Those Skulls... (Read 36,971 times)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: jaztermareal on Apr 20, 2010, 03:06:02 PM
Quote from: Highland on Apr 20, 2010, 09:52:07 AM
Quote from: jaztermareal on Apr 20, 2010, 08:48:59 AM
Quote from: Highland on Apr 20, 2010, 08:07:44 AM
Quote from: jaztermareal on Apr 20, 2010, 07:52:13 AM
its not about how long they existed, its about how long they have been technologically advanced. do you think in a thousand years we will have the same tech? hows about a million? 2 million?
we might look the same, but just consider how much technological development we have achieved in the past century: space travel, atom smashers, atomic bombs, wireless communications etc. now apply the fact that technology develops exponentially faster and faster. now in a thousand years we should be well ahead of the preds! so are you saying that in over 65 MILLION years preds have been campable of interstellar flight but as was said before cant make a waterproof cloaking device??

Although million year old preds are obviously out of the question, basing age on technology is just as flawed. Tecnology must have a cap,  and until another method is found, waterproof cloaking devices might just not be possible.

Can't believe this ones still going.

techs 'cap' comes after technology becomes self aware and advances to a singular intelligence or similar.
cloaking devices, plasma casters etc are relatively low tech in the scheme of possible tech (we are already close to both) and in not too long we will likely surpass such a level of tech.
millions of years old pred species? fine.
preds aged millions of years? dumb.
pred species being technologically advanced enough for intersteller space travel millions of years ago and barely developing any new tech until now? utterly stupid.

Your assuming that the predators killed the Dinosaurs on Earth and using Earth's Epochs as a time gauge. As i put forward before, Life for all we know replicates similarly on other "Earth like" Planets.

Therefore Dinosaurs living on a Predator Planet isn't out of the question. They might have killed that Triceratops last week for all we know. 

****slowley starts to feel the pull of the thread again*** :P

ok dude, get your facts straight: i never assumed the preds killed the dinos! ive been saying against that! (read all my posts in this thread silly! :-*)
we know the dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago, so it is stupid to think that preds were around back then hunting them. i already stated in my theory that dinos could have been moved elsewhere by a different alien millions of years before, and i already said that thats why preds can hunt them currently on another planet. also, yes, earthlike life could evolve independant of earth, but triceratops is a very specific creature with a mix of features very unlikely to occur elsewhere. the chances of two almost identical species evolving on different (even if similar) planets is absolutely low next to zero.
next time read what ive been saying before labelling me among the crackpots. i took the time to read every post on every page of this thread and knew who i was replying to and what they said. do the same please.

rant: off

And its posts like these when i suddenly remember why i left the thread. Maybe it's my writing style, or maybe people just like piping up for no reason. At no point did i call anyone a crack pot or try to lable them as one. I was giving an alternative idea to your target points.

Try and grow up a little and realise not everyone on here is trying to debunk your theory's and beating their chest, we are just debating.

As for your comments about a triceratops being a very specific creature, Every creature on the Planet is "specific" and you have no evidence that life would not replicate. You only need to look at the Rhino.

Danger Close

Danger Close

Watch this, then read the last few pages.

Keg

Keg

cant be bothered to get involved in this discussion but that video was really interesting. thanks

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Danger Close on Apr 20, 2010, 10:05:26 PM
Watch this, then read the last few pages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tripD00-9zU

Interesting video... He has interesting views about extra-terrestrial life... Not that I agree... But interesting none the less

EarthHive

EarthHive

Like a lot of people said, those dinos could have been captured by Preds and raised on a game reserve.

As far as being technologically advanced...I would say space travel is pretty advanced (we are light years behind alien type of space travel)...plus there are different species of Preds...who is to say one is not super advanced over another.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Guys, Guys,

Isn't it obvious.

The Predators got the Triceratops skulls from... Jurassic Park! it's the most logical explanation!

I'm sure they (BS) thought of AvPvJurassic park a long time ago, they even mention dinosaur sized Aliens in an interview once.

;-)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It's a conspiracy! :o

Nightmare

Nightmare

Ok, ever heard of relativistic effects? Predators are out in space, they can hunt dinosaurs, go away, come back, have aged 50 years, and earth aged 10000

just google it, relativistic time dilation or something

havent read most of the thread just the triceratops part, and its perfectly logical....

bleau

bleau

Quote from: Nightmare on Apr 22, 2010, 06:55:51 PM
Ok, ever heard of relativistic effects? Predators are out in space, they can hunt dinosaurs, go away, come back, have aged 50 years, and earth aged 10000

just google it, relativistic time dilation or something

havent read most of the thread just the triceratops part, and its perfectly logical....

This is true, its kind of like real time travel. If you were to travel at light speed, basically time will stop. So if it takes 100 light years to reach your destination you will not age at all. But back home 100 years would have gone by. Pretty crazy, and this is not really just a theory either, scientist all agree on this.

Nightmare

Nightmare

they not only agree but it has been proved, adjustments are made to satellites and stuf because of that

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed