Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 78,686 times)

DB

DB

I find it funny when I see a Predator charging a heavy attack, I know I can't possibly intercept it at this point so I jump and run away only for the Predator to knock me down with a haduken.

I'm guessing Aliens spit acid at you when you try and run from them. :P

Kane

Kane

Quote from: DB on Feb 07, 2010, 03:39:32 PM
I find it funny when I see a Predator charging a heavy attack, I know I can't possibly intercept it at this point so I jump and run away only for the Predator to knock me down with a haduken.

I thought you can block heavy attacks with light attacks?  ???

Xhan

Xhan

Come to think of it it also works from the side against a strafe, too... probably a function of collision, or maybe the Pred has a dragonball sphere of ultimate power.

QuoteI thought you can block heavy attacks with light attacks

See: Pred win button thread.

FrankO

FrankO

The hit detection is sort of kind of crazy... I think I speared a marine through the chest with my tail from thirty feet

cameron112497

Quote from: Kane on Feb 07, 2010, 03:41:12 PM
Quote from: DB on Feb 07, 2010, 03:39:32 PM

I thought you can block heavy attacks with light attacks?  ???
if your a to far away to do the light attack animation. you majicly start moving towards the predator. then do teh animation. by taht  time the predator has already finished the heavy attack.

nyce

nyce

Dont you like when aliens are sticked to the ceilings and spamming you down with tailstrike, from 10 meters, and you cant even reach them.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: Xhan on Feb 07, 2010, 03:41:48 PM
Come to think of it it also works from the side against a strafe, too... probably a function of collision, or maybe the Pred has a dragonball sphere of ultimate power.

To be fair, the alien has the same range. I've been hit by, and have hit, people who were the same distance away as is being describe for the pred here.

cameron112497

with a predator i can use punce attack with alien vision. as marine... I usually dont let them come that close. when they do i just spray on the ceiling and pray.

cameron112497

Quote from: Eidotemit on Feb 07, 2010, 04:00:13 PM

To be fair, the alien has the same range. I've been hit by, and have hit, people who were the same distance away as is being describe for the pred here.
This isnt a fix predator thread im just saying hit detection needs to be reworked a bit.

Xhan

Xhan

I've been clipped as a rine, but not as an Alien... yet.

This isnt a fix predator thread im just saying hit detection needs to be reworked a bit.

probably a function of collision

Dgeesio

Dgeesio

well quite obious he needs to be able to move quicker! if a alien gets near him you can move as quick therefor dead majority of time. he seems like hes got 20 stone rigger boots on and can jog at best.

speed him up a bit make him more fun.

also the gun he mainly uses is like the size of a house ! he needs to be nimble not carry a bloody 6 foot load of bread

Xhan

Xhan

No.

Steve C

Steve C

^^ I like it.  Simple, easy to remember.  Gets right to the point. ;D

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: cameron112497 on Feb 07, 2010, 04:02:22 PM

Thats what I'm saying too. I'm saying that both the pred and alien seem to be able to hit things out of their range.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: DB on Feb 07, 2010, 03:38:09 PM
Tracker bleeps with even the slightest movements. Tested it with a friend last night when we only ever got matched with each other.

That doesn't include looking around, right?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed