Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 78,687 times)

XxecutionerxX

I wish they add more taunts for the alien in the full version. For the predator too as well.

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: Eidotemit on Feb 07, 2010, 12:38:58 PM
-Alien bark with every jump. If you must have it, adjust its volume and pitch to reflect the distance jumped (longer = louder)

You don't actually hear the Aliens bark as a Marine or a Predator, or even as another Alien watching someone wall-jump. At least I haven't heard it yet, even when I'm very close to the jumping Alien in question.

webley13

webley13

well, the obvious flaw which has already been apologised for is the fact that when you click on "quick game", it isnt quick at all, but its not to long to the point where your smashing your mouse into the desk, at least not for me.

the graphics are superb but i wish there were options to disable some of it, like the blur effect every time you turn your head and the walk sway - kind of feels like theres to much bobbing and option to turn it off would be nice, but i also think it needs softening if you wish to have it on - its a very nice demo to display the graphics, but when it comes to hard core multiplayer pixel shooting, its kind of awkward that you cant disable some of it

marine - very good class, rather enjoyable, but also hes slow to the point where, if any of the other classes get close, you have no option but to repeatedly watch the "i am about to die" animations - all the other classes get a "e" button which automatically means instant death but the marine doesnt, this makes sense as hes not a melee character, but it would be nice if the marine had an "e" button that would shove or kick the others back a few meters for another round of shotgun - being as slow as he is, any other class really has no issue getting close. your pretty much constantly using the motion tracker not to track, but to keep your distance till they come down the corridors so you can blast the target from the other end of it. good, but unbalanced fun

also - when the hell did the smartgun ever sound like that? seriously this is just wrong

predator - ok so this class is obviously the overpowered class - only because the marine is so underpowered mainly. a good alien player can pretty much have a predator - the only complaints with me are, his jumping indicator, it doesnt belong in pc games and certainly not multi-player, i can see why it might be used in single player but the whole process of using it more than likely gets you killed as its one of the slowest processes in the game to complete and when it starts you have no control, you cant shoot or anything, you just sit there watching him make the jump then land it - from a multiplayer point of view a predator wants to jump next to his prey, not on the closest indicator next to it a few steps away, i want to jump next to it, the other games posed no problems with this, why is this a step back?. the spear, why can i throw it but not use it for extended melee combat?, this was my fav weapon in avp2, why have they decided that the almighty predator wouldn't swing it around in an almighty predator rage? and why would i ever use it when theres all the other ranged predator weapons to choose from which are actually better?

alien - i liked the alien, theres very little you can do with the alien to mess up this class, hes always the same in any of the games, fast, deadly when close, climbs anything and also a bit squishy, its a simple, easy to make, effective class

the death animations............. ok so in the demo they are nice to look at, but if i played this game on multiplayer all the time like i do mw2 i think i would get cheesed off with watching them then wait 5 secs to respawn after - surley they can be kept, but also the option to "just end it" would become available?

DISCLAIMER please dont delete this thread if other people flame it, delete thier comments instead as i have not flamed or tried to start one and i want avp devs to maybe see this

many thanks

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Feb 07, 2010, 01:23:15 PM
Quote from: Eidotemit on Feb 07, 2010, 12:38:58 PM
-Alien bark with every jump. If you must have it, adjust its volume and pitch to reflect the distance jumped (longer = louder)

You don't actually hear the Aliens bark as a Marine or a Predator, or even as another Alien watching someone wall-jump. At least I haven't heard it yet, even when I'm very close to the jumping Alien in question.

I'll try and pay attention to it next time I'm on, as I really only notice when I am the alien. Still, if thats the case, I still don't want to hear it with every jump. Good point though.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Hive Tyrant is correct. Only the player using the jump hears the sound effect.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Yeah, after he said something I couldn't really recall hearing it as anyone else.

cameron112497

Many times in a melle when a predator starts heavy attacking a backpedal as the alien. However even if hes swinging 7 feet away in the air it still counts as a hit. the only time ive ever been able to escape is when i jumped to the ceiling. should this be fixed or is it not broken. also i hope rebellion looks at these forums.

Xhan

Xhan

It's local. However the Alien DOES make noises moving that aren't. Both of those need to go away.

One is pure balance/aethetic BS, the other is completely unnecessary reinforcement.

*Walks*

THE ALIEN IS A SAVAGE INSTINCTUAL BEAST

*Wallwalks*

A GIANT STUPID SLOBBERING SPACE DOG THAT WILL PWN YOUR FACE WITH SAVAGE UNBRIDLED SAVAGERY

*jumps*

A VERITABLE PLETHORA OF SAVAGE INSTINCTUAL SAVAGERY

*hides*

A SNARLING RAGE FILLED SAVAGE-A-SAURUS, READY TO SAVAGE ANYTHING THAT WANDERS BY WITH PURELY INSTINCTUAL RAGE

Goddamn, dude; WE GET IT.

It was stupid and annoying in AvP2, and it's stupid and annoying now.

Rebellion said the Alien had the bestest hearing... HOW'S ABOUT I CAN ACTUALLY HEAR IT, THAT WOULD BE NICE, THANK YOU.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

We know the growling ceases when you don't move. Do we know if it continues if you walk slowly?

Xhan

Xhan

Growling is traded for heavy perv breathing when you stay still. Walking hasn't been of ANY benefit that I can tell; will test tracker blipping shortly.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

The distance thing should be fixed for all species. The pred isn't the only one who seems to land hits well out of range.

And Rebellion does have a presence in the forum and listens to our feedback.

Xhan

Xhan

The latter may be part of collision model or simple good ol fashioned lag.

DB

DB

Tracker bleeps with even the slightest movements. Tested it with a friend last night when we only ever got matched with each other.

Xhan

Xhan

So ka.

cameron112497

I play on the 360 and everything was running smoothly. it happens tons of times too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed