All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 346,363 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Sep 28, 2017, 10:38:30 AM
I barely remember any of that awful TWoK ripoff.

I envy you.

Spoiler
But they did! It was just mega redesigned. They called it a thruster pack didn't they?
[close]

I was just lefting pondering - why didn't it at least look a bit like the one form TMP.

I'd guess same as the other aesthetic changes? Because they wanted something different or modernised or something like that?

Yeah.  I even dig Final Frontier.

Mad man! I think V is the only one (apart from STID) that I've not rewatched countless times.

SM

SM

QuoteI'd guess same as the other aesthetic changes? Because they wanted something different or modernised or something like that?

Prolly.

QuoteMad man! I think V is the only one (apart from STID) that I've not researched countless times.

It needed a couple of more drafts, but Nimoy, Kelley and the Shat were on fire in that flick.  I just watch it for their scenes.

Scorpio

Scorpio

I like all the Star Trek movies up to First Contact.  The rest don't really do it for me.

Sabby

Sabby

The first episode made me legitimately nauseous. The camera keeps wobbling and tilting, changing angles every other second, changing the depth of field, and it's almost always too close to the characters.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Scorpio on Sep 28, 2017, 11:58:28 AM
I like all the Star Trek movies up to First Contact.  The rest don't really do it for me.

Insurrection I enjoy for what TPTB wanted. Something a little lighter and fun and I think that works. I regularly quote Worf...

And Nemesis....has its issues but I enjoy all the pew-pew stuff.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Sep 28, 2017, 10:38:30 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 28, 2017, 06:56:12 AM
Do you still dig it anyway?

Yeah.  I even dig Final Frontier.

But of course you do.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The motion picture tried to put too much science into the science-fiction part. The other 5 movies were all great and moved the story of the crew along. The TNG movies were ok as well, even though they had a made for TV-movie feel to them. If they are other movies between that and JJ's, I missed them. However the JJs movies, while decent action films are wholly awful Star Trek movies.

SM

SM

First was good, second was rubbish, third was underwhelming.  I think they've done a great job recasting the characters, it's just the stories are a bit naff.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It'd be interesting to me if they could wrap up the new movies by restoring the timeline as they did at end of Yesterday's Enterprise.  They could even leave permanent changes like the whole Tasha Yar mess if they don't want to eradicate all traces of the alternate timeline.

SM

SM

I love the time travel stories but I always found them too neat and tidy.  Even First Contact there was a stack of people on Earth who'd met time travellers and been exposed to their technology and nothing over the course of the next couple of hundred years was changed?

The other thing with First Contact (which I otherwise really like) is that why did the Borg travel back in time as a last resort?  They could've just gone back in time in deep space where no one would see them, warp to Earth and assimilate it before the populous had even started recovering from WW3.  No one in the future would be any the wiser.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Sep 29, 2017, 02:56:08 AM
The other thing with First Contact (which I otherwise really like) is that why did the Borg travel back in time as a last resort?  They could've just gone back in time in deep space where no one would see them, warp to Earth and assimilate it before the populous had even started recovering from WW3.  No one in the future would be any the wiser.

And they could still do that now. Hell, go even further back when we really wouldn't stand a chance.

Quote from: SM on Sep 28, 2017, 09:36:00 PM
First was good, second was rubbish, third was underwhelming.  I think they've done a great job recasting the characters, it's just the stories are a bit naff.

I really loved Beyond. I thought it felt more like genuine Star Trek than the other 2.

Doctor Ash

Doctor Ash

I like the first episodes. They gave the Klingons some fascinating concepts and made them more interesting and charismatic imo. Just wonder what the Kahless clone would have thought about the dishonorable action of T'Kuvma when he destroyed the Admiral's ship...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Oh yeah!
Spoiler
Klingons having cloaking technology already.
[close]

I hmmmed at that.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Goddamn it! It just dawned on me Star Trek: Discovery is STD.

Doctor Ash

Doctor Ash

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 29, 2017, 09:00:09 AM
Oh yeah!
Spoiler
Klingons having cloaking technology already.
[close]

I hmmmed at that.

Maybe the exchange of cloaking technology and ships with the Romulans happened in the hundred years between Enterprise and Discovery. Would also explain the different ship design. Maybe the Klingon ships are actually romulan...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed