All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 348,497 times)

Doctor Ash

Doctor Ash

That would be great! I guess we'll see the Andorians soon, after so much name dropping..

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Didn't they tease the antennae during production?

Doctor Ash

Doctor Ash

Yes, i remember the release of a picture with an andorian looking latex mask soon after the beginning of the (pre)production.

Edit: Found it:

http://www.thetrekcollective.com/2016/08/andorians-coming-to-star-trek-discovery.html

The orange looking skin is strange. Either it's another species or it's related to the four different genders of the Andorians.

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

Been binge watching the classics. If you have Amazon Prime they include all of the classic movies up to Insurrection, and they include Beyond.

Vermillion

Vermillion

I think The orange is just the unpainted prosthetic.

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

I hate the Klingons in this show. Have they never heard of ADR? They always sound like they have a mouth full of ham sandwich when they say anything.

Spoiler
The whole ship teleportation thing feels too Event Horizon to me thus far.
[close]

SM

SM

:D I noticed that in the first episode.  Just waiting for someone to go "Nah, sorry, didn't catch that."

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Mr. Xenomorph on Oct 09, 2017, 02:33:57 AM
I hate the Klingons in this show. Have they never heard of ADR? They always sound like they have a mouth full of ham sandwich when they say anything.

Egff!

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

Having seen the various previews of DISCOVERY, I couldn't take it seriously as being set in the 'prime timeline' as a precursor to the classic TOS show - and having seen the first 3 episodes now, my view on that hasn't changed one jot!  Let's be honest here, it's a complete re-imagining of the original concept by the makers, where very little meshes with the original show's material or tone...

However...rather than look on this as a completely rebooted version of original Star Trek era, I went into it imagining it as an unrelated, 'Alternative Universe' to the 'prime timeline' version instead - and was actually able to enjoy it much more this way!  ;D

I still find the opening credits and theme a major disappointment - hell, I'd rather just shorten them to start at the point where we just see the words 'Star Trek Discovery', along with the brief cue of the line drawing of the ship flying towards us, before continuing with the episodes - but by totally separating this from being an actual prequel to the original Star Trek show, I'm now looking forward to whatever comes next...as it won't matter if anything ties in logically with the look of the classic show or not, regarding 'Klingons' or whatever else!  :laugh:

skhellter

skhellter

There's still nothing in the new show that compares with the
EDGINESS
of the TNG "rape gangs".  :-X

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Rape_gang

or the weird episode where they
go full on Cronenberg Body Horror.  :laugh:

Also.. fans need to make peace with the fact that the original series
just doesnt LOOK LIKE THE FUTURE anymore :laugh:
And if there's gonna be a new show,
they really needed to update the aesthetics. lol

SM

SM

Did they ever say why they put it in the timeframe they did?

Why not make it post Nemesis and they can make it look exactly they way they want without worrying about visual continuity.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Oct 10, 2017, 04:06:03 AM
Did they ever say why they put it in the timeframe they did?

Why not make it post Nemesis and they can make it look exactly they way they want without worrying about visual continuity.

Not that I can remember seeing. They wanted to play with this Klingon conflict but to be honest, that just feels like a response to Axanar. They could have done all the other stuff post-Nemesis. I imagine it's in the Kelvin-verse, personally.

I enjoyed the new episode. I thought Burnham's story in this episode was very Trek (don't judge a book by its cover) and it was interesting to see the tartigrade get handled like that. Something you don't see too often (I know Trek has done it a few times but not often). Really digging Lorca too. Still not keen on the Klingon ship designs.

Also
Spoiler
surely someone would have come back to help out the sarcophagus ship or check them out in the 6 months.
Also cool to see someone took Gorgeou's telescope before they abandoned ship. I wonder if it was a gaff or an actual point for later? Saru took it and finds out Burnham has it?
[close]

Preview for #5.

Doctor Ash

Doctor Ash

Spoiler
Wouldn't the Klingons poison themselves by eating Georgiou's corpse after running out of food? The corpse might have been decomposing at that time. or did they eat her directly after finding her because they are cannibals and humanoids are a natural part of their menu?
[close]

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

Quote from: skhellter on Oct 10, 2017, 03:02:03 AM
Also.. fans need to make peace with the fact that the original series
just doesnt LOOK LIKE THE FUTURE anymore :laugh:
And if there's gonna be a new show,
they really needed to update the aesthetics. lol

As far as the original show looking 'dated' in certain ways, maybe it's time for me to look on the TOS show as being set in an 'alternative universe' to our own too, and not just to the DISCOVERY show!  :laugh:

SM

SM

Quote from: Doctor Ash on Oct 10, 2017, 08:17:22 AM
Spoiler
Wouldn't the Klingons poison themselves by eating Georgiou's corpse after running out of food? The corpse might have been decomposing at that time. or did they eat her directly after finding her because they are cannibals and humanoids are a natural part of their menu?
[close]

Spoiler
She died on the Klingon ship.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed