Planet of the Apes timeline

Started by xenoguy12, Jun 30, 2007, 04:40:58 PM

Author
Planet of the Apes timeline (Read 1,925 times)

xenoguy12

xenoguy12

Anyone think this is cool

http://www.theforbidden-zone.com/info/apeline.shtml

The apes timeline is well done

Uncanny Antman

There are such huge logic gaps in the Apes timeline though...there are two gigantic problems within the continuity that me 'n a co-worker always mock:

1.  The ship Taylor and co. use to travel to (and from ;) ) the Planet of the Apes crashes into the lake.  In the space of just a few weeks, Zira, Cornelius and Milo somehow fish it out and convert just the cockpit area into a working time machine.  (?!)

2.  A plague wipes out all cats and dogs, and humans take to using apes as pets and helpers.  Caesar is special though, being the son of Cornie and Zira.  After Caesar rallies the apes to take over the world, all the apes are speaking English, riding horses, shooting rifles, driving jeeps, et cetera.  And yet these were just regular, run-of-the-mill apes just a few years prior.

Plus, you've got at least three universes...original film series, TV series, and reviled remake.

The thing is, despite the problems, (and the fact that at least two of the films are shithouse) I still love the PotA universe.  :)

xenoguy12

xenoguy12

Those Plotholes bother you that much?

Uncanny Antman

Did you even read the last sentence of my post?

They don't 'bother me so much'...I just felt like mentioning it.  Apologies to all the people who have posted in this thread so far.

Jungle Hunter

Jungle Hunter

im just posting here so you can apologize to me so i can be included in this :P though i have no reason why you would lol

Uncanny Antman

Aha, nice try, Jungle...but you'll notice I said "...so far", thus protecting myself from any further apology obligations.  :)

Jungle Hunter

Jungle Hunter

YOU WIN THIS ROUND but there shall be others so BEWARE PO-LICE MAN for you cant stop what cant be stopped.

P.S. i said po-lice man just to make it alll that better

Uncanny Antman

Yo Dre, I got somethin to say.  f**k tha po-lice.  Fuh, fuh, f**k tha po-lice.

SM

SM

I remember watching the first two flicks again recently, and looked around for a timeline for the rest of the series.  And ended up going "Ye Gods, what a mess!!"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed