All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 348,545 times)

Hubbs

Hubbs

I don't mean literately ::)

The last Trek movie was a generic action flick that happened to be called Star Trek and used the same character names.

Magegg

Magegg

Me gustó Star Trek (2009), pero la segunda se me hizo aburrida  ::) Al menos las películas pre-reboot de Star Trek me ofrecían algo más cerebral, esta nueva fue thriller genérico.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 17, 2014, 09:23:17 PM

The last Trek movie was a generic action flick that happened to be called Star Trek and used the same character names.

No it wasn't. It was Star Trek in a new direction.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 18, 2014, 12:48:57 PM
Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 17, 2014, 09:23:17 PM

No it wasn't. It was Star Trek in a new direction.

That direction being generic sci-fi action.  :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Meh, I liked it. It's a Star Trek for a new age. If people are that buggered by it, you still have the older flicks.

Gazz

Gazz

I'm a fan of all Star Trek.

I really enjoyed Star Trek 09 (especially the opening, which ranks among the best pre title sequences in my opinion) but found Into Darkness underwhelming. I could forgive many of the story faults in ST09 because it had the impossible task of reintroducing so many characters and getting them all in the right place without making a ham of it, and it succeeds immensely in that regard. With the characters now firmly established once more, Into Darkness' story had to be good and it just didn't land. The action is great and dazzles the first few times round, but there's no depth to keep me coming back. Overall I think JJ Abrams did a great job with a bad script.

That said I have no problem with the new direction seeking to take cues from Guardians of the Galaxy's success. Star Trek has always been full of weird alien characters. If anything it could be a call back to Trek of the past.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm one of the few people who liked Into Darkness. The only thing that bugged me about it was the uselessness of Kirk's death. I'd be lying if I said I didn't bawl pretty intensely because I was so into it, but reviving him 15 minutes later was a buzzkill.

Magegg

Magegg

Storing their people in missiles, what?! You know what missiles are for?! What if someone unknowledgely just launched them and blew them up?!  ::) ::) That was idiotic, who the f**k wrote that script?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://m.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/12/its-time-for-star-trek-to-return-to-the-small-screen/383794/

STID was a stupid story. Full of stupid ideas - I will never get over hiding a SPACEship in the ocean. The only thing they got right were the character beats.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Fair points, but whatever. I didn't lose my shit over them.

Xhan

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Vermillion

Vermillion

Wow.  Incredible

MudButt

MudButt

Sozin

Sozin

Eh, surely there must have been a better choice. :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed