Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 348,550 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ace3g on Dec 05, 2017, 01:54:17 AM
See where this goes

https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/937860099363635201

I find myself intrigued by this. I feel like it's definitely be a more unique take on Trek. Eagerly await more news on this.

Immortan Jonesy

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think a R rated Star Trek could work. Just because it's R rated that does not mean it will be blood, guts, sex and boobs everywhere. You can make a dark and mature Sci-Fi movie without any of that. We had Star Trek stuff before aim to adults (Remember Star Trek: Klingon for the PC?).

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Wow. That is moving along quite fast. I'd be really curious to see where they'd take an R rated film. Closest comparison I could think of would be Khan - that was rated 15 over here.

skhellter

skhellter

Khan, Undiscovered Country and Discovery are the "hardest" trek fare so far...

Tarantino is a big fan of the franchise.
I'm expecting this to be quite faithful to the lore and characters while still being playful in a very tarantino way.

I'm not expecting any huge amounts of gore and fbombs, tbh. It'll probably be tame compared to Tarantino's other stuff...

ace3g

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Happy to see they're continuing to move on with this. It sounds like a really interesting idea.

D88M

D88M

huh, tarantino is not a great director, but seems to be a huge fan, and it cannot be worse and more far away from what ST is than what abrams did, so i have mixed feelings, the R rating is not necessary either, actually with Star Trek Continues, Discovery, and The Orville i do not think that the simpler, dumber and twisted version for casual audiences are those new movies needs to go on

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I've been reading these two oral history of Star Trek books, and the DS9 chapter has me really wanting to watch through that on Netflix. I think I'll start on the three day weekend I have coming up. Maybe I'll go back later and watch through TNG when I feel like flagellating myself with that awful first season I can never push myself through...

Oh, and since I loved Band of Brothers so much, I'm looking forward to checking out Erik Jendresen's unproduced Trek script about the Romulan war.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I love DS9. Same as all Star Trek, skip to Season 3 and it's gold!

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 05, 2018, 09:59:47 AM

I'm almost at the good stuff, then.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 05, 2018, 09:59:47 AM

Going off of the book, you have to wait until Michael Piller signs on for TNG to get good, and for DS9/VOY you have to wait for him to leave. :laugh:

Ingwar

Ingwar

Jonathan Frakes about Tarantino's Star Trek.

QuoteFrakes: Where do you fall on the Quentin Tarantino story?

RT: Oh. Well, you know, I'm open.

Frakes: Speak frankly.

RT: I'm open to have people experiment and to see what they can do with a thing. What about you? Let me throw that right back at you.

Frakes: I texted with J.J. about it to see what his take was. I wanted to see if I could get the scoop out of him, and he just said it's going to be wild. I threw it back at him. I'm fascinated. I love the fact that Patrick Stewart played his hand so well and said, "Yeah, I'm available. Count me in."

RT: When you look at films like Logan and Deadpool, harder is not necessarily bad, you know? We saw some pushback with Discovery dropping the f-bomb, which was a big moment for me as a longtime viewer. I think people who maybe grew up with Star Trek as part of their childhood and have always seen it as a family-oriented property —

Frakes: Yeah, and are sharing it with their family now.

RT: Yeah, and I think it may have taken some of them by surprise to see that kind of profanity.

Frakes: One can only expect more if Quentin's in charge.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/star-trek-jonathan-frakes-on-directing-discovery-death-and-quentin-tarantino/

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So Season 1, Part 2 -

I love that it looks like we're getting a sustained arc in the
Spoiler
Mirror Universe.
[close]
Again, I can't help but wonder about canon implications, though. It was nice to see that connection in the way of the
Spoiler
Defiant
[close]
. Unfortunately had that spoiled on Facebook before I had the chance to watch it but I still loved it. And  :o ...
Spoiler
Culber...
[close]
Didn't expect that!

I'm really disappointed that it did actually turn out the
Spoiler
Voq/Tyler thing is
[close]
right. Mostly just because everyone had already figured this out. It's the same "meh" I had with the Flash reveal in Season 3. The audience being 10 episodes a head of the show.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Got four episodes of DS9 down. It's pretty decent so far, with Odo and Quark being the best parts. And it's kind of funny how two Hellraiser actors popped up by the third episode. Also, is it some unwritten rule that every Trek series has to have an episode where the crew gets affected by a stupidity virus? Because they've done that here, too, and they must have loved it so much they made it the status quo of Voyager. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed