skhellter

skhellter

yap

Spoiler
Gorn Skelly, yes.

[close]

Vermillion

Vermillion

I'm a bit tired of Michael saying "I'm sorry" in every episode so far.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'm sorry you don't like it.

Doctor Ash

Doctor Ash

If one considers the talk about klingon food appearing in the next episode, mentioned in After Trek Episode 1 and the title of it, i guess Saru and the Klingons eating Kelpians may be a plot point...

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 03, 2017, 03:18:28 PM
I'm sorry you don't like it.

Internet troll level 50 achieved!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Doctor Ash on Oct 03, 2017, 04:47:02 PM
If one considers the talk about klingon food appearing in the next episode, mentioned in After Trek Episode 1 and the title of it, i guess Saru and the Klingons eating Kelpians may be a plot point...

It'll be interesting to see Saru actually come face-to-face with a Klingon or have to fight those instincts.

Quote from: skhellter on Oct 03, 2017, 02:41:46 PM
yap

Spoiler
Gorn Skelly, yes.

[close]

Cool beans! Thought so.  :)

Sabby

Sabby

I haven't seen episode 3 of Discovery yet, but the first 2 were... really, really awful. Maybe I would like them better if I didn't just now start watching TNG (just started season 4), so I'm only just now starting to get what Star Trek was like, but this Michael person is an awful human being and I honestly hate her, as a lead role and as a person. Her disjointed introduction and sporadic mood shifts certainly didn't help to establish her (she's honestly three different people in the first episode), but the one she seemed to settle on by the end of episode 2 deserved to be imprisoned.

I don't get how everyone rails against Wesley Crusher as the worst character in Star Trek, yet so many people are okay with this seething c**t. Is episode 3 an improvement?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Would you say this show is too SJWish for Star Trek?

Sabby

Sabby

No.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

About on par for Star Trek?

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: Sabby on Oct 04, 2017, 07:54:49 AM
I don't get how everyone rails against Wesley Crusher as the worst character in Star Trek,
yet so many people are okay with this seething c**t.

If you're the kind of person who uses that horrid language,
then it is no wonder that you dont understand this at all.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I really don't get the dislike of her. She's interesting and as far from a c**t as possible. She was trying to do what was right and committed to that to a flaw. And she's principled enough to accept her punishment. I like that.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Like Ripley in Alien?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Not the immediate comparison I would make but they share some traits, I guess.

genocyber

genocyber

Well for female leads she's far more likable than Janeway was.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed