YOUR alien prequel

Started by ayla7682, Feb 09, 2010, 12:49:24 AM

Author
YOUR alien prequel (Read 8,792 times)

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Making a prequel story to Alien is a really hard thing to do but you guys have lots of great ideas. Really interesting.

Frood

Frood

Yeah just going through these and there are some great ideas.  I'm really liking Captain Salts Revenant story ATM. Lovecraft's "Mountains of Madness" with a Giger vision, really cool.  Lovecraft's obsession with the old gods/star beings is IMHO still the most unique vision of sci-fi horror to this day.

Even Ridley's quote of "engineers of space" when talking about the prequel smacks of a Lovecraftian turn of phrase.

Captain Salt

Captain Salt

^^ Thanks man! I do so enjoy ripping off Lovecraft! ;)

SM

SM

Guillermo Del Toro said on a HPL doco I saw last week that he saw Mountains of Madness as a massive influence on the storyline of Alien, and I tend to agree.

Captain Salt

Captain Salt

Yep, the Derelict is indeed very "Mountains"...and of course, the original draft featuring the Temple with much more time on LV-426 was even closer to the novella.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I really want to read MoM.

SM

SM

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Ooh! Tomorrow, I guess. Thank you. :D

MartyPredator

MartyPredator

During the opening credits we see the derlict ship take off from a planet. Weither or not this is the alien homeworld we don know.
Still during the openng credits we see that the space jockeys have been expermenting. There are a number of different species all dead with a hole in their chest.
We see a human strapped down to a table and a alien egg (to which you know what happens)
We then see other humans within another room. This humans manage to escape and explore the ship to which we learn little about the jockeys and alien.
(this can be a number of things. Maybe the jockeys credit the aliens are tryin to find the prefect host to breed them)
the alien manages to escape aswell and kills the humans off.
A jockey gets trapped by the alien and then ends up getting face hugged.
To which he crashes the ship to try and destroy the alien.

Fill in any blankets but that outline
what think?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed