online experience, the sp is just for getting to know the story line. So stop ya yapping it's just how it is now a days.

l3awl3ag

l3awl3ag

To add to that ^^ The aliens are anything but slow lol..

draken161

draken161

Quote from: Baasje92 on Feb 15, 2010, 01:33:09 AM

Dude listen, it's just an mp age, almost no game concentrates on sp gaming, most go for mp gaming that's what this game is about to, the online experience, the sp is just for getting to know the story line. So stop ya yapping it's just how it is now a days.

Dude just leave him. It's his opinion and nothing will change it. Most ignorant people these days can't appreciate the amount of time they probably put into the story. Judging by that guy he's one of them, he hasn't even played the damn game and he's judging. By the looks of the story that i've seen it's fairly good and i'd prefer a good campaign that is average sized than a crappy one that's way too stretched out for length.

nico_celtic

nico_celtic

Quote from: draken161 on Feb 15, 2010, 01:40:24 AM

Dude just leave him. It's his opinion and nothing will change it. Most ignorant people these days can't appreciate the amount of time they probably put into the story. Judging by that guy he's one of them, he hasn't even played the damn game and he's judging. By the looks of the story that i've seen it's fairly good and i'd prefer a good campaign that is average sized than a crappy one that's way too stretched out for length.

Well said man!!!!!

afrocat

afrocat

Quote from: draken161 on Feb 15, 2010, 01:40:24 AM

Very well said. Beside playing on the hardest difficulty on all campaigns, will be different than almost all other FPS games coming out this year.

HannibalKing

HannibalKing

6-12 hours seems pretty standard to me, not sure why it's considered short. It's not like this is an rpg where you expect 20+ hours of gameplay. Games may be shorter now a days, but I think that has to do with games being more casual. After all, the faster you kill the enemies and the less you die, the faster you finish the game.

Anyhoo, it was nice to here about the facehuggers. Was always curious about that since they were always the things I worried about the most in AvP games.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed