Underrated, Unappreciated, Unrecognized.

Started by Space Sweeper, Jan 24, 2010, 09:17:11 AM

Author
Underrated, Unappreciated, Unrecognized. (Read 186,456 times)

Eva

Well, Doom mentions incidents in his article that do happen. You'll find examples of men/fathers getting the short end of the stick in custody battles etc. if you look for it. The trouble is however, attempting to use such cases to build a case for the existence of a trend of discrimination against men in general. Not where I live...

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 12, 2014, 01:58:18 AM
Gingers are underrated and underappreciated.

(I really was :P)

You are/were not a true ginger! :D

Cvalda

Quote from: Eva on Feb 12, 2014, 02:06:40 AM
Well, Doom mentions incidents in his article that do happen. You'll find examples of men/fathers getting the short end of the stick in custody battles etc. if you look for it. The trouble is however, attempting to use such cases to build a case for the existence of a trend of discrimination against men in general. Not where I live...
Welcome to the mindset of North American right wingers. ::)

You are/were not a true ginger! :D
I'm a redhead, not a ginger :P

Eva

Well, whatever lol. Redheads are not unappreciated in the US... quite the contrary, I suspect. The UK however... now that's an entirely different ballgame.

Cal427eb

Quote from: Eva on Feb 12, 2014, 02:19:20 AM
Redheads are not unappreciated in the US... quite the contrary, I suspect.
yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 12, 2014, 02:21:13 AM
Quote from: Eva on Feb 12, 2014, 02:19:20 AM
Redheads are not unappreciated in the US... quite the contrary, I suspect.
yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup

+MyYups

SM

SM

Ranga 4 Life

Cvalda

Well, if this is gonna devolve into a "redhots r hot" thing, I will say that a ginger guy who is in good shape is incredibly bangable. Must be something to do with that chiseled ivory skin.

Also, the orange pubes.

Yes, I typed that.

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 12, 2014, 02:27:08 AM
Well, if this is gonna devolve into a "redhots r hot" thing, I will say that a ginger guy who is in good shape is incredibly bangable. Must be something to do with that chiseled ivory skin.

Also, the orange pubes.

Spoiler
[close]

Well, that's my cue. Goodnight! :D

Cvalda

:laugh:

SpaceMarines

So far as a song by the Beatles can fall under these three categories, I'd say Rocky Racoon is unappreciated and unrecognized. Absolutely beautiful song with great lyrics, which tells a very simple but very moving story. Very simple composition, but everything comes together perfectly. One of my favourite Beatles songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNRH7_Kd5Yc#

SM

SM

Didn't really come together (right now!) for Rocky though.

Shasvre

Quote from: Eva on Feb 12, 2014, 01:27:30 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 06, 2014, 12:56:37 PM
www.avoiceformen.com

I'd say it's all three of the topic items. The site is vocal, but not the evil, misogynistic, kitten-burning, puppy-eating, piss-on-angels site so many feminists like to believe it is. As a contributor to the site's content, I can tell you the crew behind it are all a bunch of really swell and pretty awesome folks (men and women).

;)
Spoiler
[close]

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 12, 2014, 01:28:52 AM
Here's an article written by DoomRulz for the site, in which he compares the persecution of MRM advocates to the blacklisting of 50s McCarthyism in the title:
http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/feminist-censorship/are-you-now-or-have-you-ever-been-a-member-of-the-mens-human-rights-movement/

And he even makes Youtube videos on the subject!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os4dgq2cFKA#ws

QuoteWomen and feminism are the same thing, apparently. I'm here to tell you why that's not the case.
Speaking from a place of authority, truly!

And last, but not least, THE PASSION OF THE DOOMRULZ.

Please find me the exact quote where I compared any kind of persecution to 50s-era McCarthyism. The point of the video was that feminists love to use shaming tactics to silence dissent and the most common example of that is conflating women with feminism. It goes like this: "You're anti-feminist? THEN YOU HATE WOMEN AND WANT TO OPPRESS THEM!!!"

The two have been linked historically, yes, but they are not the same thing. It's like saying Arab and Muslim are the same thing, but they aren't.

I don't claim to be an expert on anything. I'm merely stating my opinion.

Quote from: Eva on Feb 12, 2014, 02:06:40 AM

My personal belief is that men and women are marginalized in their own ways and suffer from different kinds of injustices and inequities. I also believe, however, that men have it worse.

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 12, 2014, 02:56:58 PM
Please find me the exact quote where I compared any kind of persecution to 50s-era McCarthyism.
Like I said, it's right there in the title of the article.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 12, 2014, 02:56:58 PM
My personal belief is that men and women are marginalized in their own ways and suffer from different kinds of injustices and inequities. I also believe, however, that men have it worse.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

These poor, oppressed mens, running the world and occupying virtually every seat of global government power, with average income skewed overwhelmingly in their favor across pretty much all demographics, and the majority of media, arts and entertainment in thrall to their point of view largely exclusively.

DoomRulz

Cvalda, your ignorance is outweighed only by your stupidity and your arrogance.

I don't believe men are oppressed any more than women are. Like I said, both sexes are marginalized. But just to show you some numbers,

Since the Gulf War, men make up 97% of American combat deaths and casualties.
Men account for 79% of suicide deaths in the U.S., a rate four times higher than women.

QuoteIn all age groups, male deaths by suicide outnumber female deaths 4 to 1. When separating out by age, race, and sex, white men > 85 still have the highest suicide rates (50.8/100,000).
Taken from: http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/psychiatric_disorders/suicidal_behavior/suicidal_behavior.html?qt=&sc=&alt=

Men make up 77% of homicide victims and their victimization rate is three times higher than that of women.

Childhood sexual abuse is a problem affecting both boys and girls, and the long-term effects affect both genders equally, despite the common perception that girls suffer more.

When men seek assistance after experiencing intimate partner violence, they frequently encounter a lack of services and workers in the domestic violence industry who are hostile to them.

Women receive custody in about 84% of child custody cases.

Here's a quote from Los Angeles divorce consultant Jayne Major:

"Divorced men are often devastated by the loss of their children. It's a little known fact that in the United States men initiate only a small number of the divorces involving children. Most of the men I deal with never saw their divorces coming, and they are often treated very unfairly by the family courts."

The average sentences for crime by gender are 18.51 for women versus 51.52 for men for the same offenses.

Boys are failing within the education system at a much higher rate than girls.

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 12, 2014, 03:04:04 PM
These poor, oppressed mens, running the world and occupying virtually every seat of global government power

Being in power doesn't mean you're running the world in your way. I have yet to see a politician here in Western society who doesn't get on his hands and knees and beg women's groups for support. Without them, a politician has f**k-all chance of being elected. Also, nothing is preventing more women from working in politics. Feminists want to see more women in that field? Cool. Then start by encouraging women to do it, rather than telling them they are victims to "men's grand design", and more importantly, stop demonising girls who choose not to go into those professions by claiming they are basically, less than human.

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 12, 2014, 03:04:04 PMwith average income skewed overwhelmingly in their favor across pretty much all demographics

I assume you're talking about the wage gap? Yeah, about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH4lb88DMeo&list=PLLO6ccB_pExylnnhwid6ovIwGNKAcKbBY&index=80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwogDPh-Sow

http://www.ncpa.org/pdfs/ba392.pdf
http://social.dol.gov/blog/myth-busting-the-pay-gap/

Please tell me more about how men don't have their own set of problems to deal with.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed