All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 348,445 times)

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 09, 2016, 10:13:56 PM
Bryan Fuller Named Co-creator of New Star Trek TV Series

http://www.startrek.com/article/bryan-fuller-named-co-creator-of-new-star-trek-tv-series

Very exciting news for me.  8)  I'll have to eat this show up...

Spoiler
[close]

I see what you did there. XD

They should get Mads to play a chef aboard the Enterprise.

Spoiler
And then everyone will wonder why all the less cordial crew members keep vanishing.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

This will be infinitely better than the next film.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 10, 2016, 01:56:47 AM
This will be infinitely better than the next film.

Not to mention the last couple of TV shows.... *shudder*

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Only ever seen a bunch of random episodes of TOS and maybe one or two from TNG.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

If memory served he also tried to pitch a new series before the JJ-verse took off.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I recently saw Into Darkness again, as part of a double feature with WoK. I still like it. It's not a perfect film but it's good fun.

KiramidHead

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Thank goodness. He's one of the best Trek creators out there. Also, it's a good thing Kurtzman is only producing; no more silly magic blood stories.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I am so happy about this news. He's responsible for some of the best Trek! It's nice to actually see some overwhelming positive reaction!

http://www.startrek.com/article/roddenberry-added-to-new-tv-series-team

Oh and Star Trek: Horizon went live last week.

It's definitely a good one. Bit too much flare and the lighting betrays its CG environments but otherwise I really enjoyed it.

I may have already posted these -

http://cargocollective.com/nickacosta/Old-Glory

http://collider.com/star-trek-fan-film-lawsuit/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial

More on Paramount/CBS vs Star Trek Axanar. Star Trek Beyond director chips in too.

genocyber

genocyber

As a donator to the Axanar kickstarter,  I feel Paramount is not only betraying their fans by doing this but are passing up what could be a new Battlestar Galactica in terms of sci fi television.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They're downright alienating their fanbase doing this. Star Wars actually embraces their fandom making films and gives presents awards.

I can sort of see where Paramount maybe coming from in terms of being worried that Axanar maybe making a profit. 1 million is a lot. But they appear to be being transparent with where it's all going.

genocyber

genocyber

Except that its still just a fan film. No matter how professional and well done it is, it is not going to steal their profits. If anything it is celebrating the brand name.
Personally I feel the Axanar short felt more true to the spirit of Star Trek than the new movies have been.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 15, 2016, 08:15:13 PM
They're downright alienating their fanbase doing this. Star Wars actually embraces their fandom making films and gives presents awards.

I can sort of see where Paramount maybe coming from in terms of being worried that Axanar maybe making a profit. 1 million is a lot. But they appear to be being transparent with where it's all going.

Exactly, even FOX of all people is fine with the fanbase making Alien and Predator fanfilms. I don't recall Dark Ages having any lawsuits despite making a fanfilm through Kickstarter funds.

And look at what that did in the end, it promoted and celebrated Predator. Many people loved Dark Ages.

You're right, all Paramount are doing is alienating their fans.

genocyber

genocyber

How much you want to bet Paramount will meddle with the production of this new series to stay closer in tone and style to the JJ Abrams movies?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: genocyber on Mar 15, 2016, 08:33:26 PM
Except that its still just a fan film. No matter how professional and well done it is, it is not going to steal their profits. If anything it is celebrating the brand name.
Personally I feel the Axanar short felt more true to the spirit of Star Trek than the new movies have been.

I definitely agree. It's a celebration of Star Trek. It's people whose love for the franchise goes that far and their vision resonates with so many fans that they were able to amass that kind of money.

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 15, 2016, 09:41:14 PM
Exactly, even FOX of all people is fine with the fanbase making Alien and Predator fanfilms. I don't recall Dark Ages having any lawsuits despite making a fanfilm through Kickstarter funds.

And look at what that did in the end, it promoted and celebrated Predator. Many people loved Dark Ages.

You're right, all Paramount are doing is alienating their fans.

They did C&D Alien Identity though. But that was down to how similar it seemed to be in terms of what Blomkamp was doing with Alien 3.2

Quote from: genocyber on Mar 16, 2016, 12:03:45 AM
How much you want to bet Paramount will meddle with the production of this new series to stay closer in tone and style to the JJ Abrams movies?

It already sounds like that's a bit of a mess. They're doing some reshoots and have added a new character into it. I don't have massive hopes for Beyond.

http://trekcore.com/blog/2016/03/zoe-saldana-back-on-set-for-star-trek-beyond-shoots-shows-off-new-uniform-look/

QuoteAs we reported late last week, the production team is back at work for additional STAR TREK BEYOND filming, and today Uhura actress Zoe Saldana took a break from her time on the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 set to get back into uniform.

Like with Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg, and the other cast we've seen over the past nine months of filming, Saldana is also sporting one of the new uniforms worn by the Enterprise crew - and as we reported back in the fall, the lieutenant has a rank braid back on her sleeve.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed